2018 Google Pixel 3 and 3XL...πŸ˜—πŸŽ‰πŸ˜΅

laughingPANDA

Master Member
Reaction score
They need to copy iOS swipe gestures, 1 bar easy and intuitive. Samsung gestures not really ideal also

Posted from PCWX using Galaxy S10+

Yeah iOS one is the most polished one to date imo but I don't think Google is gonna implement it wholesale without putting some of their own flare on it.

I also don't think Google wants others to label them as a copycat. Chinese manufacturers have no issues slapping iOS gestures on their phones and making it as their own though :s13:

Posted from PCWX using Pixel 2 XL

xonix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
New Pixel 3a and 3a XL case renders appear to confirm 3.5mm jack and other features

pixel3anewcaserenders1.jpg

Link: https://www.notebookcheck.net/New-P...m-3-5mm-jack-and-other-features.416221.0.html

wizardmao

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Dont need 3.5mm jack for me.

Better gestures more appreciated. Should always embrace the more intuitive gestures. Its not patented also. And since they embrace notch I dont see why they cant do the same or better for gestures :s22:

deathst

Master Member
Reaction score
Dont need 3.5mm jack for me.

Better gestures more appreciated. Should always embrace the more intuitive gestures. Its not patented also. And since they embrace notch I dont see why they cant do the same or better for gestures :s22:

It might be patented. Qualcomm holds tons of Palm's webOS patents and they used one on Apple in regards to multitasking up card element gesture. So the card UI with swiping up gesture to clear is Qualcomm Palm's webOS patent. Who knows what else they might have

laughingPANDA

Master Member
Reaction score
The front is Galaxy S10. The back is basically iphone 8.

That said... it still will be better than any samsung or hw phone for me.

I only got one wish. To move that hole punch to the middle of the notification shade and not stick it at the side :s12:

limmk

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The front is Galaxy S10. The back is basically iphone 8.

That said... it still will be better than any samsung or hw phone for me.

H/w wise google cmi, just hope they include ultrawide angle len (rear) and optimise with s/w

laughingPANDA

Master Member
Reaction score
H/w wise google cmi, just hope they include ultrawide angle len (rear) and optimise with s/w

Hopefully that second sensor in the render comes to fruition and it's a ultra wide camera and not a telephoto one.

Im hoping for improvements on zoom as well.

I'm guessing the zoom feature probably will be enhanced via software and not hardware since they are already able to achieve portrait with a single lens. Doesn't make sense for them to add a telephoto. Furthermore, they did have that feature to enhance zoom capabilities during P3 launch.

Hopefully they will enhance their software prowess to make it better? Haha

wizardmao

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hopefully that second sensor in the render comes to fruition and it's a ultra wide camera and not a telephoto one.

I'm guessing the zoom feature probably will be enhanced via software and not hardware since they are already able to achieve portrait with a single lens. Doesn't make sense for them to add a telephoto. Furthermore, they did have that feature to enhance zoom capabilities during P3 launch.

Hopefully they will enhance their software prowess to make it better? Haha

I dont care how they do it, hardware or software wise. As a consumer that knows nothing about photography and only know how to point and shoot, I only care about end product, the picture :s13:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.