Samsung Galaxy A80

Jurong640

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No Notch, No punch-hole camera in screen, no headphone jack, no micro sd card expansion, no wireless charging.

Full Infinity Display, pop-up rotating triple cameras

gsmarena_002.jpg

gsmarena_003.jpg

48MP camera with f/2.0
8mp camera ultra wide angle lens 123° field
3D tOF camera sensor

6.7” Super AMOLED screen (1,080 x 2,400px resolution) and an in-display fingerprint reader, 3,700mAh battery, 8GB RAM, 128GB Storage (no expansion).

The Samsung Galaxy A80 will cost €649 and will go on sale starting May 29

Last edited:

Jurong640

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Samsung always like to test tech on mid range before implementing on flagship. Hopefully this is good news for Note10.

Notchless and hopeless display!

Advancer

Master Member
Reaction score
Unlikely the note 10 will have these kind of design. I am sure the phone design has been confirmed or even in production already since its launch is usually in August.

Jurong640

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Unlikely the note 10 will have these kind of design. I am sure the phone design has been confirmed or even in production already since its launch is usually in August.
Most probably. Maybe it's something they wanted to test market if people accept the idea of moving parts. The A80 isn't their first rotating camera phone, I used to own the X600A, it was cool to have rotating camera back then

kyleongwl

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think it's nice that Samsung do interesting hw changes... Their flagship kinda boring (too similar)

I had a couple of moving parts hp (vivo, oppon find x, mi mix 3) before selling (3months after use). Sell off for other hp to experience difference.

The novelty(moving parts) is there... But once wear off, the experience is the full screen.
Play games and media consumption... Shoik shiok.

As Samsung has tone down the UI (esp One UI)... And uses SD730 (8mn tech), just hope to have a gd batt life.

Jurong640

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think it's nice that Samsung do interesting hw changes... Their flagship kinda boring (too similar)

I had a couple of moving parts hp (vivo, oppon find x, mi mix 3) before selling (3months after use). Sell off for other hp to experience difference.

The novelty(moving parts) is there... But once wear off, the experience is the full screen.
Play games and media consumption... Shoik shiok.

As Samsung has tone down the UI (esp One UI)... And uses SD730 (8mn tech), just hope to have a gd batt life.
Any mechanical moving parts isn't great after a long time. Hopefully, something good for Note 10

kyleongwl

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any mechanical moving parts isn't great after a long time. Hopefully, something good for Note 10

I chg phone freq... So moving parts no issue for me :)
On top, moving canera uses for selfie only (minimal use) and phe power button is a Fp sensor which is neat.

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ya. I also don't selfie much. So, twist and turn camera will be hardly activated.

A80 looks good to me. A flat screen, ya! Flat ass screen. No curved. A huge 6.7" and that 730G is built for gaming.

Can't wait to touch the real set comes end of May or early June. :)

Is the A80 the model that will bring me back to use Samsung phone again after my last Samsung phone, namely, the Note 5....

Last edited:

Glariel

Banned
Reaction score
A series is never a flagship
Can play game sure lag won’t be as smooth as flagship

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.