Recommendation: Reliable workshops in JB

SuperSprint

Reaction score
ACMA got atf oil change package
Quite reasonable price. Labour about 20-30 and u don’t have to waste time go stockist buy the Atf oil.

I did ask them if bring own EO oil and filter can anot.
They say can but not expensive for labour only.

koolaid

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ACMA got atf oil change package
Quite reasonable price. Labour about 20-30 and u don’t have to waste time go stockist buy the Atf oil.

I did ask them if bring own EO oil and filter can anot.
They say can but not expensive for labour only.

do u mean $30 includes atf and labor? i really dont think so.

SuperSprint

Reaction score
do u mean $30 includes atf and labor? i really dont think so.

No bro. Meaning after minus off if u buy own Atf oil and go outside change.
So trying to say the labour fee not very ex.

Package should be 60-80.
Depending on car

I check mine was 59 with Atf oil and labour.
Stockist about 30-33 for Atf oil only.

koolaid

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Package should be 60-80.
Depending on car

oic... all in 60 is very reasonable.

liquidh

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Did you see how it was changed? Is yours a sealed transmission?

Package should be 60-80.
Depending on car

YorYor

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Recently I experienced something strange - my left speakers would crackle/distort when driving over bumpy roads. It would sound normal/great when stationary. So 2 Saturdays ago I visited Sheng Auto. Jackson sat in a test drive and told me that he suspected that my amplifier was faulty. But that day he was packed and didn't have time to even check further.

Even though I suspected it was the speaker's wiring, I wasn't sure and proceeded to get a replacement amp because I trusted his diagnosis, and also partly because I wanted it changed anyway as one of the channels isn't working. Later on, my friend suggested that I try to change the inputs and channels between left and right to confirm whether it's the speakers or the amp. Turns out, the problem remained on the left side. Oh well.

So on Tuesday I went to try out 2 audio/accessories shop and now gonna share for you guys reference.

1. Elegant Auto Sound, near CarClick (can find on Google Maps)
- asked the guy to replace my existing amplifier with another one
- asked the guy to check the wiring of my left speakers
- asked the guy to see if the audio whine can be solved with something I brought along
- asked the guy to try installing a remote control for the headunit
- asked for a price estimate and he said between RM100-200 depending on what he hears for himself
- saw a SG plate in front of me, so thought he shouldn't be too bad. agreed and left the place with another friend to CarClick to replace his car's spark plugs (which took like 1 hour + because had to wait for the dispatch to send the plugs, my friend wasn't too impressed)
- came back about 2 hours later to find the amplifier replaced, but the front speakers had left/right inputs wrongly connected - ok no problem, can just swap it myself
- sounded like the audio whine was gone, but found out later on that it was because amplifier gain wasn't increased
- the guy said there wasn't anything wrong with the left speakers
- the add-on remote was installed and then removed because he said it wasn't compatible - will need to try this again as there is something setting in the headunit to program the keys
- damage RM80
- probably partly my own fault for not staying there to see exactly what he did
- but likely won't revisit because of the next shop I visited

2. Yaw Audio Accessories, near Taman Sentosa
- after I found that that left speakers still crackled, my friend recommended to this shop (which he later told me he has been frequenting them for almost 12 years)
- was lucky they weren't attending to anyone else when I arrived
- told them about my left speakers crackling when road is bumpy
- they proceeded to check the amp and said it was all ok
- after I suggested twice that I suspect it's the speaker's wiring, they checked the left front speaker, and true enough, found one of the wires breaking off without much force. proceeded to re-wire that, and so far the crackling speaker issue is fixed
- damage RM65
- could probably have saved some if I went to just this 2nd shop
- will probably revisit them because they are the only shop so far who recommended that I install some line suppressor to try to fix the audio whine/aeroplane sound, which would cost another RM65 labour and RM20 for the part if it works
- even Sheng Auto just told me it's probably due to the headunit and there's nothing they can do (they are the ones who ran the amplifier and speaker cables)
- downside with Yaw is they are quite hardsell with some of their stuff, but can always say no and they don't change attitude if you say no
- plus side is they advise the pricing up front before doing anything

So this little exercise I spent a bit of unnecessary money here and there, just to find some alternatives. Looks like I may visit Yaw more often - more easily accessible, and more time definite. A little more pricey perhaps, but better than being told no time slot after driving all the way there.
Will update again if I visit Yaw a second time.

myviowner

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Nice.... Thanks for the updates...
For Sheng Auto you need to make appt. Else either wait or gonna come back another time.
Sheng Auto is getting busy as compared 1.5 years ago when i first visited him without any appt made. No cars in his shop during my first visit and the repair was done like 30mins and left a happy. Maybe i am lucky.

Nowadays, i would make appt with Jackson before driving there, even though, have to prepare to wait for a couple of hours before the ride is done.

FinchGuy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone knows if it's cheaper to change ATF fluid (non-CVT, fluid plus labour) in Malaysia? TIA.

funky05

Reaction score
My Hyundai atf blue bottle 4 litres is about $38 without gst here in SG .. in JB, 4 litres of atf is about rm100-rm120 but made in Thailand.. I started to change ATF in JB itself

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.