Forced from cable TV to fibre TV by Starhub

harky

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
i change only after i had install....
cso say promo no change.. the only change is the tv plan.

when i login to the acc, i do see internet plan but i cant see the price.

u may want to call and clarify. I ask if can change from old plan to new passes. cos say yes. but no free internet for 2 yrs.

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
The 2nd entertainment pass free fully redeemed le

No more :(

eric3743

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i change only after i had install....
cso say promo no change.. the only change is the tv plan.

when i login to the acc, i do see internet plan but i cant see the price.

Account won't show if there is discount or free entitlement, if any.

Account will list the services & VAS/items including the actual cost per item, if applicable.

Since yours would be under Hubbing/HomeHub Plus and like mine there is internet plan without any price stated.

The only changes they would make is the under Starhub TV and in the Modify TV subscriptions on the channels & packs stated, if you mean that they have made the necessary changes from old TV plan to new TV Pass.

The only concern is the contract agreement and they would have to email an amendment copy to you if there are changes made.

Billing would not be clear as there are cases errors were discovered in the later part of months, if you have read some complains in their forum.

Just ensure yourself to save copies of statements of whatever being discussed with them.

FYI. They include Fibre Link Access cost in my Account.. saying system error!

harky

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
LOL

dunno. i double cfm and cfm many time with the cso.
he say free lor.

I dont mind they take back the bb since i nv use.. give me free Fibre Link Access also gd.

Account won't show if there is discount or free entitlement, if any.

Account will list the services & VAS/items including the actual cost per item, if applicable.

Since yours would be under Hubbing/HomeHub Plus and like mine there is internet plan without any price stated.

The only changes they would make is the under Starhub TV and in the Modify TV subscriptions on the channels & packs stated, if you mean that they have made the necessary changes from old TV plan to new TV Pass.

The only concern is the contract agreement and they would have to email an amendment copy to you if there are changes made.

Billing would not be clear as there are cases errors were discovered in the later part of months, if you have read some complains in their forum.

Just ensure yourself to save copies of statements of whatever being discussed with them.

FYI. They include Fibre Link Access cost in my Account.. saying system error!

Gametaku

Master Member
Reaction score
Signed up for 2 tv entertainment pass and 2 set top box. Also signed up for 2 year Go streaming box + broadband bundle.

Aizen84

Reaction score
This question must have been answer, sorry if this is a repeated question.

My broadband is My Republic, if i change to fiber TV, is Starhub giving me another router or do i just connect to my existing router\ONT provided by My Republic?:s22:

From the picture in Starhub website, seems to me that i just need to connect to the Optical Network Terminal(ONT). Do i need to configure anything at the router side?

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
This question must have been answer, sorry if this is a repeated question.

My broadband is My Republic, if i change to fiber TV, is Starhub giving me another router or do i just connect to my existing router\ONT provided by My Republic?:s22:

From the picture in Starhub website, seems to me that i just need to connect to the Optical Network Terminal(ONT). Do i need to configure anything at the router side?

Different isp have different device. Just connect cable and nothing much. I just put my other ONT on top of the other ONT.

Halo green

Banned
Reaction score
LOL

dunno. i double cfm and cfm many time with the cso.
he say free lor.

I dont mind they take back the bb since i nv use.. give me free Fibre Link Access also gd.
if dun take their fibre bb, got to pay $15 for the tv right?

Aizen84

Reaction score
Different isp have different device. Just connect cable and nothing much. I just put my other ONT on top of the other ONT.
So there is no way Starhub able to configure the existing ONT to their fibre TV box?

Sent from HUAWEI BLA-L29 using GAGT

eric3743

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So there is no way Starhub able to configure the existing ONT to their fibre TV box?

Each ISP do have its own ONT for their services.

Starhub will provide you their ONT and connection are ONT Port-1 for Internet/Router and ONT Port-2 for Fibre TV STB (Set top box), separately.

Each FTP come with 2 ports for 2 separate ISP(s) for Internet and/or Pay-TV services.

tks

Reaction score
Can we ask the Starhub technician to use our router instead of linkys during installation, or they will use linkysy first then we hv to setup ourselves later ?

The technician is more than happy to use your existing router. Means they don’t need to do any router configuration.

thumbtacked

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I got the SMS from StarHub, but trying to access with ic and postal code says error postal code don't match.

It's at my mum's place de. I did have mobile service billed to my own address, but trying both postal code don't work.

Hmm..

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Yes of course Starhub can configure it. ONT Port 1 for internet and port 2 for TV. However no sharing of ONT between Service provider. Singtel will have their own set of ONT or ONR while M1 also have their own ONT too. I am M1 and Starhub so i have 2 ONT.

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
So anyone tried switching entertainment pass yet? How long does it take?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.