Comparison of SIM only plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charlie_Zhan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

i just ported to M1 yesterday, i tested the speedtest and go this result.

is this normal speed ??? seems like my singtel 3G is faster than this.

9R2Op0M.jpg
if compared to starhub, then I don't think look very normal.. even TPG free SIM faster than that.

FoKGuN0.jpg

Sent from Samsung SM-G975F using GAGT

kailee

Reaction score
I am using a Huawei nova 3i and am enjoying the Volte. However because this phone itself is quite laggy, I don't know if its causing my Internet slow, or m1 really slow

lohsenglte

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

i just ported to M1 yesterday, i tested the speedtest and go this result.

is this normal speed ??? seems like my singtel 3G is faster than this.

9R2Op0M.jpg
That's odd, I'm getting much higher speeds than this normally on M1 network.

Sent from Xiaomi MI MIX 2 using GAGT

Charlie_Zhan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
did StarHub just switch from Unlimited Weekend to 80GB?

all along has been,

one weekend day = 10gb.. after 10gb speed will be throttled..

one month = 4 weeks = 8 weekend days = 80gb LTE speed data.

Sent from Samsung SM-G975F using GAGT

lance88

Reaction score
Once you reach the contact us page, they will queue you.

You will see the rough estimated time

The page is like dead but actually its really running. I waited 13mins to have a 3 mins chat before I got cut. My questions was asked but during the answering portion, they say thank you and went dead silent.......

Just ported over, was actually smooth. The only issue is when you want to contact them to change delivery date etc, its almost impossible to contact them. Otherwise, delivery time, port over time is acceptable and on time.

Contact them via the Gomo app is easier. but you need to be a Gomo cust.

the port over cause me downtime from 11pm-2am (normal)

lovejolin

Reaction score
Just to check, anyone tried signing up m1 with safra promo using someone else safra card. Example, I want to sign up for m1 sim only but don’t have safra card. Can I just show my family members card but sign under my name?

Shadowz1984

Reaction score
Just to check, anyone tried signing up m1 with safra promo using someone else safra card. Example, I want to sign up for m1 sim only but don’t have safra card. Can I just show my family members card but sign under my name?
Must be under your name.

Sent from 大帅哥 using GAGT

Jurong640

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Gomo $20 for 20gb is the best plan nao?

It depends, read through their pros and cons. Don't judge the best just by its huge bundled data. Take a good read below. You won't want to take the best just because of huge bundled data, just like OEM

Last edited:

Jurong640

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Care to share directly what is it?

There is alot of limitation on GOMO by Singtel.

No roaming, no Bills (you be charged $20 on every 30days basis), cannot use iMessage if you are using iPhone. No volte.

galaxyuser

Reaction score
But still there's no denying that it can be a useful supplementary SIM when you're in a pinch for data on your main line.

There is alot of limitation on GOMO by Singtel.

No roaming, no Bills (you be charged $20 on every 30days basis), cannot use iMessage if you are using iPhone. No volte.

ikebukuro

Reaction score
I use GOMO too and love it! Good for those who just needs a simple local line with local data

dryteletubby

Reaction score
Apparently both Singtel and starhub outright blocks udp port 53. it just leaves me with M1 and tpg if I want to have a seemless VPN experience.

Starhub network latency is noticeably worse then the other carriers.

Jurong640

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Apparently both Singtel and starhub outright blocks udp port 53. it just leaves me with M1 and tpg if I want to have a seemless VPN experience.

Starhub network latency is noticeably worse then the other carriers.

what happen when udp port 53 blocked?

lohsenglte

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
what happen when udp port 53 blocked?

Many of the free WiFi uses port 53 (DNS) to do the registration/authentication before allowing users to use their service.

Bypassing port 53 will allow the user to not have to log in to use the free WiFi service.

dryteletubby

Reaction score
Many of the free WiFi uses port 53 (DNS) to do the registration/authentication before allowing users to use their service.

Bypassing port 53 will allow the user to not have to log in to use the free WiFi service.
yep. That's the main reason why I host a VPN server on udp port 53.

Alot of free WiFi captive portals want way too much personal information to use its WiFi.

Also not all ISP allows hosting of local servers on certain ports like 53,443 etc I think myrepublic rate limits these ports and starhub outright blocks them. At least for m1 both are open.

hako92

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone signed the m1 no contract sim plan? If port out, the last mth bill will be prorated?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.