Mastercard tap in TransitLink

piyozz

Reaction score
Does anyone use the MasterCard in Google pay for mrt/bus? I have encountered this problem of coming out from mrt and immediately boarded a bus but the bus terminal is unable to capture the google pay even though I tried to go into the app to ensure the app is working. Does anyone face the same issue?

demoforce1

Master Member
Reaction score
Does anyone use the MasterCard in Google pay for mrt/bus? I have encountered this problem of coming out from mrt and immediately boarded a bus but the bus terminal is unable to capture the google pay even though I tried to go into the app to ensure the app is working. Does anyone face the same issue?

I am not using google pay, but what app you refer to? simplygo?

hyperbole

Master Member
Reaction score

I encountered before certain bus card readers not able to detect credit card. Both physical and virtual.

ixoral

Reaction score
I have encountered just once, the bus reader couldn’t read my credit card too. So I think we should still have an ezlink in wallet just for standby. Don’t cancel all your ez-Link in a haste

I encountered before certain bus card readers not able to detect credit card. Both physical and virtual.

yoongmy

Reaction score

I always do that and no problem, it seem some bus reader has problems. If one didn't work try another reader.

vsvs24

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I always do that and no problem, it seem some bus reader has problems. If one didn't work try another reader.

I encountered once. Using physical mastercard. The reader further from the bus driver could not read. But the one nearer to the driver works. Hew....

vddgnd

Reaction score
Do I need to deactivate my CEPAS on credit card before I can use Google pay for bus ride?

CEPAS is on the physical card that share with your cc. Need to switch to bank card mode if use physical card but if master card in app (GP, SP, AP) , can directly use, not related to CEPAS. So you still can have your physical card with CEPAS and app with master card SimplyGo.

Last edited:

maumu

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
relax la your trip not even posted yet. the box is still grey. wait for it to turn green first.

i also kena a missing entry $2, 3 days later it resolved itself, didn't even have to file a claim

kns, yesterday kena a 'missing exit' at mrt and charged $2, although not yet posted.

how can the dumb system allow people to leave the station without tapping their card? ridiculous.

hope it'll resolve itself so I don't need to file any claim. first time have bad experience. previously on ez-link no such issues before.

hwmook

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
kns, yesterday kena a 'missing exit' at mrt and charged $2, although not yet posted.

how can the dumb system allow people to leave the station without tapping their card? ridiculous.

hope it'll resolve itself so I don't need to file any claim. first time have bad experience. previously on ez-link no such issues before.

Because you tailgate the person in front of you. To prevent you from tailgating then they have to use the gantry to clamp down on you, do you want that to happen?

hyperbole

Master Member
Reaction score
Because you tailgate the person in front of you. To prevent you from tailgating then they have to use the gantry to clamp down on you, do you want that to happen?

Missing entry / exit doesn't mean tailgating. I kena the missing entry in app when there was no one in front of me at all. It resolved in 3 days and charged correctly.

fr33d0m

Master Member
Reaction score

or you tap exit with another card. one missing entry, one missing exit.

remember which card you use for entry.

Hinana

Reaction score

go to Simplygo and submit a claim

maumu

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

you which eye see me tailgate the person in front of me? pls don't make wild guesses... fyi, I don't tailgate, and not so dumb to tailgate (for what?).

or you tap exit with another card. one missing entry, one missing exit.

remember which card you use for entry.

no I did not. I don't have another card that I use for bus/mrt. in the first place, why would the gantry allow one to use another card to exit? isn't there a buzz sound to alert the person if the wrong card is used for exit?

although I don't know yet the reason, I'll appreciate if people commenting here not make irresponsible assumptions or wild guesses. clearly, i'm not the only one experiencing this 'missing exit' issue as seen by the previous posts.

fr33d0m

Master Member
Reaction score
you which eye see me tailgate the person in front of me? pls don't make wild guesses... fyi, I don't tailgate, and not so dumb to tailgate (for what?).

no I did not. I don't have another card that I use for bus/mrt. in the first place, why would the gantry allow one to use another card to exit? isn't there a buzz sound to alert the person if the wrong card is used for exit?

although I don't know yet the reason, I'll appreciate if people commenting here not make irresponsible assumptions or wild guesses. clearly, i'm not the only one experiencing this 'missing exit' issue as seen by the previous posts.

no more buzz sound for missing entry, at least with MasterCard.

I encountered a few times one card entry and a different exit.

assiak71

Master Member
Reaction score
For Mastercard contactless bank cards, fare charges will be accumulated for up to 5 days or after a total of $15 is spent on transit fares, whichever is earlier.

How to know when is the 5 day period?

NTTDoCoMo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For Mastercard contactless bank cards, fare charges will be accumulated for up to 5 days or after a total of $15 is spent on transit fares, whichever is earlier.

Based on my SimplyGo history.

The Date of New Transaction + 5 Days (after Last Posted Amount in SimplyGo).

Example
- SimplyGo Last Posted Amount is on 12 Apr
- New Ride is Transacted on 14 Apr
- SimplyGo will Post the Total amount between 14 Apr to 18 Apr with the date 18 Apr (assuming less than $15 between this period).

SimplyGo Post Dating will not reflect immediately in bank, so far for me it will take a few days to be reflected.

Last edited:

shm725

Reaction score

Can check on the Simplygo app.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.