Samsung Galaxy Tab S4

Reaction score
Yeah, dun know what's with Samsung. Want sell premium price but dun give the latest and best specs like their phones.

Note 8 is even higher specs than Tab S4 with 6gb ram. And I do find my Note 9 snapper than my previous Note 8 too.

Partly because the flagship Android tablets are not as well specced as the iPads... while the mid tier ones are downright stingy with their specs... quite an interesting phenomena cos there are plenty of mid tier phones with very respectable specs...

I'm surprised that the Tab S4 isn't as snappy as the Note 9 given that my Note 8 is really very fast and smooth... it's gotten even better with upgrade to Pie...

So happen that new ipad air 2019 is coming to Sg in this week.
Guess that is a sign for me to go for iPad :s13::s22:

fortunecat

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
my tab s4 is like **** now... so lag... feels like a windows 98

Will lag a bit when it idle for long period. After warm up go back to normal. But still feel crappy because Samsung refused to use better specs for this thing

ahboy_ahboy

Reaction score
yah loh... no wonder people all moving to hua wei... sooner or later become nokia or siemens or ericssion hahha

Audiology93

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yah loh... no wonder people all moving to hua wei... sooner or later become nokia or siemens or ericssion hahha
Current Huawei flagship tablet using Kirin 960 which is only equivalent to snapdragon 820/821 so it's also quite cui when compared to the TAB S4 835. I wanted to get the tab S4 to watch Netflix since it's using amoled but in the end I bought the iPad 2018 instead since the A10 is quite comparable to the 835 and it only cost 1/3 of the price and I get similar performance in pubg mobile lol.

Sent from HUAWEI Mate 20 using GAGT

fortunecat

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Cannot compare to Apple to Android la.

iPhone and android phones definitely dun have such a big distance in performance as compared to tablets. Not sure what's the android companies' rationale in underpowering their tablets by so much

laeticia

Reaction score
Current Huawei flagship tablet using Kirin 960 which is only equivalent to snapdragon 820/821 so it's also quite cui when compared to the TAB S4 835. I wanted to get the tab S4 to watch Netflix since it's using amoled but in the end I bought the iPad 2018 instead since the A10 is quite comparable to the 835 and it only cost 1/3 of the price and I get similar performance in pubg mobile lol.

Sent from HUAWEI Mate 20 using GAGT

I like Amoled screens though. Tired of waiting for Samsung to release the S5E so went to look at Ipad air 2019 but I just don't like the resolution of the screen. My Mate 20X looks sharper

htngwilliam

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
iPhone and android phones definitely dun have such a big distance in performance as compared to tablets. Not sure what's the android companies' rationale in underpowering their tablets by so much

I spoke to xiaomi folks before. Actually margin for tablet is no good. Typically phone margin is better. Most android tablet manufacturers are struggling

fortunecat

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I spoke to xiaomi folks before. Actually margin for tablet is no good. Typically phone margin is better. Most android tablet manufacturers are struggling

Yeah, but putting such lacklustre specs, they are like giving up half the battle, making the already bad reputation of android tablets even worse.

kyleongwl

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I like Amoled screens though. Tired of waiting for Samsung to release the S5E so went to look at Ipad air 2019 but I just don't like the resolution of the screen. My Mate 20X looks sharper
S5E is release in Europe already....I guess we have to wait a little

kyleongwl

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yeah, but putting such lacklustre specs, they are like giving up half the battle, making the already bad reputation of android tablets even worse.
Today,tablet user are using for media consumption... Though less interesting spec, they try to make up with other features (speaker, screen blah blah).

The productivity portion, I tried (keyboard)... Exp not as gd as window.

Games... Ipad is better optimised.

lorettatay

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Today,tablet user are using for media consumption... Though less interesting spec, they try to make up with other features (speaker, screen blah blah).

The productivity portion, I tried (keyboard)... Exp not as gd as window.

Games... Ipad is better optimised.
Agreed. I only use my tablet to watch dramas etc. Proper work I do in laptop.

Sent from Samsung Galaxy S10+ PRISM WHITE using GAGT

ahboy_ahboy

Reaction score
recently i saw a video they use Tabs4 teamviewer to windows 10 lol quite ok leh..

Tried to make Tabs4 install modded PS4 remote play but dont have such APK.

Can remote play steam games though.

tkdboi

Master Member
Reaction score
Agreed. I only use my tablet to watch dramas etc. Proper work I do in laptop.

Sent from Samsung Galaxy S10+ PRISM WHITE using GAGT
I use mine with my office VDI for work.

pair with a Bluetooth mouse and with the keyboard cover does well enough for me

Sent from HUAWEI LYA-L29 using GAGT

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.