Shuttle trains travelling from Woodlands

tiertime

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i bought the tickets using the desktop PC from easybook website,

i dun have printer to print out, can i just show them my email (from my hp) to board the train ?

fadefade

Reaction score
i bought the tickets using the desktop PC from easybook website,

i dun have printer to print out, can i just show them my email (from my hp) to board the train ?

sharing my 1st time experience,

-you'll have to collect ticket on lvl 1. :eek:(the Q maybe super long)
-show them the page with QR CODE.
-they will scan and pass u a physical tix.
-30 mins before the train depart, the sentry will let you pass.(prepared the ticket on hand)
-the Q at the sentry often goes way down to lvl 1 shelter.:spin:
(super super HOT in the afternoon)
-the walk can be pleasant one or a rush one depends the crowd and the train seat u wan to have.:((the most stand in one of the train cabin.)
-i suggest to scan sing at man manning counter.:s12:
-reverse walk back, to get stamped for mal custom.
-too bad no photo taking(don get caught i guess)
-5 mins to enjoy the scenery!!

tiertime

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
sharing my 1st time experience,

-you'll have to collect ticket on lvl 1. :eek:(the Q maybe super long)
-show them the page with QR CODE.
-they will scan and pass u a physical tix.
-30 mins before the train depart, the sentry will let you pass.(prepared the ticket on hand)
-the Q at the sentry often goes way down to lvl 1 shelter.:spin:
(super super HOT in the afternoon)
-the walk can be pleasant one or a rush one depends the crowd and the train seat u wan to have.:((the most stand in one of the train cabin.)
-i suggest to scan sing at man manning counter.:s12:
-reverse walk back, to get stamped for mal custom.
-too bad no photo taking(don get caught i guess)
-5 mins to enjoy the scenery!!

we were 2 mins late the recept at counter said exceeded time and refused to print for us... :(

Microstar

Master Member
Reaction score
Is the exchanged ticket at L1 in the form of barcode instead of QR?

After obtaining that, we go to L2 and scan at electronic gantry or show to an officer there?

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
we were 2 mins late the recept at counter said exceeded time and refused to print for us... :(

How much earlier before train departure did you get to the counter? Were you late due to a long queue, or did you actually arrive late at the station/counter?

And, you just showed them the e-ticket from your EasyBook PC-booked, no need to print then? To exchange for the physical ticket over at SG side, that is.

tiertime

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How much earlier before train departure did you get to the counter? Were you late due to a long queue, or did you actually arrive late at the station/counter?

And, you just showed them the e-ticket from your EasyBook PC-booked, no need to print then? To exchange for the physical ticket over at SG side, that is.

i booked for 11am ticket, i reached counter at 11.02am, but i think suppose to reach 30 mins before 11am (not too sure)... i even told them the senior citizen suddenly had a bladder problem so we had a bit delay... no use... they dun give chance at all

i manage to get someone print out the ticket for me, but also cannot exchenge as exceeded 2 mins...

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i booked for 11am ticket, i reached counter at 11.02am, but i think suppose to reach 30 mins before 11am (not too sure)... i even told them the senior citizen suddenly had a bladder problem so we had a bit delay... no use... they dun give chance at all

i manage to get someone print out the ticket for me, but also cannot exchenge as exceeded 2 mins...

Thank you. :)

Yeah, boarding starts half an hour before train departure, so better to reach the station earlier than that to factor in the exchange to physical tickets.

I better go get someone to print my email when I receive it then...

Have only taken train from JB>SG with tickets bought from the counter, but I guess the procedure is similar. After getting the tickets, you still need to go through immigration and customs clearance before boarding the train. So if they'd printed the tickets for you at that point of time (which is already past the departure time), then it'd only result in further delay. That is, if I understand you correctly. :)

GenerationX

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
train suppose to leave at 11 and u reach at 11.02am. u are obviously in the wrong lei. Assumming train already left at 11am u wan the train uturn for u meh? i think gate close 15min before it depart. so u are 17min late not 2 min late. i think it was pasted near the buy ticket area.

beanstalk6

Reaction score
I had the opportunity to take the shuttle in both directions over the weekend. The boarding gate opens 30min before train departure time. The trains departed more or less on time. You have to account for time to clear CIQ procedures after entering the boarding gate at both ends prior to boarding- both sets of CIQ at Woodlands for the service to JB, and Malaysian CIQ at JB for your return journey.

FireEmblem

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Closes 15 minutes before train departure. You cannot expect the whole train to wait for u right?

hwsstx

Reaction score

Quote: If you already have your printouts, just go up to the 2nd floor...Unquote.

So no need to get another ticket issued at the KTM Counter if purchase online?

Just showed them the e-ticket from online-booked, no need to print then? To exchange for the physical ticket over at SG side, that is.

Last edited:

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Quote: If you already have your printouts, just go up to the 2nd floor...Unquote.

So no need to get another ticket issued at the KTM Counter if purchase online?

Just showed them the e-ticket from online-booked, no need to print then? To exchange for the physical ticket over at SG side, that is.

This is what I understand, after taking the SG>JB shuttle the other day, and checked with the counter here:

For SG>JB:
- Have to use your e-ticket to change for physical ticket.
- Reason being that over here in SG, they don't have the scanner to use on your e-ticket.
(Note: Don't need to print hard copy of your e-ticket before you go collect your physical ticket. Counter can issue physical ticket just from the QR code on your phone.)

For JB>SG: (As shared by some members here before)
- Just present your e-ticket from your phone when boarding.
- Officer will scan from your phone.
- Don't need to change for physical ticket at the counter.

hwsstx

Reaction score
This is what I understand, after taking the SG>JB shuttle the other day, and checked with the counter here:

For SG>JB:
- Have to use your e-ticket to change for physical ticket.
- Reason being that over here in SG, they don't have the scanner to use on your e-ticket.
(Note: Don't need to print hard copy of your e-ticket before you go collect your physical ticket. Counter can issue physical ticket just from the QR code on your phone.)

For JB>SG: (As shared by some members here before)
- Just present your e-ticket from your phone when boarding.
- Officer will scan from your phone.
- Don't need to change for physical ticket at the counter.

My mobile phone has a cracked line from top to bottom; I wonder QR Code can be read...hahaha.

kiathong

Reaction score
If I want to take the train to JB on a day where the online tickets have been sold out, how early would I have to go to the train station to buy the tickets over the counter?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.