Sony Android TV

Status
Not open for further replies.

stryke

Reaction score
Harvey Norman weekend Sony promotion.

65” OLED with acoustic panel $6899 if I remember correctly. Plus free PS4. Went browsing just now at PP while waiting for Wife.

The acoustic panel is amazing. Sounds good and got substantial bass somemore.

First time I see such technology. Amazing.

doran_lum

Reaction score
Harvey Norman weekend Sony promotion.

65” OLED with acoustic panel $6899 if I remember correctly. Plus free PS4. Went browsing just now at PP while waiting for Wife.

The acoustic panel is amazing. Sounds good and got substantial bass somemore.

First time I see such technology. Amazing.
Are u referring to the Master Series ? Z9F model ?

Sent from OnePlus ONEPLUS A3010 using GAGT

Jacky2000

Reaction score
Hi my KD55X9000F has some issue turning on with the remote control or direct from the On switch from the TV.

I can only turn on the TV after repeated try the On button on the remote control. Once its On, it will show the Sony logo and Android logo, seem like it restarted the system.

Is this normal?

86technie

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi my KD55X9000F has some issue turning on with the remote control or direct from the On switch from the TV.

I can only turn on the TV after repeated try the On button on the remote control. Once its On, it will show the Sony logo and Android logo, seem like it restarted the system.

Is this normal?

Fresh start? Take note Android TV startup is like PC, you need to let it startup after you turn on the main power.

If you try to switch it when it is booting up, Sony logo follow by Android will show.
Such TV are not like older Smart TV where you need not wait for it to startup.

Buckbrick

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Fresh start? Take note Android TV startup is like PC, you need to let it startup after you turn on the main power.

If you try to switch it when it is booting up, Sony logo follow by Android will show.

This happened yesterday on mine as well. Normal turning on - even after powering down and turning off mains power - will not show the colourful icons and Android logo. You just press the ON button on the remote and the screen will come on.

Made me wonder if there was some download or updates made.

Jacky2000

Reaction score

Yes, fresh start everytime after a day.

Press Switch On button on remote control, nothing happen, no light indication on the TV, after repeatedly pressing the On button, the TV light indication below the Sony logo lights up, then followed by a fresh start with Sony and Android logo.

After it starts up, I press TV, its fine. Then afterwhich, I off the TV and On the TV, it does not go into the fresh start mode and it work like a normal TV.

Fresh start mode only happens after long period of not using (for example, last night switch off TV at 10pm, this morning at 10am, it will go into fresh start after switch on TV)

Is this normal?

Buckbrick

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
One month on and the X9000F is out of this world. Coming from an older Sony tv, the brightness is on another level. Chose this for the FALD panel and image processor. Even gaming on it on Xbox one content is fantastic.

86technie

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes, fresh start everytime after a day.

Press Switch On button on remote control, nothing happen, no light indication on the TV, after repeatedly pressing the On button, the TV light indication below the Sony logo lights up, then followed by a fresh start with Sony and Android logo.

After it starts up, I press TV, its fine. Then afterwhich, I off the TV and On the TV, it does not go into the fresh start mode and it work like a normal TV.

Fresh start mode only happens after long period of not using (for example, last night switch off TV at 10pm, this morning at 10am, it will go into fresh start after switch on TV)

Is this normal?

Normal to me, you have to give it few min to boot.
Did you off the main power switch in the night?

Jacky2000

Reaction score
Normal to me, you have to give it few min to boot.
Did you off the main power switch in the night?

Really?? I need to press the "ON" button on the remote control a few times, before the light indication below the Sony TV is on..

No, I did not off the main power switch at night

86technie

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Really?? I need to press the "ON" button on the remote control a few times, before the light indication below the Sony TV is on..

No, I did not off the main power switch at night

It can be sleep timer or power saving feature of the TV.
When your TV is inactive at night, it will turn off itself.
Take note if you were to change any of this setting
so next morning you can skip the bootup process.

Your TV lifespan will be shorten, FYI Sony Android TV
when you turn it off it isn't a real switch off.
It just put the TV back into sleep like hybrid sleep.

If you feel what I quote isn't true and suspect your TV is faulty
than give Sony a call.

My TV is X8000E so I also experience almost same thing expect I turn off the main in the night. When it is booting up, occasionally I also need to press the remote few times so it can be on.

derrickgoh

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
One month on and the X9000F is out of this world. Coming from an older Sony tv, the brightness is on another level. Chose this for the FALD panel and image processor. Even gaming on it on Xbox one content is fantastic.
For the price it was going for esp towards the end, the quality is solid. Some may say can’t compare to OLED but firstly its a different technology & secondly the price difference.

Kopi Gao

Reaction score

Noted with thanks! Meaning if OLED is out of my reach (price wise), can consider X9000F? Saw in Sony SG website that X9000F series has 49", 55", 65", 75" and 85"! ... :eek:

Pokémon

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Could anyone share the last price you bought for the 65X9000F in March/April 2019?

Brand new or display set?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.