High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
da8sv4n.jpg

finally found my favorite watch.

Last edited:

tictactor

Master Member
Reaction score
Can any watch sexpert points to me where can I change my Hamilton leather watch strap at a reasonable price?

Thanks in advance! :)

DIY - free.

I paid city chain $5 to resize my bracelet, so I wouldn't be surprised if they charged you around that just to remove your strap lol.

Alfie77

Reaction score
Tong Sia told me that if I send my watch (mm300) back to Japan for a thorough check of mechanisms will cost around $700 plus. Actually my bezel got jam but luckily the techs able to solve it for me so no need to send out to Japan as they told me initially. But the point is why so exp to service in Japan? Almost like service a Rolex.

Kyo_kusanagi86

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Phantaci X Rolex Saturday
qsz3Hxsl.jpg

Sent from "Please excuse the brevity and/or typo, as this message was sent from my mobile phone" using GAGT

Kyo_kusanagi86

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Tong Sia told me that if I send my watch (mm300) back to Japan for a thorough check of mechanisms will cost around $700 plus. Actually my bezel got jam but luckily the techs able to solve it for me so no need to send out to Japan as they told me initially. But the point is why so exp to service in Japan? Almost like service a Rolex.
Try Mr Goh , the one stop seiko service man. Unless you are keeping the watch in a long run, service, otherwise sell it off at carousell.

Sent from "Please excuse the brevity and/or typo, as this message was sent from my mobile phone" using GAGT

Kyo_kusanagi86

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
DIY - free.

I paid city chain $5 to resize my bracelet, so I wouldn't be surprised if they charged you around that just to remove your strap lol.
Watch shop resizing fee is from free to $5. Usually for $2 thought. I hope you gotten good service experience from city chain.

Alfie77

Reaction score
Try Mr Goh , the one stop seiko service man. Unless you are keeping the watch in a long run, service, otherwise sell it off at carousell.

Yes, I have go to Mr Goh before that. Told him that my watch bezel needed great effort to turn. He take a look and say it's normal for diving watch. I didn't pursue with him though I know it is a problem cannot be ignore. That's why I go back to TS.

cyrenic

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Firstly, the shipping, insurance and handling.

Secondly, Japan standard of living not cheap. I think if they can handle it in Singapore, it would probably be significantly cheaper.

patryn33

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Normally those watches that are sold on carousell is it out of warranty already? Like omega.

Any watches older than 3 yrs is natural out of warranty.
If u want warranty buy new! Buy used want warranty must go with pre own place to pay for premium.
Buy on carousell just expect no warranty and pay that $500-1k to service to buy the 18mth or 1 year warranty if u really want omega warranty.
Else for a peace of mind ship to 3rd party service place to get it done to get check out and clean, u also get 1yr warranty for their work

keechiu

Reaction score
I see. Saw quite a few piece of beauty on carousel but worry about the maintenance part :s13:

Will consider getting from AD then.

Thanks for your enlightenment. :o

Any watches older than 3 yrs is natural out of warranty.
If u want warranty buy new! Buy used want warranty must go with pre own place to pay for premium.
Buy on carousell just expect no warranty and pay that $500-1k to service to buy the 18mth or 1 year warranty if u really want omega warranty.
Else for a peace of mind ship to 3rd party service place to get it done to get check out and clean, u also get 1yr warranty for their work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.