Huawei Matebook X Pro

Dr.Vijay

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Yes, I've good intel that it will be retailing in Singapore in a few months.

Dr.Vijay

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Yes, I've good intel that it will be retailing in Singapore in a few months.

randylol123

Reaction score
Wat type of laptop sleeve are you guys using. I'm thinking about getting the amazonbasics felt case but I scared will be too big.

我的超酷故事

Reaction score
Juz ordered a 2018 version from amazon total damage shud be around 1750ish, was gonna wait awhile to see if the price will drop further but decided against it coz lazy to keep tracking haaha

Same! I got it last week when Amazon price dropped to US$1199. Finally pulled the trigger after tracking price since February.

Hopefully our units will be defects-free. Just hope that I don't need to fix the trackpad / any heat issues.

After contemplating for a long time, 2019 version is really not worth the upgrade, price:feature wise.

randylol123

Reaction score
我的超酷故事;120244506 said:
Same! I got it last week when Amazon price dropped to US$1199. Finally pulled the trigger after tracking price since February.

Hopefully our units will be defects-free. Just hope that I don't need to fix the trackpad / any heat issues.

After contemplating for a long time, 2019 version is really not worth the upgrade, price:feature wise.
Yeah hopefully no defects, btw did Amazon give an estimate on when it'll arrive. Mine they estimate between Monday, April 29 - Thursday, May 2 coz its still back ordered

NMSS_2

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
我的超酷故事;120244506 said:

you can do the mod guide for the heat. I did extra by pasting thermal pads (3mm = too thick) from heatsink to bottom plate which drives down the max load temp to comfortable range (from 90c to 65c).
https://bradshacks.com/matebook-x-pro-throttling/

mdax23

Reaction score
我的超酷故事;120244506 said:

If u receive a faulty set from amazon is it send back to them or bring to msia service centre?

Last edited:

NMSS_2

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
did you find it dif to mod coz I'm thinking of modding as well but I'm afraid I may screw something up

not as daunting as i thought.

But i had to wait for all parts delivered before i did the mod.
- thermal pads (different thickness - gelid GP-Extreme)
- thermal glue (for the shim)
- thermal paste (gelid extreme)
- copper shims (for the heatsink - gpu)
- repair tools kit (you will need t5 hex screw driver for bottom cover plate & mini philip head screw driver for the heatsink)
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B074593RZN/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Just to make sure the screws are separate accordingly to the layout as they are different sizes. two types for the bottom cover plate & three types for the heatsink (excluding fan).

The video should covered the below mentioned.
- After unscrewing the bottom cover plate, run the guitar pick along the sides then the top with the bottom facing up.
- The stickers at the bottom cover should indicate the orientation.
- Lift the bottom cover from the top side by sliding upwards and top direction as there is a catch near the sticker area. Failing to do so might break the catch.

我的超酷故事

Reaction score
not as daunting as i thought.

But i had to wait for all parts delivered before i did the mod.
- thermal pads (different thickness - gelid GP-Extreme)
- thermal glue (for the shim)
- thermal paste (gelid extreme)
- copper shims (for the heatsink - gpu)
- repair tools kit (you will need t5 hex screw driver for bottom cover plate & mini philip head screw driver for the heatsink)
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B074593RZN/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Just to make sure the screws are separate accordingly to the layout as they are different sizes. two types for the bottom cover plate & three types for the heatsink (excluding fan).

The video should covered the below mentioned.
- After unscrewing the bottom cover plate, run the guitar pick along the sides then the top with the bottom facing up.
- The stickers at the bottom cover should indicate the orientation.
- Lift the bottom cover from the top side by sliding upwards and top direction as there is a catch near the sticker area. Failing to do so might break the catch.

Thermal paste/pad fix will void warranty right? I haven't done any thermal fix before but am inclined to do so for this laptop - I'm just lacking experience on this.. Do you think it's easy to screw things up for first timers?

@randy - mine will arrive early next week. Expedited shipping.

For units from Amazon, my guess is warranty claim (if any) is dealt with Amazon or Huawei USA, not Malaysia.

NMSS_2

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
我的超酷故事;120259896 said:
Thermal paste/pad fix will void warranty right? I haven't done any thermal fix before but am inclined to do so for this laptop - I'm just lacking experience on this.. Do you think it's easy to screw things up for first timers?

@randy - mine will arrive early next week. Expedited shipping.

For units from Amazon, my guess is warranty claim (if any) is dealt with Amazon or Huawei USA, not Malaysia.

yes. think huawei US would void it. Very few laptop companies allowed such mods with warranty. I had the laptop for two-three weeks before i did the mod. So it was not giving me problems earlier and i dont expect it to be later as well.

i was not comfortable with the temp as the keyboard get pretty hot to touch (near the screen). Now it is warm when loaded which is fine for me as i have directed the heat toward the bottom cover. I have to lift the back a little for airflow when using it.

I had tons of experience with PCs but it was my first time with laptop. So mileage might differ. Just make sure you have all the equipment before doing the mod.

tutonic

Reaction score
You can just undervolt it using Throttlestop. It helps a bit, I guess? Also, for those who have yet to get theirs, I can't over-emphasize how much I love my Matebook X Pro. My unit is on 8-9 hours a day, 5 days a week, since mid-August. So far, no issues whatsoever. It's really worth every penny spent. Also, it needs mentioning that the dongle thingy that they provide is really solid. Most dongles can get quite hot over extended periods of use, but I haven't encountered anything like that with the included dongle. I have a second display via the dongle using VGA, which is on 8 hours a day as well.

For me, since I do quite a fair bit of programming and simulation, I find that it really helps to get a laptop cooling pad (even more so for the Matebook X Pro since it has a metal chassis). Best $10 spent.

lorettatay

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You can just undervolt it using Throttlestop. It helps a bit, I guess? Also, for those who have yet to get theirs, I can't over-emphasize how much I love my Matebook X Pro. My unit is on 8-9 hours a day, 5 days a week, since mid-August. So far, no issues whatsoever. It's really worth every penny spent. Also, it needs mentioning that the dongle thingy that they provide is really solid. Most dongles can get quite hot over extended periods of use, but I haven't encountered anything like that with the included dongle. I have a second display via the dongle using VGA, which is on 8 hours a day as well.

For me, since I do quite a fair bit of programming and simulation, I find that it really helps to get a laptop cooling pad (even more so for the Matebook X Pro since it has a metal chassis). Best $10 spent.
Dunno why throttlestop has been freezing my x whenever i reboot. Thus i deleted it from x. Strange.

Sent from Samsung Galaxy S10+ PRISM WHITE using GAGT

aqf

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
我的超酷故事;120244506 said:

How to buy from Amazon? Direct? Any GST?

Sent from Sony D6653 using GAGT

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.