Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it

• Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mindline.sg has helpful resources for you. More info
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaggy3601

Reaction score
Hi I need advice
I have take loan $400 from one loanshark and he ask me to pay $600 past two week I can't pay the full amount he ask me to pay $200 defer and $100 late payment than I also already paid the amount he ask. I already paid two week total $600 and now this week also he ask me to pay but I don't have money to pay them I was very confused now can I get any advice what to do about this. It's in Singapore thanks

Reaction score
After a week of not receiving SMS advert from UML, today I got one already.

As usual, I screenshot the SMS and attached it to i-witness at Police@SG app and sent in report.

And finally, block number. These UMLs can try me once per number only. Let's see how many simcard they willing to carry.

Come on guys/gal report all these adverts to SPF via I-witness. You can remain anonymous.

Nevermind if SPF will not follow up on it, at least it's recorded and might be useful in future investigations.

We can help the society by doing this. Many of our phone numbers are shared around by these UML.

Then we share their number with Police lor.

Even if today I receive 200 UML adverts, I still report. I purposely don't want to change my number.

C'mon y'all.

Thanks Green! I'm not sure where Iwitness goes to really, I rather file epolice reports cause that seems more official.

Nevertheless, GOOD JOB! every little step is a small step to put them out of biz! I'm still gettings ads on loans and gambling, this is the next thing that must stop!

Last edited:

unluckeyguy

Reaction score
Hi I need advice
I have take loan $400 from one loanshark and he ask me to pay $600 past two week I can't pay the full amount he ask me to pay $200 defer and $100 late payment than I also already paid the amount he ask. I already paid two week total $600 and now this week also he ask me to pay but I don't have money to pay them I was very confused now can I get any advice what to do about this. It's in Singapore thanks

STOP PAYING ,the more you pay the more they will demand . SO STOP PAYING AND REPORT TO POLICE PLEASE

Trustdade

Reaction score
Ya just do that, basically there is nothing much we can do. Only can block n reject call. Remember every UML call will liksly to have a +65 infront. After they cannot find you they will move to ur NOK then office then courier service such as LALAMOVE AND MACDONALD, lastly will be splash paint locking of main gate. By looking at your case likely harrasment will not be lots as they have already earn ur money. So just he firm tell ur nok office about this and stop paying them even they threaten you. Every harrasment n msg just file a report online, no need to scared them.

Ok I will make police report
But now I already blocked his phone number and watsaap also . Is it ok I do that .

Shaggy3601

Reaction score
Ya just do that, basically there is nothing much we can do. Only can block n reject call. Remember every UML call will liksly to have a +65 infront. After they cannot find you they will move to ur NOK then office then courier service such as LALAMOVE AND MACDONALD, lastly will be splash paint locking of main gate. By looking at your case likely harrasment will not be lots as they have already earn ur money. So just he firm tell ur nok office about this and stop paying them even they threaten you. Every harrasment n msg just file a report online, no need to scared them.
Ok bro thanks , but this guy said I just paid my deffer and late charges on bro he said I haven't settled the full payment.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hi I need advice

It's a loan scam and a trap. STOP PAYING, FILE POLICE REPORT.

All the info you need are here. PM if clueless.

FIGHT LOAN SCAMS - http://bit.ly/fightloanscams

Shaggy3601

Reaction score
Dear all, I just created this account to share my story. I am a new victim of these LOAN SCAMS from just past week. Read through many of the messages here and am *SUPER ANGRY* at how so many have been cheated. For all the victims here, we must stand up and stamp out these scammers and crime.

So much harassment is made to the victims and stress created to them and family members, colleagues, workplace. Jobs lost, family lost, friends lost. THIS MUST STOP and victims must unite to make Singapore a safe place and reduce the number of victims to ZERO.

The 2 people I talked to are Chinese Malaysian.

My story:

I was promised a loan of 10k for 5 yrs and only need to pay $200 for 60 times. (LIE)

I was asked to send IC, income statement, next of kin contacts for loan approval (DONT EVER DO THIS) [others have been asked for SINGPASS, DON"T EVER DO THIS]

I was told the loan was all legal and can be done online (LIE)

I was told they will make a test transaction to me and I just need to transfer them back before they send me the actual loan amount (LIE)

I was told after the funds transfer to me, then they will send me the Terms and Conditions of the loan (LIE)

I was told that they have a legit company with legit license and got website (LIE) - I later checked and found they gave name of an "expired" company" not on approved LML list

After the test transaction amount transferred to me, they started to harass me for the money, saying I took the loan already and pressured me to transfer by a certain time, if not I will be in trouble. After that they harass 2 of my next of kin with threatening messages. You will get it from your next of kin.

*** Never even touch any of these people EVER, also stay away from LML if you can. *** These are not money lenders, they are LOAN SCAMMERS. ***

Spoke to Police, Spoke to Credit Association.

Advice given is:

1. File Report ASAP
2. Do not do any transactions
3. Close bank account ASAP
4. Change all phone numbers
5. Block all their numbers (spare yourself the harassment)
6. Brace yourself for any harassment online or offline
7. Call 999 immediately if there any suspicious people seen near your home or office
8. Lastly, DO NOT BE AFRAID. (You are not the first victim and will not be the last)

Victims who want to work together to fight this and to share info - PM me. Will pass on as much info so that they can work. This is our Singapore, let us make it SAFE.

