Car rental in Perth, Western Australia

athletic91

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi all, I am looking to rent a car from Bays Water for 8-9 days. would like to check if it is worth paying extra $70 for a hybrid, or would a normal petrol car be good? how much does the petrol in Perth cost pre liter?

about aud $1.45/ L

beano

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi anyone rented corolla hatch before, is the boot space enough to fit 1 big and 2 small luggage?

Possible if you remove the parcel shelf, are you having 5 pax in total? If not bags can be put on the seat..

But if you're having 5 pax, the hatch will be too small for long trips.

digisales

Reaction score
intending to rent from no birds, do you guys think it is better to buy the zero excess at around $100 from them, or just rely on my travel insurance, which covers up to $2000 excess?

cc2mss5

Reaction score
intending to rent from no birds, do you guys think it is better to buy the zero excess at around $100 from them, or just rely on my travel insurance, which covers up to $2000 excess?

Believed this is covered before but like to share my thoughts

Getting excess from no birds
- hassle free compared to relying on ur own travel insurance

- anything happens, just call no birds and report to them. Await for instructions.

- no need to pay the excess upfront

- cons is additional premium/expenses

Relying on own travel insurance
- anything happens, just call no birds and report to them. Await for instructions

- need to pay the excess upfront

- need to follow up with no birds on repair charges and etc. Get the receipt and claim from insurance company. This will take some time

Sent from Somewhere Out There using GAGT

ozy615

Reaction score
was checking car rental cost for my coming trip.
realized that the drop fee (one way fee) is quite substantial. If I book a car for one week, the cost itself is like only 550 if car is returned in the same city, then the drop fee is another 300 for returning in another city.

beano

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
was checking car rental cost for my coming trip.
realized that the drop fee (one way fee) is quite substantial. If I book a car for one week, the cost itself is like only 550 if car is returned in the same city, then the drop fee is another 300 for returning in another city.

Because that's the cost of 'returning' the car to its original place.. but i feel it's just BS, because the next renter could be driving to your original destination..

oceanicmanta

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
got a Corolla hybrid from Bayswater rental .. AUD 250 for 8 days, unlimited mileage, plus AUD 98 to reduce damage excess to $0 (from $2k)

after 2 days of driving around, picking up from airport, the fuel still shows full

ozy615

Reaction score
Because that's the cost of 'returning' the car to its original place.. but i feel it's just BS, because the next renter could be driving to your original destination..

yes, their should be exchanges between the two cities, not always one way.

EatShiitSleep

Reaction score
Can anyone share experience of arriving Perth at midnight. Would it be better to rent car from airport? Or take a taxi and rent from places like baywater in the city in the morning?

oceanicmanta

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can anyone share experience of arriving Perth at midnight. Would it be better to rent car from airport? Or take a taxi and rent from places like baywater in the city in the morning?

download Ola app, new user gets 50% off rides in first 2 weeks ... I got promo code for AUD 20 if interested

take Ola car into city about AUD 30 ... 50% is just AUD 15

then rent from Bayswater in morning

swirl360

Master Member
Reaction score
We Uber-ed into city at about AUD 30, 32.. And then picked up from Bayswater at Adelaide Terrace in the morning. After that straight to Margaret River.

More relaxing.

Sent from Samsung SM-N960F using GAGT

EatShiitSleep

Reaction score
I have a 1 year old with me. Does Uber and Ola provide child seat? Or this child seat thing can close 1 eye...

Eviltrap

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wanna ask a noob question.

Can we use the phone as GPS in Perth or Australia in general? My Aussie colleague said that we cant touch the phone at ANY time during driving or stopping. Is this true?

Sent from Samsung SM-G965F using GAGT

beano

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wanna ask a noob question.

Can we use the phone as GPS in Perth or Australia in general? My Aussie colleague said that we cant touch the phone at ANY time during driving or stopping. Is this true?

It's true, the rules are different in SG where you can touch while your car is stopped.. but not in Aust..

Eviltrap

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thank you so much for the reassurance. I'll remember to bring those mobile phone holder with suction.

TitanSmall

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all

i will be heading to perth in early sept this year..
including me, there are 7 adults, 1 infant and 1 toddler.
most likely there will be 6 big luggage...
there are 3 drivers...
what combi you think work best? im thinking of getting a SUV + a 8 seater.. is it overkill?

thanks all!

beano

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all

i will be heading to perth in early sept this year..
including me, there are 7 adults, 1 infant and 1 toddler.
most likely there will be 6 big luggage...
there are 3 drivers...
what combi you think work best? im thinking of getting a SUV + a 8 seater.. is it overkill?

thanks all!

Not overkill, you'll be spoilt for space and your passengers will be more comfortable, considering an infant and toddler will occupy a full seat each..

TitanSmall

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not overkill, you'll be spoilt for space and your passengers will be more comfortable, considering an infant and toddler will occupy a full seat each..

Thanks Beano! You are always helpful. Cause it's a little expensive.. so was hoping if can get something cheaper without serious compromise of comfort.

Thinking of the following combo also
1. Kia carnival + Toyota corolla
2. 2x suv

What do you think?

furryballs

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I used my travel insurance (from credit card). Abit hassle but okay. Knocked a kangeroo

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.