NIE admission anyone? - Part 2

Passionate Teacher

Reaction score
I don’t know man! HR told me to go for a second interview for my 2nd teaching choice subject, I asked if this means my first interview outcome wasn’t successful. At first she said nothing is confirmed as of yet, they just want to see my suitability in teaching both subjects first. But then she said yeah it’s likelt my first interview wasn’t successful? BUT here’s the catch - rhe interview period for me is now in May and I’ll be away so I’ll have to attend during the next interview cycle. Apparently earliest date to enter NIE if successful is now Dec 2020 for me :((

Your earliest NIE intake would be in July 2020 after your stint. Why is it Dec?
What subjects have you applied for?

Mamimo

Reaction score
And I finally got my “offer” letter! Inverted commas because they sent me an email with a salary offer but they also included this disclaimer...

“ It is important to note that your teaching application is still being processed. If your teaching application is successful, you would receive an offer letter from us inviting you for a contract signing session.”

Starting date would be 24th June.

Hope the rest of you waiting out there would get good news soon! It’s been a long wait. Phewwwww.!

Application :Aug- Sept 2018
Interview: 4th oct 2018
Medical : end Jan 2018.
Possible offer: 18th April 2019

Passionate Teacher

Reaction score
And I finally got my “offer” letter! Inverted commas because they sent me an email with a salary offer but they also included this disclaimer...

“ It is important to note that your teaching application is still being processed. If your teaching application is successful, you would receive an offer letter from us inviting you for a contract signing session.”

Hope the rest of you waiting out there would get good news soon! It’s been a long wait. Phewwwww.!

Congrats! Your timeline is pretty long. Mid career or graduating? What subjects you applied for?

hairclip

Reaction score
Opps guessed i mixed it with diped. So there will be an intake this Dec 2019 for PGDE?

The timelines are on the MOE application windows website! The latest application window possible to be considered for Dec 2019 intake was the feb one, whose applicants interviewed in Mar/Apr this year!

Future applicants' earliest NIE intake would be Dec 2020 or later.

Ohgeesh

Reaction score

Congrats Mamimo! I am also Pri Eng&Math. Hope we can be course mates in Dec!

student1995

Reaction score

All the emails always include the disclaimer... ‘if you’re successful’ how will we ever have a peace of mind or know to look at other job offers :(

matyoyo88

Reaction score
status just changed to shortlisted on gov portal. This comes after 7 weeks of waiting since interview. For those still waiting, don’t lose hope !

JSMHONG96

Reaction score
I just checked careers@gov and my status got changed to shortlisted too

My timeline so far
Application: 20th Feb 2019
Email for interview: 14th March 2019
Interview: 8th April 2019
Email checking availability for EPT: 15th April 2019
Shortlisted on careers@gov: 22nd April 2019

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.