Recommendation: Reliable workshops in JB

x3dnd3x

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
NEVER NEVER patronize any workshops along that stretch of road just outside KSL.

Go out of this so call "Singapore Town" if you dont want to be ripped off...:s13::s13:

I go Ah Wee leh that time. Is only that stretch of accessory workshop that got do certain illegal things one. :s13:

liquidh

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hmm. Very bad. It may be “ok” but certainly not ideal. I mean there’s a reason why Toyota has different type of ATF fluids right?

Lian seng service center near ksl.
Boss say is ok.
I spoke to their technician he think is ok too.

I even have to spend money to top up the cost of Toyota WS.
Now I run the risk of damaging gear box. Super pissed.
Please be cautious of this shop. Their prices of their spare parts are marked up too.

liquidh

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yup. Engine oil can arguably use different types or brands, but transmissions are sensitive.

U did the right thing. Quickly get a good workshop to flush it all out. Those lao cheow mechs will know what to do when u tell them the tranny is filled with wrong fluid. Very very troublesome process, but no choice. Then after a few rounds of filling n draining, they will change tranny filter with new gasket n proper atf ws fluid.

Don't mess with the tranny. Always stick to the recommended wtf oil. Toyota atf ws isn't expensive. Rather u spend 50$ than a few thousand to rebuild the tranny. Not to mention a few weeks down time.

My friend kena once. After less than 2 weeks, the tranny died. He scraped his ride.

SuperSprint

Reaction score
Went CarClick yesterday, only Jospeh around as ah yuan on holiday. Went there for balancing of front 2 Tryes and changed air filter to KNN Filter

10RM only, Joseph also help to topup my coolant.

Seems like CarClick likes to do overhaul jobs for cars.
See many completed overhaul cars park outside his ws nicely.

Spoke to Joseph he say got sg cars also do overhaul works.
Left their car for one week at CarClick before collection.

Left the ws in 30mins as got 2 more JB car came for ah hoc works.

myviowner

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I go Ah Wee leh that time. Is only that stretch of accessory workshop that got do certain illegal things one. :s13:

Good for you....

I was unlucky becos they can even install air con filter wrongly in my bolehland ride... That shop also happened to be the same name which you used before.

Btw, other shops outside this "chop-carrot" zone also can do certain illegal stuffs also lah....

compro_1975

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
any good places for tyre change? looking at michelin primacy 4, heard from my usual contact xm2 no more liao :(

x3dnd3x

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Good for you....

I was unlucky becos they can even install air con filter wrongly in my bolehland ride... That shop also happened to be the same name which you used before.

Btw, other shops outside this "chop-carrot" zone also can do certain illegal stuffs also lah....

True enough. 1 bad thing is their shop freaking hot. The bigger shop, not the one beside the hair saloon one. Hot until i don't know how they tahan one.

koolaid

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks boss. Yea i bought one, next svc interval change ;)

it usually comes in a set - gasket n filter. get a season mech to do it. they will remove the old gasket and use a proper plastic tool to scrap the remains. also clean up the whole pan and magnets to ensure no metal shavings.

filling it up with fresh atf is also tricky, and most mechs will ensure it isn't under or overfilled.

BuGGi3

Master Member
Reaction score
it usually comes in a set - gasket n filter. get a season mech to do it. they will remove the old gasket and use a proper plastic tool to scrap the remains. also clean up the whole pan and magnets to ensure no metal shavings.

filling it up with fresh atf is also tricky, and most mechs will ensure it isn't under or overfilled.

Thanks for the guidance bro! Yea tranny have to be treated with super extra care. I think I also get them to check my ATF cooler hose as well, it's been a while.

koolaid

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the guidance bro! Yea tranny have to be treated with super extra care. I think I also get them to check my ATF cooler hose as well, it's been a while.

Ya good idea. They usually check the undercarriage when the car is lifted up... Some will also take a quick look at the bushings, joints, check for leaks, tire wear n nails, brake pads.. quite standard.

weeza77

Reaction score
Went jb for ATF change.

workshop changed T-iv instead of WS for my Altis.

Im so pissed. They say it is okay and ask me to return to change back to WS if im worried.

Now my gearbox is diluted with T-iv (up to 50%). Read through forums and conclusion is both are not compatible and should not be mixed.

I think i will change back to WS, next servicing (5000km) drain and top up WS again. what u guys think?

No choice now but to do atf flush. Good luck..

flatterylies

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi I’m looking to wrap my new car rooftop , any recommendation for workshop in Jb ? What’s their estimated price range for the roof Top?

airxairx

Reaction score
This guy was spraying his rims black with spray paint in the carpark 2-3 weeks back at our usual parking lots. Just realised there were spots of black paint on car body. Likely the paint spray drifted and land on my car. Haiz.

Bf say nothing I can do, since no proof or camera video etc. Somemore I only realised it now. A cab driver walking pass say paint kana paint cant do much. Will damage the original car paint if try to clean off with paint remover.

Any suggestions here? Damn sua sia...

YorYor

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Try some WD40. I once had a brush with a pillar in my MSCP and it left some of the red paint on the bumper. At some parts where it didn't scratch my actual paintwork, the red paint came off easily.

weeza77

Reaction score
This guy was spraying his rims black with spray paint in the carpark 2-3 weeks back at our usual parking lots. Just realised there were spots of black paint on car body. Likely the paint spray drifted and land on my car. Haiz.

Bf say nothing I can do, since no proof or camera video etc. Somemore I only realised it now. A cab driver walking pass say paint kana paint cant do much. Will damage the original car paint if try to clean off with paint remover.

Any suggestions here? Damn sua sia...

Can try send to WS for polishing.

liquidh

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
WD40 is indeed quite a good idea. Try it. Let the solvent soak for 10mins before rubbing off the surface. Do make sure your car has been thoroughly washed before doing this.

Try some WD40. I once had a brush with a pillar in my MSCP and it left some of the red paint on the bumper. At some parts where it didn't scratch my actual paintwork, the red paint came off easily.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.