Nintendo Switch Games Discussion

invigo79

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Don't you need a subscription to play. I download but don't seem like able to play in offline mode

Sent from HUAWEI Mate 20X P. SILVER using GAGT
Tetris 99 don't have offline mode

Sent from HUAWEI ELE-L29 using GAGT

KingOfSbw

Master Member
Reaction score
No one playing dragonball world heroes card game?
Saw the comments in reddit like nice leh

Sent from Samsung SM-G965F using GAGT

tjhin

Master Member
Reaction score
It's a battle royale game, like PUBG and Fortnite, but with Tetris instead. So you have to be online.

Free-to-play games on Switch no need subscription can still play online, rt?

Tetris 99 is similar to virtual console NES games, free with subscription.

PierceLee

Master Member
Reaction score
I played this on PS4 (Table Top Racing was a PS+ free game). While there's some fun to be had, it can be quite a frustrating experience due to some issues:

In most modern racing games, when you hit a wall (say at 45 degrees angle), you car will bounce off a little bit, it may stop momentarily, but you just steer away from the wall, drive forward, the bumper may rub against the wall a bit, but you generally will just continue forward from there. This even applies when you hit at almost 90 degrees. In this game, when you hit a wall, unless at a very small angle, you are basically stuck there as if glued to the wall, only way out is to waste lots of time to reverse.

In most modern racing games, the track design will avoid dead spots. Here in this game, the tracks have a lot of spots like when you turn a corner, if you over/understeer, you will hit a wall or some obstacles that sticks out a bit, and you are trapped (the above issue makes it worse). Again, have to waste tons of time to reverse out. There is one track where you have to jump off a ramp, then turn right. Since you can't steer in mid-air, you will run into a wall instead. You have to slow down and start turning before the jump. But the AI seems to always make the turn perfectly without slowing down at all.

There is also one mode where you have to chase after a car that's way way ahead, so far away you won't see it but you have to catch up and take it down. The rubber band AI makes this almost impossible, even with the fastest cars. Not to mention that there are lots of dead trap areas on the track, and the AI never makes mistakes while you can run into walls and obstacles and get stuck.

I highly doubt they will fix such design issues. There are probably better choices than this.

Aspiringparamedic

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yep need the subscription. I meant that the app is free. I gues it’s pretty worth it if you have a lot of games that support online play. I hesitated for quite a while but fell for it because I like to play overcooked and Mario kart.

Don't you need a subscription to play. I download but don't seem like able to play in offline mode

Sent from HUAWEI Mate 20X P. SILVER using GAGT

tjhin

Master Member
Reaction score
For anyone who's interested to get Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice, it's about 50% cheaper on Mexico eShop compared to US @ MX$269.99 (~S$20).

I've just bought it :D

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.