NTU/NUS/SMU 2019-2020 Intake

Status
Not open for further replies.

SinglePaul

Reaction score
SMU’s technical skills are far superior than NUS (I would believe so) because the mods provided are really hard core programming. At least in terms of your logical thinking, you’re given a solid ground (granted that you’ve so many prog mods from NUS)

Ultimately, it really boils down on your own choices!

Hahahahaha... 👏👏👏👏👏

Jivetalkinn

Reaction score
It’s a long shot, but asking on behalf of a friend who applied for nursing, has anyone known if anyone screwed up the interview but managed to get in because of high RP or GPA, and if such stories exist for other courses requiring interviews ?

Finalplan

Reaction score
Hi, the interview that i went was a duo interview with another guy with 2 profs. Before you go in you will receive 2 "essay" like questions fr u to ans (random questions) on the paper and notes to discuss later on. The only question they asked me was why NBS? Followed by discussing 1 out of the 2 topic question. You will take turns with your partner to discuss and comment on your respective topic. Overall dont think too much and just be honest and yourself :)! Try to ask some questions to them about NBS if possible! Good luck

What's your existing GPA and course of study? Do you get any reply from NTU yet?

Rockabye

Reaction score
Hi! Is anyone studying in NTU currently? Does it get cold during lectures?
Depends on which LT you are in.
Sometimes if the air-con isn't working, then you can see everyone fanning themselves. But I would think larger LTs would be colder and smaller LTs might be less cold (especially when the air-con isn't working). Anyway, you don't have to go to lectures if it's recorded which is like 70% of the time (I think higher for NBS and SBS).

kimtaev

Reaction score
Sometimes if the air-con isn't working, then you can see everyone fanning themselves. But I would think larger LTs would be colder and smaller LTs might be less cold (especially when the air-con isn't working). Anyway, you don't have to go to lectures if it's recorded which is like 70% of the time (I think higher for NBS and SBS).

I’m more shook over the fact that you said some aircons may not work compared to the “not having to go for lectures”......interesting

Rockabye

Reaction score
I’m more shook over the fact that you said some aircons may not work compared to the “not having to go for lectures”......interesting
I was sure shook to on that one day when the aircon didn't work (thank god I decided to be senseless and wear crop top and shorts when I thought I'm going to an air-conditioned lecture)

But some lectures are really really cold (this lecture theatre near EEE) and I always wear sweatpants when I got that lecture.

Last edited:

robinpoot

Reaction score
Hi has anyone received any offers from NUS science? NUS science is my first choice but i haven't received anything yet. If anyone has received offers from NUS sci, whats yr RP? (im an A lvl student). My RP is 78.75, which is 1.25 short of this yr igp but after the bonus pt from first choice, my RP hit the 10th percentile. Thank you

yoko123

Reaction score
It’s a long shot, but asking on behalf of a friend who applied for nursing, has anyone known if anyone screwed up the interview but managed to get in because of high RP or GPA, and if such stories exist for other courses requiring interviews ?

from what i heard , it is possible.

Rockabye

Reaction score
the wait is so long..
What is ur gpa? I knew my neighbour didn't have a really high GPA (i think 3.5 or less) but she got accepted into sociology after the interview!

Also, there is this person whom was my coursemate's coursemate back in poly and I remembered my coursemate was saying he got 3.5 something (this person got into sociology) - my coursemate telling me it only become he was shocked that like the person could get in NTU (not being offensive but genuinely shocked because he was saying how before that it's really hard to get in uni with gpa below 3.6 and even 3.6 was hard to get into uni last time)

Last edited:

chubbiex

Reaction score
Thank you! Decision comes out 1may so i’ll still have time! But are you accepting LMS??

Currently wait and see.. cos I applied for NUS and Yale NUS too but neither has gotten back. I’ll most likely be accepting LMS though but I just wanna see if I get offered other courses - just so I can weigh my choice carefully :/

Kinda no hope for the other two schools liao I feel haha

chubbiex

Reaction score

Hello! In your experience are there any differences between recorded lectures and being physically present for the lectures? Coming from a poly background, recorded lectures to me means that it’s a set of ppt slides with voiceovers (that are not amazing at times).

glorious94

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hello! In your experience are there any differences between recorded lectures and being physically present for the lectures? Coming from a poly background, recorded lectures to me means that it’s a set of ppt slides with voiceovers (that are not amazing at times).
NBS is seminar style. hardly have any lectures or recorded lectures.

Sent from moi brain using GAGT

woshichaoren98

Reaction score
help me check

School: Singapore Poly(computer Engineering)
Singapore Citizen
CGPA(4th:3.86, currently intern:should be A)
Aim: NUS CS or BIZ, SMU INFO, NTU BIZ or CS
Olevel l2r2:12
A maths (A2)& E maths (A2)
is there any chance i could got early admission or interview? haha just curious:)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Very promising...

School: Singapore Poly(computer Engineering)
Singapore Citizen
CGPA(4th:3.86, currently intern:should be A)
Aim: NUS CS or BIZ, SMU INFO, NTU BIZ or CS
Olevel l2r2:12
A maths (A2)& E maths (A2)
is there any chance i could got early admission or interview? haha just curious:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.