Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it

• Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mindline.sg has helpful resources for you. More info
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spidie

Reaction score
Kudos to all the bros and sisters here who are victims. Really help me alot help me calm down and get on with life. Still remember first few days was so scared dunno what to do. Now after reading the post i know how to face this issues and get on with life and work. A big thanks to all brothers here. Especially Ravenkingsg80, Justiceleague2018 and Makimah. Really big help from you all.

delceer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone got lobang for cctv, i wanna install. Recently took loan from UML take $700, payback $1000. Den i paid deferment $250. After pay den was asked to take another loan of $700. But end up receiving $750. So when 2nd week comes i couldn't pay the deferment coz it's $500 for 2 loans. So the LS suggested to open bank acct for him, den i can get $400/mth. I agreed and passed my atm card, but i didn't passed it personally. Placed it somewhere at the RC a few blocks away. Few days later another guy sent a pic saying he transferred $300 to my acct. I was shocked, i straight away asked for the acct no to transfer back since i nvr asked for any loan. The guy said he'll give later(which ended up a few days later). And when he gave me the acct no he said can only transfer $200, coz later got problem with bank. So i blindly followed and transferred $200. Few days later the 1st guy asked for payment, den i said i tot already deducted from the $400? Den he say still short of $100 coz 2 loans. So I transferred the balance $100. After realising my mistake, i called my bank to report loss of atm card and made a police report through i-witness. The officer did a follow up but couldn't do much as the harrassments were done only through txts. I've called 999 this afternoon as i've received another harrassment thru txt coz i'm worried my mum is at home alone. So that's why i wanna install cctv to at least deter the runners from doin anything.

Under the Moneylenders Act, when a bank account or ATM card of any person is used to facilitate moneylending by an unlicensed moneylender, that person is presumed to have assisted in unlicensed moneylending.

Those convicted of the above for the first time may be fined between $30,000 and $300,000, jailed for up to four years, and get up to six strokes of the cane.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singap...ted-loan-shark-activities-in-islandwide-sweep

pursuant to section 203 of the Penal Code, whoever “knowing or having reason to believe that an offence has been committed, gives any information respecting that offence which he knows or believes to be false” shall be liable to a jail term of up to 2 years, or a fine, or both.

https://singaporelegaladvice.com/la...uthorities-a-punishable-offence-in-singapore/

RavenKing80sg

Reaction score
From my understanding and past experiences, there are 2 types of UMLs or loan sharks:

1) The first group is the one that can be found quite in this thread. They transfer money to you, saying that we applied for a loan when we didn't. When it comes to repayments, they are damn evasive in giving instructions. And when you do follow them, they'll come up with lots of excuses why it didnt count. Usually these type are the weekly payments, and almost 100% this is a scam.

2) The second is different. They offer you a loan amount i.e. $1000. You can pay the interest to defer, usually 40% every month ($400) until you are ready to clear the loan amount + interest. I've ever come across this type of UMLs, but i stayed away when they asked for my NRIC via whatsapp. The scary thing about this method? I know of some LML that uses the same payment methods. Which begs the question; are these LMLs just UMLs operating with a legal front?

Any thoughts from the bros and sisters here?

Spidie

Reaction score
From my understanding and past experiences, there are 2 types of UMLs or loan sharks:

1) The first group is the one that can be found quite in this thread. They transfer money to you, saying that we applied for a loan when we didn't. When it comes to repayments, they are damn evasive in giving instructions. And when you do follow them, they'll come up with lots of excuses why it didnt count. Usually these type are the weekly payments, and almost 100% this is a scam.

2) The second is different. They offer you a loan amount i.e. $1000. You can pay the interest to defer, usually 40% every month ($400) until you are ready to clear the loan amount + interest. I've ever come across this type of UMLs, but i stayed away when they asked for my NRIC via whatsapp. The scary thing about this method? I know of some LML that uses the same payment methods. Which begs the question; are these LMLs just UMLs operating with a legal front?

Any thoughts from the bros and sisters here?

But the second type there is no assurance that they will keep their words. They may also do the scam method after you get a loan from them. So what can we do to make sure that they are the second type ?

MimieLoma45

Reaction score
hi,so far..did any of the UML harass ur house?

Kudos to all the bros and sisters here who are victims. Really help me alot help me calm down and get on with life. Still remember first few days was so scared dunno what to do. Now after reading the post i know how to face this issues and get on with life and work. A big thanks to all brothers here. Especially Ravenkingsg80, Justiceleague2018 and Makimah. Really big help from you all.

RavenKing80sg

Reaction score
But the second type there is no assurance that they will keep their words. They may also do the scam method after you get a loan from them. So what can we do to make sure that they are the second type ?

If anyone offers loan via whatsapp, they are usually UMLs

Faizal8428

Reaction score
I started to feel that that thay're UMLs instead of LMs when the 1st guy txted me using another number saying his original number got banned, so i tot which LMs would have dis kind of issue right.

RavenKing80sg

Reaction score
I started to feel that that thay're UMLs instead of LMs when the 1st guy txted me using another number saying his original number got banned, so i tot which LMs would have dis kind of issue right.

correct. also LMs are no longer allowed to solicit any business via whatsapp or social media. only through their websites

Spidie

Reaction score
hi,so far..did any of the UML harass ur house?

