My cousin's birthday gift (a gaming pc) and some questions

Daniel SG1981

Reaction score
I'm working with my uncle to get my cousin a surprise birthday present, (a gaming system) that can also edit videos for his upcoming YouTube channel. But I have some questions about warranties / part functionality and overclocking.
Questions :
1. If I purchase the parts from SLS and need to rma a motherboard / graphics card do I bring it to SLS or look for the brand's office in Singapore?
2. Is the warranty still valid if I custom cool the graphics card via custom loop? (for my own rig)
3. I plan to use the ryzen R5 2600 and asus vaga 56 for the build is it advisable for editing? (or do I need a more powerful cpu or gpu)?
4. I was watching some youtube vids about the vega 56 card, it was adviced to undervolt the card if possible, but is it suitable for my cousin's use case?

Build (Knight Rider) - his favorite series
Silverstone RVZ03-Black
Ryzen R5 2600
BeQuiet shadow rock lp 130tdp
Msi B450i gaming plus ac motherboard
Crucial Ballistix Elite 3200mhz cl15 16gb
Asus Strix Vega 56 8gb OC
Adata XPG SX8200 nvme 256gb m.2
Seagate Barracuda 2tb 2.5 inch hdd (storemi)
Corsair SF600 SFX 600w 80 + platinum full modular
Windows 10 - USB.

Please let me know if there are any incompatibility in parts so I'm able to change before purchase.

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No need to create another thread for your needs, can always continue from there. Anyway, to answer your question.

1. After 7 days if need rma, liaise with each distributor for each brand.
2. Warranty by right will not be valid if cooler is removed from gpu in Singapore. Only exception is by EVGA in which they themselves allow but RMA is send back to Taiwan.

Cant comment on Vega56 coz i nvr use.

SkyShroud

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Video editing depends on the software
Some softwares have bad multithreading capability
Normally, the more threads the better for video editing but that is only for good softwares.

Daniel SG1981

Reaction score
No need to create another thread for your needs, can always continue from there. Anyway, to answer your question.

1. After 7 days if need rma, liaise with each distributor for each brand.
2. Warranty by right will not be valid if cooler is removed from gpu in Singapore. Only exception is by EVGA in which they themselves allow but RMA is send back to Taiwan.

Cant comment on Vega56 coz i nvr use.

OK, than

How to liaise with the distributors? By phone or face to face?

narkizy

Reaction score
I'm working with my uncle to get my cousin a surprise birthday present, (a gaming system) that can also edit videos for his upcoming YouTube channel. But I have some questions about warranties / part functionality and overclocking.
Questions :
1. If I purchase the parts from SLS and need to rma a motherboard / graphics card do I bring it to SLS or look for the brand's office in Singapore?
2. Is the warranty still valid if I custom cool the graphics card via custom loop? (for my own rig)
3. I plan to use the ryzen R5 2600 and asus vaga 56 for the build is it advisable for editing? (or do I need a more powerful cpu or gpu)?
4. I was watching some youtube vids about the vega 56 card, it was adviced to undervolt the card if possible, but is it suitable for my cousin's use case?

Silverstone RVZ03-Black
Ryzen R5 2600
Windows 10 - USB.

Please let me know if there are any incompatibility in parts so I'm able to change before purchase.

Vega 56 is a overpriced GPU for that usecase

If just video editing, GPU makes little difference since its more CPU-heavy (you made the right call on an AMD cpu there). You dont need to buy the most powerful gpu out there.

I'd recommend going for a cheaper 1660 or even a GTX 1070 since both are easily capable of gaming at 1080p and performs about the same in video editing with a vega 56.

Last edited:

Rashkae

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Personally I would recommend a bigger M.2 and possibly 32 GB RAM for a RAM cache

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Vega56 is going at S$485 at fuwell now. A GTX1660Ti cost around S$430-S$470.

