Galaxy Tab A 10.5 2018

mackie8

Reaction score
I played with it in the Samsung shop... it's pretty decent actually... very smooth and fluid... only problem is it's 10.5 inches and so MS Office is not available for free... and it's really expensive at RRP... $600 with LTE...
How much is the ms office for 10.5 model?

Im planning to get this for my mom she needs office and project to tv..

Sent from Samsung SM-G930F using GAGT

willwonks

Reaction score
Good, smooth, just that I brought it too early, SPH offer 2 years Zaobao subcription @$19.90 per mth with this Tab A 10.5” free, or pay $399 upfront, I think its good deal.

Sent from 小米,大屏 using GAGT
just tried to change the wallpaper on my mom's tablet from the zaobao promo and it said the 'Security policy restricts you from changing wallpaper'.

dug out around the settings and realized there is an active Device Administrator app (KC Client) on the tablet, and i can't deactivate it.

under Software information -> Knox Configure (guessing it is what KC stands for), it shows that the tablet is configured for SPH. looks like SPH has admin rights over the tablet.

anyone knows how to deactivate/remove this?

edit: added screenshot of the settings
https://imgur.com/a/CyN7YO6

Last edited:

pinksocks

Reaction score
just tried to change the wallpaper on my mom's tablet from the zaobao promo and it said the 'Security policy restricts you from changing wallpaper'.

dug out around the settings and realized there is an active Device Administrator app (KC Client) on the tablet, and i can't deactivate it.

under Software information -> Knox Configure (guessing it is what KC stands for), it shows that the tablet is configured for SPH. looks like SPH has admin rights over the tablet.

Facing same issue. Damn annoyed leh a bloody COMEX wallpaper in my face.

xonix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How much is the ms office for 10.5 model?

Im planning to get this for my mom she needs office and project to tv..

Sent from Samsung SM-G930F using GAGT

Why not just use free office apps? There are so many on play store. Microsoft own office suite, even Google's office suite is also handy unless you need to run something a little more complicated.

PingJun

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone.

Did anyone subscribe digital newspapers, and at the same time, having this tablet (but tablet not from SPH promotion)?

My tablet S5e will hang whenever I want to read SPH digital newspaper.... Wonder if Tab A also have this problem.

nirV4N4

Reaction score

When you unlock the bootloader, the system will automatically do a factory reset, a clean install without the SPH app & restrictions.

To do this, you have to enable developer options on your tablet. In developer options, enable OEM unlocking & usb debugging.

Install samsung smart switch on your PC and run it. Now connect your tablet to your PC using usb cable.

After you have successfully connected yr tablet to yr pc, disconnect it.

Turn off yr tablet. Press volume up & down at the same time. While doing that reconnect yr tablet to your PC using usb cable. A green screen will appear on your tablet. Follow instructions on the screen to unlock the bootloader.

fizppizboomz

Reaction score
When you unlock the bootloader, the system will automatically do a factory reset, a clean install without the SPH app & restrictions.

To do this, you have to enable developer options on your tablet. In developer options, enable OEM unlocking & usb debugging.

Install samsung smart switch on your PC and run it. Now connect your tablet to your PC using usb cable.

Turn off yr tablet. Press volume up & down at the same time. While doing that reconnect yr tablet to your PC using usb cable. A green screen will appear on your tablet. Follow instructions on the screen to unlock the bootloader.
Hi, when the tablet is unlocked, can it still receive android update from samsung in the future?

Thanks in advance :)

LawrenceGan

Reaction score
Hi, anyone found a way to change the wallpaper on ST Digital Subscription Samsung Tablet A 10.1?? It's plain ridiculous that they are restricting us to change the wallpaper and stuck with the ST wallpaper. We subscribed and paid for the newspaper, but they seem to have a little bit too much control over our tablet. Please advise if you have found a way.

nirV4N4

Reaction score
Did you unlock it?

Aside from getting Samsung updates, does the sph subscription work after that?

Yes I unlock the bootloader using the method on Galaxy Tab A 10.1 2019. SPH subscription works as normal..can receive Samsung updates. Latest software update info is T51XXU3BTFN/T510OLM3BTFN with Android 10.

vvuser

Reaction score
Yes I unlock the bootloader using the method on Galaxy Tab A 10.1 2019. SPH subscription works as normal..can receive Samsung updates. Latest software update info is T51XXU3BTFN/T510OLM3BTFN with Android 10.

Hi. When I press vol up and power. I came to a screen to choose a few item.
Should I should reboot to boot loader or reset to factor reset. ?
The PC shown can’t connect.

Thank you bro.

vvuser

Reaction score

Hi.
After I press vol up and power.
I got a screen to reload the boot loader and others.
Should I choose factory reset ?
The PC seem can’t connect when I choose reload boot loader

Thanks bro.

bramtoco

Reaction score
Hi I have a old Samsung tablet SM-P905 Pro. It is running on Andriod 4.4.2. I have been watching videos from Mediacorp MeWatch previously. After updating the MeWatch app it does not work anymore. Called Mediacorp and they said I must update the Andriod version to atleast ver 5 or above. How do I update the andriod version to ver 5? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Teo Ming Ern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi I have a old Samsung tablet SM-P905 Pro. It is running on Andriod 4.4.2. I have been watching videos from Mediacorp MeWatch previously. After updating the MeWatch app it does not work anymore. Called Mediacorp and they said I must update the Andriod version to atleast ver 5 or above. How do I update the andriod version to ver 5? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

You can't... unless someone develops a ROM that is Android 5 and above... have a look at XDA forums to see if anyone developed such a ROM... but you'll need to know how to flash the new ROM to the tablet...

DCmax1104

Reaction score
Hi.
After I press vol up and power.
I got a screen to reload the boot loader and others.
Should I choose factory reset ?
The PC seem can’t connect when I choose reload boot loader

Thanks bro.

https://carousell.app.link/kv8BRFYtA9
See this link, I think need to factory reset

bramtoco

Reaction score
You can't... unless someone develops a ROM that is Android 5 and above... have a look at XDA forums to see if anyone developed such a ROM... but you'll need to know how to flash the new ROM to the tablet...
Thanks Ming Ern. Looks like I need to get a new tablet now.

lordtarzan

Reaction score
Did you unlock it?

Aside from getting Samsung updates, does the sph subscription work after that?
Samsung updates work normally. SPHtab app is no longer on the device after reset and is not available in Play Store. So you may have to use the ST app for Straits Times. I'm wondering if I could have saved the APK for it somehow before resetting.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.