[Club Discussion]AMD Ryzen Members Club

t258jgn

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Anyone using 4x 16GB 3200mhz ram sticks?

Which model?

Dunnoekun

Reaction score
I having trouble booting up new set-up of Asrock AB350 itx with R5 2600, where can I get a boot kit to upgrade bios? Both are not local set

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I having trouble booting up new set-up of Asrock AB350 itx with R5 2600, where can I get a boot kit to upgrade bios? Both are not local set

Check if Asrock allows BIOS to be flashed over thumbdrive in BIOS, similar to MSI.

stalejive

Banned
Reaction score
Hi guys , i am on asrock b450m pro4 , i am wondering if any of these rams are able to run 3200 on my mobo ?

HX432C16PB3AK2/16

CMW16GX4M2C320016

F4-3200C16D-16GTZR

SkyShroud

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys , i am on asrock b450m pro4 , i am wondering if any of these rams are able to run 3200 on my mobo ?

HX432C16PB3AK2/16

CMW16GX4M2C320016

F4-3200C16D-16GTZR

you can check the ram's website or mb's website

every manufacturer does their own test

though test is just a test, it isn't 100% since rams are not made equal

stalejive

Banned
Reaction score

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have checked asrock website memory QVL list , all the rams that i posted are not listed , so it means there's no way it would work on 3200 is it ??

Based on my experience, the QVL list can be a hit and miss. I previously was running a pair of Corsair Vengence ram which was listed in the QVL and I could not even get it to run stable at anything above the lowest 2133. The situation never improved despite updating BIOS. So I swapped it out with my current Klevv memory (which was not on the QVL list, not sure about now) and it worked right out of the box. In fact I am running it at 3000 CL14 stable.

SkyShroud

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have checked asrock website memory QVL list , all the rams that i posted are not listed , so it means there's no way it would work on 3200 is it ??

u check asrock's but did you check the memory manufacturer's

as mentioned, every manufacturer has their own list

Shutterbox

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
There r cases where memory manufacturers indicate their RAM is supported but the same ram model is not on motherboard site.

I remember patriot put out a list of chipset their memory works on, but hardly any made it to MSI's qvl.

Maybe mobo manufacturers worry ram manufacturers csb

SkyShroud

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
There r cases where memory manufacturers indicate their RAM is supported but the same ram model is not on motherboard site.

I remember patriot put out a list of chipset their memory works on, but hardly any made it to MSI's qvl.

don't think too much
there are way more rams than mb on the market, not economy viable for manufacturers to test all rams

furthermore, being on mb qvl doesn't mean it will always work, afterall rams are not made equal

darkarn

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How's the prices like for current Ryzen models? I heard there are crazy deals in other parts of the world but not sure for Singapore.

Asking cos I thinking whether to just get a "known-stable" 2600 first and then wait until 4000 series

stalejive

Banned
Reaction score
How's the prices like for current Ryzen models? I heard there are crazy deals in other parts of the world but not sure for Singapore.

Asking cos I thinking whether to just get a "known-stable" 2600 first and then wait until 4000 series
newegg, now 2600x at $260 and 2600 at $270.

stalejive

Banned
Reaction score
Based on my experience, the QVL list can be a hit and miss. I previously was running a pair of Corsair Vengence ram which was listed in the QVL and I could not even get it to run stable at anything above the lowest 2133. The situation never improved despite updating BIOS. So I swapped it out with my current Klevv memory (which was not on the QVL list, not sure about now) and it worked right out of the box. In fact I am running it at 3000 CL14 stable.

don't think too much
there are way more rams than mb on the market, not economy viable for manufacturers to test all rams

furthermore, being on mb qvl doesn't mean it will always work, afterall rams are not made equal
thank you all for your replies. appreciate much.

darkarn

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
newegg, now 2600x at $260 and 2600 at $270.

Thanks! It's before GST and shipping though, once all that added up it is on par with SLS pricing :(

I saw Amazon listings that are definitely cheaper than SLS/NewEgg but not sure if how buying from Amazon will affect RMA or not e.t.c.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.