Desktop Chair Roundup - Ergonomic Chair

badbad2000

Reaction score
Then unwanted no cheap anymore.

From unwanted. The lumber support is $110 more ( I initially thought is part of the chair), change wheel to hard floor caster ($59), add headrest ($215), assembly ($10), delivery ($30). Plus the chair $1799.

finclk82

Reaction score
Buy from lazada. Full set without head rest n standard wheels is $1680. Haven count credit card rebate, lazada rebate n shop back.

Unwanted is almost same price as xtra already

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Buy from lazada. Full set without head rest n standard wheels is $1680. Haven count credit card rebate, lazada rebate n shop back.

Unwanted is almost same price as xtra already

Got link for HM chairs in lazada? Trustable? If wan get those accessories is get separate or from elsewhere?

testerjp

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Think it's global price increase, USA had priced up quite a bit.
Xtra also priced up, now giving small discount but made in China and no hard floor casters option. If you include the add on casters/headrest from unwanted, the price diff will be still quite wide.

Saw the new lazada seller last year but from the photos he showed me on the classic Aerons, don't look new leh. Xtra guys also say Herman Miller stopped making classic Aeron 2 years ago so don't sound right.

Last time there was another selling Aeron at hwz too. Then Mia after 2 years, ppl can't claim warranty. Not sure if it's the same fellow.
:o

testerjp

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Steelcase Think also quite comfortable chair.
jGZEtDi.jpg

Comfy meh?

I've this piece I put in my guest room collect dust for a decade liao. Never sit on it much but still here and there spoilt.

The Lumbar pad always slide out of position until i don't care.

The headrest, as you can see warp liao.

The mesh is like normal polyester weaving, not comfy on the skin. Feel abit cheap.

The tilt tension is cmi, damn loose, no bouncy effects nor much resistence. The tilt mechanism spoilt and repaired before then on off spoilt again, which i no longer bother.

The arm if pulled up, must use mallet to knock it down, always stuck.

The only thing good is the leather seat still preserved rather well, cause I'm using some balm from Hermes to wipe it regularly.

In term of comfort, I think Embody chair is still the most comfy. :o

testerjp

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
That is what it appears to look like but the Embody chair is almost as breathable as Aeron. You don't have to worry about that.

The thing that traps heat in furniture is usually the cheap cushion foam used.

On the Embody there's no foam, the breathable fabric is placed on a webbing for both the seat and the back frame. Heat don't trap on it.

Palaxius

Reaction score
Thanks for the info.

I terms of cleaning and maintenance, both would be the same?

I presume that the embody is more comfortable and ergonomic than aeron.

testerjp

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I used fabric cleaner + vacuum the Embody. Soaped wet cloth + vacuum on the Aeron.

Mine isn't that dirty, just dusty.

I might be able to use the steamer on the Embody to disinfect, but don't think I can do that on the Aeron though. If you have a bed bug infestation one day, and you wish to use heat treatment, then this will matter alot. :o

Nakedtoes

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all, would the HM aeron be better than embody for SG weather? Mesh vs fabric.

U should go marina square to try out both... I wanted to upgrade my aeron to embody last year but I go and try.. Embody is just not as comfortable to me compare with aeron.. One thing I hate is the hand rest spoil very fast and there is totally no support for yr shoulder.

evq

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
U should go marina square to try out both... I wanted to upgrade my aeron to embody last year but I go and try.. Embody is just not as comfortable to me compare with aeron.. One thing I hate is the hand rest spoil very fast and there is totally no support for yr shoulder.

Can share the shop location?

compuser

Master Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Hmm..

The Embody chair was designed by Bill Stumpf, the same person who designed the Aeron Chair decades ago. It was released much later than the Aeron chair with all the new concepts from his later researches. I think that was his last and final design before he died. Why will anyone doubt on his work? :s11:

It was designed to be a "health positive chair". Besides the ergo, it encourages movement for even more blood circulation as recommended by various researches. So the top frame is made narrower by design to allow more movement from the shoulders, so you can sit longer without feeling stiff. They are not trying to scrimp a few bucks to cut two inches.

Ergonomic chairs are supposed to support the back from the spinal and lower back area, not from the shoulder. :s22:
I don't know about you, but I prefer to sit in the embody than the Aeron chair in my office for sure. The only thing bad is the price.

Nakedtoes

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hmm..

The Embody chair was designed by Bill Stumpf, the same person who designed the Aeron Chair decades ago. It was released much later than the Aeron chair with all the new concepts from his later researches. I think that was his last and final design before he died. Why will anyone doubt on his work? :s11:

It was designed to be a "health positive chair". Besides the ergo, it encourages movement for even more blood circulation as recommended by various researches. So the top frame is made narrower by design to allow more movement from the shoulders, so you can sit longer without feeling stiff. They are not trying to scrimp a few bucks to cut two inches.

Ergonomic chairs are supposed to support the back from the spinal and lower back area, not from the shoulder. :s22:
I don't know about you, but I prefer to sit in the embody than the Aeron chair in my office for sure. The only thing bad is the price.

Nobody is doubting.. Everyone got different preferences and body types.best is go and try.. If the Embody is so ******* good it would be the top selling instead of aeron.. No? Lol

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.