Nintendo Switch thread - Part 3

oz_yuber

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, any recommendations for case which the switch can be docked? Wanted to purchase the one currently on shopee flash sale but read the comments that the switch will not be able to dock

There was one clear case recommended by the users here which can be docked and it's available at TOG at $19.90 if i recall correctly. I got it from TOG Tampines Mall and it comes with a free screen protector in the box as well.

StewBaby

Reaction score
new to thread

Hello,

I wanna know if I were to purchase an export set, any idea how the warranty works? Or is it no different from a local set?

I wanna purchase the pokemon switch, at what price is it consider a good deal?

Thanks!

Just Me

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I wanna know if I were to purchase an export set, any idea how the warranty works? Or is it no different from a local set?

I wanna purchase the pokemon switch, at what price is it consider a good deal?

Thanks!
Export set no official warranty but local set only offers 3 months for the joycons. Main console is one year. AFAIK

Sent from Xiaomi MI MAX 3 using GAGT

Asakura

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
export set means u send to nintendo urself for warranty issues

local sets in sg goes to maxsoft

Elysium87

Reaction score
1) i have bought quite a number of PEGI games and have been able to redeem my gold coins under my US account (been doing it for past 1 year+). recently i just bought dragon ball heroes to play and im unable to redeem the gold coins, it says due to different country/region that im unable to redeem.

anyone know what's the issue?

2) anyone playing dragon ball heroes? i tried to download the free DLC from EU eshop, but it say not available for download. I download the free DLC from US eshop, it was available as another "game" in my main menu, when i try to launch it, it say i need to have the game when i have the physical game inside my switch already.

i'm not sure how to get the free dlc.

v1hypersg

Reaction score
any encounter nintendo switch battery flat and cannot charge ?

is battery dead ?

where to go for battery replacement as out of warranty ?

straweffigy

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

is battery dead ?

Happened to me ytd. Battery unable to charge, when plugged in, shows top L corner battery dry icon. Even after 30mins or 1hr, still the same.

Try this (at your own risk) (from google): Have your switched plugged in. You will see the above. Then hold your power button down, for 15 seconds. You will see the screen black out totally, not even the icon above. After 20mins, on your Switch again. Can load already + charge normally.

I dunno how many times you can do this until the battery really KO but it's a sign the battery is due for replacement.

bladez87

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I usually leave my switch in the dock for long periods without playing... Donno how will it affect the battery. I didn't switch it off...haven't played the switch on mobile for 5 mths

Sent from Pm Me For Geneco Promo Codes And Plans using GAGT

Last edited:

straweffigy

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I usually leave my switch in the dock for long periods without playing... Donno how will it affect the battery. I didn't switch it off...haven't played the switch on mobile for 5 mths

Sent from Pm Me For Geneco Promo Codes And Plans using GAGT

Yes, if you tend to "overcharge", which is what I usually do when I forget :o

If you full charge your Switch and leave it for awhile.. suddenly it's battery dry again, then this is a sign of battery failing.

straweffigy

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Has anyone send their Switch back to Maxsoft to claim battery replacement yet?

JAson1980

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

is battery dead ?

Happened to me ytd. Battery unable to charge, when plugged in, shows top L corner battery dry icon. Even after 30mins or 1hr, still the same.

Try this (at your own risk) (from google): Have your switched plugged in. You will see the above. Then hold your power button down, for 15 seconds. You will see the screen black out totally, not even the icon above. After 20mins, on your Switch again. Can load already + charge normally.

I dunno how many times you can do this until the battery really KO but it's a sign the battery is due for replacement.

I think after long period of non-usage, the switch goes into self preservation mode. Happens to mine a few times, just leave the original charger and let it wake up from hibernation. Can take a few hours though

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.