At this price, i will go for the Vega56 simply because it is a better card over the GTX1660Ti.

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
If purely for gaming, then the vega56 is better than the 1660Ti.

Knightoftheblackrose

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi,

For the NVME, I suggest you consider getting the Intel 660p 2 TB NVME M2.
Cost is currently only USD 200.

I just installed 2 pieces into my laptop .

Now I have a whopping 4 TB of M2 NVME storage on my laptop .

If you motherboard can handle it , install more pieces !

Daniel SG1981

Reaction score
Hi,

For the NVME, I suggest you consider getting the Intel 660p 2 TB NVME M2.
Cost is currently only USD 200.

I just installed 2 pieces into my laptop .

Now I have a whopping 4 TB of M2 NVME storage on my laptop .

If you motherboard can handle it , install more pieces !
lol overkill

Daniel SG1981

Reaction score
I was planning to use the msi b450i gaming plus ac motherboard then I saw the gigabyte b450i Aorus pro wifi

Is the gigabyte board any good? It looks nice.

royfrosty

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Questions :

Silverstone RVZ03-Black
Ryzen R5 2600
Windows 10 - USB.

Q1, if there is a need to rma any products, some shops offer 1 to 1 exchange with all the packaging and receipt still available for first 7 days. Some shop up to 30 days. Some doesn't. Nevertheless the warranty is being backed by local warranty assuming you buy all local stocks. Going back to the distributor would also be another solution if the parts fail. Yes you still need to bring the receipt.

Q2, yes and no. There is no direct answer to this.... However there are a few ways to go about it if you worry about warranty. There are some brands that sells the GPU without the warranty seal on it. The trick is, if you know how to remove it without breaking the seal, you can practically buy any GPU to watercool. But that is provided you do not break anything inside when installing a waterblock. Doing so warranty will be voided.

Q3, what kind of editing are you referring to? Video or photo editing? Photo editing does not really require more cores but rather high capacity Rams and high core clock count. Video editing will depend highly on what kind of video editing are you doing, if you are doing a lot of effects, colour grading and other type of renderings, more core count will be a better choice. Both type of editing doesn't require good GPU. Even an entry GPU works fine for most cases.

Q4, tbh, if you are getting it for your cousin, it is best to go for Nvidia route now. Nvidia seems to have better GPU selection over AMD, with better performance delivered with less power consumption. If you are giving it to your cousin, chances are, does he know how to undervolt? Will you be the one that help him in an event when the GPU fails due to an overclock failure etc?

Your build is fine except the GPU, that price you can buy the rtx2060. Cut the PSU budget by going for a cheaper sfx PSU. Transfer the budget for a better m.2 capacity drive. Minimally 480gb/500gb/512gb. Cause 256gb at his point of time, barely cuts it.

Daniel SG1981

Reaction score
System build update (Knight Rider)

Silverstone RVZ03-B sgd$168.00
Cpu + mb combo sgd $489.00
Ryzen R5 2600
BeQuiet shadow rock lp 130tdp sgd $45.00
Crucial Ballistix Elite 3200mhz cl15 16gb sgd $178.00
PowerColor RX Vega 56 8gb Red Devil sgd $440.00
Adata XPG SX8200 nvme 256gb sgd $85.00
Seagate Barracuda 2tb 2.5 inch hdd sgd $108.00
Corsair SF600 SFX 600w 80+platinum full modular sgd $209.00
Got the price down to sgd $1722.00
There's no way I can get it down to sgd$1500.00

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
There is a way by changing your case to a normal matx type that accepts ATX psu. From there you can get superflower eco silver 500w at $89, a massive $120 savings. or u can consider Inwin A1 case that comes with 600w bronze psu. This seller is selling at $209 which is quite good compared to others. https://www.lazada.sg/softtech-distribution/?langFlag=en&q=All-Products&from=wangpu&pageTypeId=2. Just check if they have stocks.

