Greece 14 day itinerary

hahawahaha

Reaction score
Any suggestion guys? Planning on a trip there. Not necessarily Greece only. Can move out and visit elsewhere too

lowzeewee

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Would it be cold maybe during January period?

10 degrees Celcius, plus/minus 3, with generally dry weather. A good jacket and sweater over your top should suffice.

For Greece, you could try to check out Meteora. Could also visit Turkey if time permits. Visited Turkey and Greece for two weeks back in 2015.

hahawahaha

Reaction score
Sounds like a plan. Thanks for the info. Let me research. So that two weeks you covered Greece and turkey? Nowhere else? What's there to do in turkey btw

10 degrees Celcius, plus/minus 3, with generally dry weather. A good jacket and sweater over your top should suffice.

For Greece, you could try to check out Meteora. Could also visit Turkey if time permits. Visited Turkey and Greece for two weeks back in 2015.

lowzeewee

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a plan. Thanks for the info. Let me research. So that two weeks you covered Greece and turkey? Nowhere else? What's there to do in turkey btw

Yup, just those two countries. More than enough to take in, IMHO. Istanbul itself is full of historical sights and great architecture, while there are scenic spots in Cappadocia (hot air balloon place) and Pamukkale, and historical sites at Ephesus and Canakkale. The latter two are better if you have knowledge of Roman and WW1 history respectively.

The food and beer were pretty good and affordable too.

flexicon

Reaction score
Greece in Jan - maybe you can go hiking. It's really lovely. We went Aegina in May (can rent a car from ATH and drive over in a ferry), and had our most romantic trip ever (without intending to)

Turkey wise there are these, and I've highlighted the parts I've actually been to in bold. You can book tix on Obilet, or at least get the schedule from there. And most bus companies will fetch you from their branch office to the bus itself, for free :) :

North East (right of Istanbul):
Rize: Tea growing country and nice mountains
Amasra: Beach - I'm thinking of heading there next year, as a cheap option to Greece
And from there, you can drive into Georgia, and up into Zugdidi/ Svaneti. Georgia is lovely and safe - we just went this year.

North:
Edirne - home to nice mosques and I think lamb innards

Center:
Cappadocia: I thought this was bit of a snooze fest. Other than the wines, the rocks were just, well, rocks.

South:
Mount Ararat - apparently where Noah's ark landed
Theres some other place there with big heads. Mount Nemrut or smth

Southeast (it's safe, if you don't mind the proximity to Syria):
Mardin - this is actually supposed to be a very nice place...
Gaziantep

South West:
Antalya - major beach town that I didn't like, it's like a very dirty Los Angeles
Kas - 3h away from Antalya and amazing wines, beaches, and fish restaurants, and a boat ride away from Greece (Meis / Kastellorizo)
Pamukkale etc (like the previous person before me noted)

guitar123

Reaction score
We were only in Athens for a day (cruise ship stop) and there certainly was quite a lot to see.

On another day, we were in Ephesus. It was quite awesome indeed. The Theatre of Ephesus is mentioned in the Bible (Acts 19:23-41), the theatre was the site of the riot of silversmiths who made figures of pagan idols like Artemis (Diana). A silversmith by the name of Demetrius was named to have rallied fellow silversmiths to his cause. They stirred up the people of Ephesus, who were confused, and all rushed to the theatre. Acts 19:34 records the people in the theatre as chanting "Great is the Artemis (Diana) of Ephesus!"

assiak71

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi need some guidance.

For 14 days greece, any suggested itinerary?
Start with Athens or end with Athens?
Need to decide the main cities/places first and the order.

Athens, santorini, mykonos. Need 1 more place. And which order for these 4 places. Or go for 5? Thanks.

tiff12

Reaction score
Hi need some guidance.

Athens, santorini, mykonos. Need 1 more place. And which order for these 4 places. Or go for 5? Thanks.

At Athens, make 1-night or 2-night side trips to nearby places. Meteora is great! Or 1-day cruise trip to surrounding islands (usually the cruise visit 3 islands)

staythisday

Reaction score
Hi need some guidance.

from my research, it seems you have to be quite selective island you plan to go to; do buffer sufficient time for ferry time and not routes are on daily basis. For me I will be visiting Rhodes, Symi and Kos(likely), then going back to Athens..Still very unclear about Santorini and Mykonos..being to those islands 15 years ago..stunning views but this time...time may not permit us to go.

belgarathc

Reaction score
Just back from Greece. Pleasantly surprised by Santorini which we originally thought would be too touristy. It may be touristy but it is a very scenic island. We enjoyed the hike from Fira to Oia, swimming in the waters at Kamari beach and staying in a cave house. We also visited Athens (free Acropolis entry on some days) and took a side trip to Aegina and Moni Islands. Main goal was of the trip was to hike to Mt Olympus summit which while snow free in summer, was still a good challenge. Need to be careful on the stretch from Skala Peak to Mytikas Peak (2918m). Cozy mountain hut on the mountain at 2100m. We find Greece a wallet friendly country that serves probably the tastiest cuisines in Europe.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.