Recommendation: Reliable workshops in JB

airxairx

Reaction score
Bought the atf for my Suzuki swift from sg stockist. Think it was around 18/bottle and bought 3. Went to Malaysia to change the atf with labour for a few bucks nia.

AD champion motors charging 200+ just to change atf.

Which stockist? I have trouble locating one for suzuki...

Yunaldo

Reaction score
Hi guys. Which shop to go to for installation of in-car cam. Removing from old car to install at new car.

x3dnd3x

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Prepare to wait. They are always busy...
In SG, deki and install was $80 bucks only.

Why they always busy? Haven't been to this shop yet but sounds like almost everyone say they're very busy.

Either their workmanship really very good, if not is their shop really very small.

YorYor

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Why they always busy? Haven't been to this shop yet but sounds like almost everyone say they're very busy.

Either their workmanship really very good, if not is their shop really very small.
It's a regular shophouse lot, thus max park 3 cars for them to work on at any time. Fees are reasonable but as I've experienced, a speaker wire got loose after a few months. Probably a one-off and I was just unlucky. Major downside is that you generally have to go out of the way to go there, with nothing of interest within walking distance. I suppose for general accessories they are alright.

Reaction score
Anyone can share where to clean fuel injectors in JB?

Looking for those that take out the injectors to diagnose and clean in a machine. Thanks

lasnoblur

Master Member
Reaction score
If your mileage is 110k km, time to change atf fluid but do not flush, might have problems later. If you want AD standard to do this, I recommend you to go to BM JB. They'll be more than happy to service SG plate car.

Went jb for ATF change.

workshop changed T-iv instead of WS for my Altis.

Im so pissed. They say it is okay and ask me to return to change back to WS if im worried.

Now my gearbox is diluted with T-iv (up to 50%). Read through forums and conclusion is both are not compatible and should not be mixed.

I think i will change back to WS, next servicing (5000km) drain and top up WS again. what u guys think?

Last edited:

lasnoblur

Master Member
Reaction score
I say drain it asap.

Which stupid shop is this?

Lian seng service center near ksl.
Boss say is ok.
I spoke to their technician he think is ok too.

I even have to spend money to top up the cost of Toyota WS.
Now I run the risk of damaging gear box. Super pissed.
Please be cautious of this shop. Their prices of their spare parts are marked up too.

koolaid

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
U did the right thing. Quickly get a good workshop to flush it all out. Those lao cheow mechs will know what to do when u tell them the tranny is filled with wrong fluid. Very very troublesome process, but no choice. Then after a few rounds of filling n draining, they will change tranny filter with new gasket n proper atf ws fluid.

Don't mess with the tranny. Always stick to the recommended wtf oil. Toyota atf ws isn't expensive. Rather u spend 50$ than a few thousand to rebuild the tranny. Not to mention a few weeks down time.

My friend kena once. After less than 2 weeks, the tranny died. He scraped his ride.

AL5509

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Boss say is ok.

Please be cautious of this shop. Their prices of their spare parts are marked up too.
None here will recommend workshop(s) along KSL.

myviowner

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Toyota hiace need minor servicing then major servicing in approx 2 mth time.

Need some minor paint work, scratch and dents repair too

Car servicing, bros here goes to Carclick. Find them on FB.

Paint works, goes to BTS or bro can advise please...

myviowner

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Boss say is ok.

NEVER NEVER patronize any workshops along that stretch of road just outside KSL.

Go out of this so call "Singapore Town" if you dont want to be ripped off...:s13::s13:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.