Mastercard tap in TransitLink

revhappy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Does the SCB unlimited cashback card get 1.5% for simplygo? I also wonder if they do some kind of rounding up and since the transactions are very small, after roundup hardly any cashback?

ixoral

Reaction score
Just to share. I finally manage to add my Icbc card to simplygo app after Nth times of trying. I guess the deal breaker was I finally decided I should key in my nric number with capital S and capital of the last alphabet :s22:

I couldn’t add my Icbc card to Simplygo app, anyone experienced the same? No issue w the app using my scb unlimited or cimb mc

Boy who Procrastinates

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Does the SCB unlimited cashback card get 1.5% for simplygo? I also wonder if they do some kind of rounding up and since the transactions are very small, after roundup hardly any cashback?

I have recently called their hotline to check with them and they confirmed that it is a qualifying transaction. Nevertheless, I’m still waiting for my statement to be updated so as to make sure that it’s not excluded from their t&c.

Yea you have a point there given that the transaction is in small amount. If you are not a person who value convenience, I would think it makes more sense to go via EZ-Link reload method with more certainty that it is qualified for cashback.

darwinkoh

Reaction score
The SCB $10 include rides after sending the SMS and getting successful reply?

Sent from Nextbit ROBIN using GAGT

The sms acknowledgment reply has “Thank you” and “You are now eligible....”
My was...
"Thank you for your interest in the Simplygo Free Ride Promotion. Be among the first 5,000 to participate in this promotion. All your existing valid Contractless Mastercard Credit/Debit cards will be registered for the Promotion"

A bit different from another quoted in an earlier message.... So successful? Thanks

revhappy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have recently called their hotline to check with them and they confirmed that it is a qualifying transaction. Nevertheless, I’m still waiting for my statement to be updated so as to make sure that it’s not excluded from their t&c.

Yea you have a point there given that the transaction is in small amount. If you are not a person who value convenience, I would think it makes more sense to go via EZ-Link reload method with more certainty that it is qualified for cashback.

Thanks! I will go ahead and apply for the unlimited card. Singsaver is giving $70 for existing customers.

PetPet

Reaction score
:crazy: it’s the same. You do get charged $2 if you do not tap out with an ez-link.

ixoral

Reaction score
Simplygo gives an almost instant app notification on your fare charged. So it’s pretty much checking on the go as well

never for mrt :s13:

I also enjoyed the excitement of tapping out and see zero fares whenever I make a transfer. With simplygo, no more excitement :s13:

I dun like more work having to check simplygo later to confirm correct fares charged, I prefer to check it on the go.

deepblueli

Reaction score
Anyone tried using unlimited standard chartered card? Does it eligible for 1.5% rebate on simplygo transactions?

maumu

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

let's hope he/she's not pulling a fast one. have encountered 'fake news' from CSOs before.

the simplygo just started and not sure anyone has gotten their card statement to reflect those transactions yet. in fact I have taken around 6 trips with the card but no charges yet billed (nor pending) to the card.

wonder how often do they consolidate and charge customers. after 10 trips maybe?

PetPet

Reaction score
If you’re on MasterCard, the amount will only be charged either of this condition (whichever earlier)

- You’ve spent 15$ on the transportation
- The last time you’ve used the transportation network with your MasterCard was 5 days ago.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.