[Club Discussion]AMD Ryzen Members Club

Ah Ken

Reaction score
Should I clear the CMOS? I remember on the first boot of the PC, the bios page gave a message on that everything had been factory reset. I also just to search online but little info available. May I have to look deeper. Thanks for your help too bro! Update here if you have any. Maybe I should ask CDL too I guess.

SGJoe86

Reaction score
Should I clear the CMOS? I remember on the first boot of the PC, the bios page gave a message on that everything had been factory reset. I also just to search online but little info available. May I have to look deeper. Thanks for your help too bro! Update here if you have any. Maybe I should ask CDL too I guess.
If you're getting stuck in boot loop due memory settings, BIOS reset will put everything back into default and you'll be able to load Windows without issue. From there on you'll have to trial and error again.

Word of advise though, too many BSOD in Windows due memory clocking issues can corrupt your Windows, potentially requiring a reformat.

Ferolare

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
you should have "advance memory settings" under MIT. everything wrt memory settings is under that page

if you cant set memory timing using manual, try...

disabled xmp (not required based on personal experience)
set the desired system memory multiplier
switch to manual timings and then set timings that are "normal" for ddr4-2933

then... go to advance voltage settings and make sure dram voltage is 1.35V

Last edited:

Ah Ken

Reaction score
you should have "advance memory settings" under MIT. everything wrt memory settings is under that page

if you cant set memory timing using manual, try...

disabled xmp (not required based on personal experience)
set the desired system memory multiplier
switch to manual timings and then set timings that are "normal" for ddr4-2933

then... go to advance voltage settings and make sure dram voltage is 1.35V

Bro, I got it solved. I kinda noob haha, changing the values in bios actually uses the + and - keys. Happen I have a Z77 gigabyte board that I saw the key menu. The bios of this board never show anything and so I just test test and got it to change.

I manually set to 3200Mhz with 1.35V. Should I lower the voltage?

Btw the 2400G is using 2GB itself as the bios is set auto. Is it ok to set lower?

Ferolare

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Bro, I got it solved. I kinda noob haha, changing the values in bios actually uses the + and - keys. Happen I have a Z77 gigabyte board that I saw the key menu. The bios of this board never show anything and so I just test test and got it to change.

I manually set to 3200Mhz with 1.35V. Should I lower the voltage?

Btw the 2400G is using 2GB itself as the bios is set auto. Is it ok to set lower?
1.35V for DDR4 is fine

as for the onboard graphics memory, set it to as low as possible (only increase it when application complains about lack of video memory)

ah_khoo

Reaction score
reviving some old ryzen tweaking... :o

index.php

SyraLeo

Master Member
Reaction score
if you get the ram to work, do tell.

my crappy corsair venegance 3200mhz wont even post at 3200mhz.

best i can do is 3060mhz at 1.35v

even if my b450m pro 4 doesnt have it listed, shouldnt a 3200mhz ram be able to work at 3200mhz....

when i upgrade to the Ryzen 3000 series, im gonna get a Geil or G.Skill.

ah_khoo

Reaction score

even if my b450m pro 4 doesnt have it listed, shouldnt a 3200mhz ram be able to work at 3200mhz....

mite wanna check what chip is being used on ya sticks, u can use thaiphoon burner to check:

http://www.softnology.biz/

from experience Hynix AFR/CJR has no problem doing 3200 14-17-17 with stock volt, aka 1.35v for most 3200 rated kit. u mite wanna bump d vSOC a lil @ 3200, but not by too much, 1.05v should be suffice. ;)

i'd say mem tweaking on asrock board is quite friendly, tested their ab350m with gskill trident z 3200 @ 3600, thou they say mem tweaking is easier on dual dim slot mobo but I reckon 3200 ish shouldn't be a problem. :)

index.php

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I couldn't get my old Corsair Vengence rams to run stable at 3000mhz in the past. It keeps randomly crashing unless I drop it to its base clock of 2133mhz. I strongly believe the compatibility is the main issue. The moment I switched to these pair of Klevv memories, it booted smoothly at the rated speed of 3000mhz. In fact, I was still able to reduce the latency to CL14.

SyraLeo

Master Member
Reaction score
mite wanna check what chip is being used on ya sticks, u can use thaiphoon burner to check:

http://www.softnology.biz/

from experience Hynix AFR/CJR has no problem doing 3200 14-17-17 with stock volt, aka 1.35v for most 3200 rated kit. u mite wanna bump d vSOC a lil @ 3200, but not by too much, 1.05v should be suffice. ;)

i'd say mem tweaking on asrock board is quite friendly, tested their ab350m with gskill trident z 3200 @ 3600, thou they say mem tweaking is easier on dual dim slot mobo but I reckon 3200 ish shouldn't be a problem. :)

index.php

already did this. use thaiphoon and ryzen ram calculator.

no go, still refused to post, each time i try to go above 3100mhz, it just beeps the ram error and i have to reset cmos.

anyway, i doubt an extra 140mhz will do much, but my next upgrade for sure i'm avoiding corsair.

SyraLeo

Master Member
Reaction score
based on my own experience, get other 16gb 3200mhz kits.

the price difference isnt that high, i should have paid $15-20 more for a different brand 3200mhz kit.

i told the pc themes uncle "any 3200mhz ram will do", end up with this... :(

Azzizz81

Suspended
Reaction score
based on my own experience, get other 16gb 3200mhz kits.

the price difference isnt that high, i should have paid $15-20 more for a different brand 3200mhz kit.

i told the pc themes uncle "any 3200mhz ram will do", end up with this... :(
With the recent bios updates, I can turn on XMP profile and run the Ram at its stated speed, did u try then out?

Sent from your kar cheng kang using GAGT

KWSW

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just to share, I finally got my rams to run at 2933 and had to bump up the volt. So going to get new rams when the Ryzen 3000 series come out, probably Samsung B-Dies

Edit: mine are Corsair LPX Hynix AFR

Last edited:

manics

Master Member
Reaction score
joining the club with:
ryzen 2700 + Asrock x470 itx
g.skill ddr 3200 2 * 8 gig

did not get 2700x due to its higher TDP. wanted a cool and quiet PC.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.