So far never. Dunno they will do it a not . Everyday go home still a bit worry. But i basically never borrow any money from them why they are after me i also dunno. Wasting their time and my time. Now this number call my hp i also ignore. 8150 9205 any kind souls want to call back for me see who this fxxker is ?

RavenKing80sg

Reaction score
So far never. Dunno they will do it a not . Everyday go home still a bit worry. But i basically never borrow any money from them why they are after me i also dunno. Wasting their time and my time. Now this number call my hp i also ignore. 8150 9205 any kind souls want to call back for me see who this fxxker is ?

Just ignore the number if you don't recognise it. Change your number quickly too.

RavenKing80sg

Reaction score

OK because my number is private i tried calling the number. Not in service

Spidie

Reaction score
OK because my number is private i tried calling the number. Not in service

Thanks Raven. Normally i will add to contact list and see their watsapp pic and see watsapp active a not. Once its active i immediately report and banned the watsapp number as scam. Then block it. Make sure they cannot use watsapp.

Spidie

Reaction score
Got an unknown number just called me. Madness i set one ID on my contact list for unknown and set it to forever silent. So all unknow ring i also dunno. Coz no sound from my phone.

Trustdade

Reaction score
Unknown num we cannot know who call, but if got num remember in front got +65 cfm is uml jus remember that

Got an unknown number just called me. Madness i set one ID on my contact list for unknown and set it to forever silent. So all unknow ring i also dunno. Coz no sound from my phone.

RavenKing80sg

Reaction score
Anyone got lobang for cctv, i wanna install. Recently took loan from UML take $700, payback $1000. Den i paid deferment $250. After pay den was asked to take another loan of $700. But end up receiving $750. So when 2nd week comes i couldn't pay the deferment coz it's $500 for 2 loans. So the LS suggested to open bank acct for him, den i can get $400/mth. I agreed and passed my atm card, but i didn't passed it personally. Placed it somewhere at the RC a few blocks away. Few days later another guy sent a pic saying he transferred $300 to my acct. I was shocked, i straight away asked for the acct no to transfer back since i nvr asked for any loan. The guy said he'll give later(which ended up a few days later). And when he gave me the acct no he said can only transfer $200, coz later got problem with bank. So i blindly followed and transferred $200. Few days later the 1st guy asked for payment, den i said i tot already deducted from the $400? Den he say still short of $100 coz 2 loans. So I transferred the balance $100. After realising my mistake, i called my bank to report loss of atm card and made a police report through i-witness. The officer did a follow up but couldn't do much as the harrassments were done only through txts. I've called 999 this afternoon as i've received another harrassment thru txt coz i'm worried my mum is at home alone. So that's why i wanna install cctv to at least deter the runners from doin anything.

i think you may need permission from hdb if you wish to install cctv

zonda_r

Reaction score
Haizz this loan scam happened to me last week as usual enquiry about loan on fb was force transfer 500 to my account,as i dont want anything to do with the uml i paid 1.3k to fully settle the issue which he agreed this will be the last of it which stupidity i believe so. But the next day another uml force transfer me another 350 and 150 same style as in the first scammer which I believe the first scammer and the second scammer work together, i make the first police report close all contact and change number. The next following day two person came up in early morning with a bicycle chain and left it at my door i called police and make a second police report. After two more days i saw on my camera a person came in at 3.17 am with a bag which i never seen him before near my block I immediately rushed out he was gone in a sec reported this to the io too . Now the 500 which the second scammer force transfer to me the money is still with me as i already requested posb to return back to the sender account but it take few days . I do not plan to return the money to the account provided by the second scammer as i knew another innocent party will be in my same show over and over again. So now my only opinion is to wait?

zonda_r

Reaction score
Haizz this loan scam happened to me last week as usual enquiry about loan on fb was force transfer 500 to my account,as i dont want anything to do with the uml i paid 1.3k to fully settle the issue which he agreed this will be the last of it which stupidity i believe so. But the next day another uml force transfer me another 350 and 150 same style as in the first scammer which I believe the first scammer and the second scammer work together, i make the first police report close all contact and change number. The next following day two person came up in early morning with a bicycle chain and left it at my door i called police and make a second police report. After two more days i saw on my camera a person came in at 3.17 am with a bag which i never seen him before near my block I immediately rushed out he was gone in a sec reported this to the io too . Now the 500 which the second scammer force transfer to me the money is still with me as i already requested posb to return back to the sender account but it take few days . I do not plan to return the money to the account provided by the second scammer as i knew another innocent party will be in my same show over and over again. So now my only opinion is to wait?

Steps myself have taken block all their ctc, change numbers work closly with neighbor and install two camera at my house with 24h recording. Ya btw at night alternative days i will stay up for the night behind the door checking at my camera for the runners or anyone susp to show up my wooden stick is waiting for them :)

Trustdade

Reaction score
F them la, knn why must they do all this ****. Bro u got a PM.

Steps myself have taken block all their ctc, change numbers work closly with neighbor and install two camera at my house with 24h recording. Ya btw at night alternative days i will stay up for the night behind the door checking at my camera for the runners or anyone susp to show up my wooden stick is waiting for them :)

green72

Reaction score
I did same move went I was harassed then. Good that you responded swiftly.
It's a matter of time they are caught and get spanking. Just wait.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.