If not, pass info to:

Members of the public are also advised not to work with or assist loan sharks in any way and to call the police at 999 or the X-Ah Long hotline at 1800-924-5664 if they suspect anyone of being involved in illegal loan-sharking activities.

Crime does NOT PAY. (Pls google these news, I can't post links as am too new)

Case 1: Police warn students against loan shark jobs as 109 people arrested in 3-day blitz
Case 2: 'Auntie' loan shark runner arrested by police

Case 3: 118 arrested for suspected loan shark activities after four-day police operation

First-time offenders found guilty of carrying out or assisting in unlicensed moneylending business may be fined between S$30,000 and S$300,000, jailed up to four years and given up to six strokes of the cane.

Those found guilty of acting on behalf of an unlicensed moneylender, committing or attempting acts of harassment may get up to five years' jail, a fine between S$5,000 and S$50,000 and three to six strokes of the cane.

Anyone convicted of providing false contact information to obtain loans from loan sharks may be jailed a maximum of 12 months and those guilty of failing to report a change of address may get a maximum S$5,000 fine, up to five years in jail or both.

Those found guilty of instigating a youth to assist in unlicensed moneylending business or carrying out harassment acts on behalf of loan sharks may be jailed up to nine years, fined between S$6,000 and S$300,000 and given a maximum of 12 strokes of the cane.

Yes bro I just scared course I given my particular and next kin phone number .

Spidie

Reaction score
Then those who never loan at all but got scam. Then will they order Mac and call lalamove. Will they splash paint and set fire ?

Sent from HUAWEI BLA-L29 using GAGT

Mike-2806

Reaction score
Hi I need advice
Once you had pay more then the initial loan amount. The chances of the LS sending runners to your place will significantly reduce coz it is not worth for them spending their resources. If you keep paying them you feeding them and they will keep coming back for more.
Trust me it will never end. U will start to realise on the last payment for your loan.They will become uncontactable and will suddenly reappear telling u that you had late payment.fxxx them...

Shaggy3601

Reaction score
Once you had pay more then the initial loan amount. The chances of the LS sending runners to your place will significantly reduce coz it is not worth for them spending their resources. If you keep paying them you feeding them and they will keep coming back for more.
Trust me it will never end. U will start to realise on the last payment for your loan.They will become uncontactable and will suddenly reappear telling u that you had late payment.fxxx them...

Thanks Mike for your advice bro

sunstarsunset

Reaction score
Cheating is punished with imprisonment of up to one year, or a fine, or both. Aggravated Cheating - is punishable under the Singapore Penal Code Chapter 224, Section 420 with imprisonment for a term of up to 7 years, and the offender is also liable to fine. Imprisonment is mandatory. Remember this bro.

delceer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Then those who never loan at all but got scam. Then will they order Mac and call lalamove. Will they splash paint and set fire ?

Don't enquire loan through Whatsapp and Facebook.
What's the point to borrow $400 then keep paying to them non stop ?
By the way, if really need the money urgently can use Bank Credit card balance transfer facilities.
No need get money from strangers.

delceer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ok bro thanks , but this guy said I just paid my deffer and late charges on bro he said I haven't settled the full payment.

maxresdefault.jpg

Of course they said like that lah.
You look like the above to them.

Reaction score

Can we predict what criminals will do? As long you fear them, they will keep chasing you for $$. Get on with life.

Makminah

Reaction score
Yes bro I just scared course I given my particular and next kin phone number .

Bro, listen to our bro Jleague. They will definitely try to contact yr workplace and NOK. So give them a heads up so they wont be caught off guard when they call once they cant get thru you.
For me I get my NOK to tell them they dont know me and put down the phone. Block their number afterwards on your NOK phone. Dont need to have any extensive conversation with them. Maybe I'm lucky or my LS was lazy but they call them once only and thats it.
Good luck. 💪

Makminah

Reaction score
Don't enquire loan through Whatsapp and Facebook.
What's the point to borrow $400 then keep paying to them non stop ?
By the way, if really need the money urgently can use Bank Credit card balance transfer facilities.
No need get money from strangers.

I think most of them enquire for a bigger loan but was force to take up a 'trail loan'. Hence the $400/$500/$600 was transferred without them approving it. If the public knew how the force loan works, I feel many would not be in this kind of situation.

Makminah

Reaction score

We will never know what this LS are thinking. So better take the necessary precautions. Better be safe than sorry. If you guys read through the thread one lady got sellers from Carousell coming to her workplace everyday claiming to buy things from them. Even a TV from harvey norman was being delivered to her workplace. This is also is a form of harrassment. Some only got virtual threat. Some got love letters, some got mcdelivery, lalamove, some got their neighbours harrassed. All this we will never know. So dont really think or ponder too much on what happened to others. Different people got it differently. The important thing right now is you, yourself need to fight and defend for your own right and safety. How to do it also all depends on what seems inportant to you. I personally didnt close down my bank account, install CCTV or block their numbers. I simply ignore all their calls and texts. And thank god it's almost 4 months since the last contact. Just that up till today, I still receive texts offering loans and bets. I ignore them too.

Be strong, be brave and be safe. The only one who can change the whole situation right now is you and no one else. We are only here to give support and advise, ultimately the rest is in your hands.

Good luck ya 💪

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.