Ryzen cpu can also get from primenow app (by amazon) or newegg global sg.

For rams, get from newegg.com/global/sg. For RMA, just write in to Gskill USA and they will direct u on how to send back to USA. Only costs <S$10.00 but need check if they will cover the costs of sending back.

2tb sagate barracuda hdd can be gotten at $89 from lazada.

Sadly, u missed lazada birthday sales. I help my friend build a rig at $1700 budget which includes PC components, monitor and speaker. So, $1500 is doable but now is not really the right time due to no discount. So you have to compromise somewhere. Like lower ssd capacity, etc. Do a search on lazada to find better prices.

Last edited:

royfrosty

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
System build update (Knight Rider)

Silverstone RVZ03-B sgd$168.00
Cpu + mb combo sgd $489.00
Ryzen R5 2600
BeQuiet shadow rock lp 130tdp sgd $45.00
Crucial Ballistix Elite 3200mhz cl15 16gb sgd $178.00
PowerColor RX Vega 56 8gb Red Devil sgd $440.00
Adata XPG SX8200 nvme 256gb sgd $85.00
Seagate Barracuda 2tb 2.5 inch hdd sgd $108.00
Corsair SF600 SFX 600w 80+platinum full modular sgd $209.00
Got the price down to sgd $1722.00
There's no way I can get it down to sgd$1500.00

For a $1.5k rig, lower down a few expectations. Rather than just going itx build, go for a normal build size. This gives you more budget to spend on other stuffs. Don't just go for itx build as it is very expensive if you have a fixed budget to work with.

Looks and style have to be put aside and focus on performance per dollar instead.

Msi b450m bazooka + r5 2600 ~ $424
Corsair 3200mhz Vengeance LPX 2*8gb kit ~ $165
SanDisk Ultra 500gb ~ $109
Toshiba 2tb ~ $79
Galax RTX2060 6gb black 1 click ~ $499
Seasonic Focus Plus 650w 80+ Gold ~ $145
Phanteks p300 ~ $95

Total ~ $1516 listed price. I'm sure cash price can hit your budget.

You ain't loosing much, instead of nvme ssd you trade for more capacity but regular SATA ssd. A powerful GPU, more than sufficient and great PSU. You don't need a cooler, not unless you wanna do overclocking on the 2600. If you wanna do so, throw in a cheap Silverstone TD02 240mm liquid cooler at $79.

The pricing should not exceed $1550 in total. If you still wanna keep it at $1500. Reduce the PSU to Superflower leader silver.

Daniel SG1981

Reaction score
There is a way by changing your case to a normal matx type that accepts ATX psu. From there you can get superflower eco silver 500w at $89, a massive $120 savings. or u can consider Inwin A1 case that comes with 600w bronze psu. This seller is selling at $209 which is quite good compared to others. https://www.lazada.sg/softtech-distribution/?langFlag=en&q=All-Products&from=wangpu&pageTypeId=2. Just check if they have stocks.

Ryzen cpu can also get from primenow app (by amazon) or newegg global sg.

For rams, get from newegg.com/global/sg. For RMA, just write in to Gskill USA and they will direct u on how to send back to USA. Only costs <S$10.00 but need check if they will cover the costs of sending back.

2tb sagate barracuda hdd can be gotten at $89 from lazada.

Sadly, u missed lazada birthday sales. I help my friend build a rig at $1700 budget which includes PC components, monitor and speaker. So, $1500 is doable but now is not really the right time due to no discount. So you have to compromise somewhere. Like lower ssd capacity, etc. Do a search on lazada to find better prices.
his dad and I picked the rvz03 because he moves between his mom and dad every month, he may want to bring the pc with him.

SkyShroud

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
mb gotta buy local
gpu gotta buy local

i think the rest can all get from oversea like newegg, amazon, google express
the price tend to be better and they rarely spoil, unless you sibei suay
recently a lot of sales, you can check reddit for it

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.