[Official] Playstation 4 PS4 club - Part 3

Swordsman

Banned
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
I'm super early in-game. I also die a lot of times at this skippable General Naomori Kawarada. But through experience, you see the pattern and train your reflexes to jump when 危 shows. Weaken his posture at opportunities and finally go for the "red" kill. Then they reward you with items to up stats.

And now I'm stuck at the Chained Ogre. LOL.

That one you can stealth and take out one orb.

Many times I'm not sure if I'm blocking or deflecting.

Chain ogre have to dodge. His grab range is so wide.. Annoying. Also stuck there. Can pause the game and quit the game before dying? Then go back save point and fight him again?

PierceLee

Master Member
Reaction score
hi all, i just bought my ps4 fat version yesterday and is facing some issue.

my ps4 can only play at 480p and will have no signal if i choose 720p and above. is this an issue with my hdmi cable? do i need a high speed hdmi cable?

my tv is sony kd 8500d , 55" 4k. i have tried many different hdmi cable that is running ok with nintendo switch and wii. i have tried different port as well but still stuck with only 480p .

TIA for helping!
What do you mean by "ps4 fat"? Did you just buy a second-hand/used launch ps4 model (the original one, before the "ps4 slim")? Or did you buy a new "PS4 Pro", which is kinda fatter, it looks like having 3 'layers' instead of 2? (btw, Wii doesn't have HDMI output, I suppose you mean Wii U?)

What do you mean by choosing 480p or 720p and above? How and where (which menu option) are you choosing this? Any specific game or in general?

Are you using HDR for your TV? If so you need higher spec HDMI cable, older/lower versions do not support HDR.

shengliang1981

Reaction score
That one you can stealth and take out one orb.

Many times I'm not sure if I'm blocking or deflecting.

Chain ogre have to dodge. His grab range is so wide.. Annoying. Also stuck there. Can pause the game and quit the game before dying? Then go back save point and fight him again?

Try to look for the flame vent prothetic tool at hirata estate first then can use it to stun, will be much easier. Btw cannot save in between boss fights.

Trueblue82

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Mortal Kombat 11 Review
Overall positive reviews with atleast scores in the A/8/9 range.
recommend skillup's review. :)

Carbine90

Reaction score
What do you mean by "ps4 fat"? Did you just buy a second-hand/used launch ps4 model (the original one, before the "ps4 slim")? Or did you buy a new "PS4 Pro", which is kinda fatter, it looks like having 3 'layers' instead of 2? (btw, Wii doesn't have HDMI output, I suppose you mean Wii U?)

What do you mean by choosing 480p or 720p and above? How and where (which menu option) are you choosing this? Any specific game or in general?

Are you using HDR for your TV? If so you need higher spec HDMI cable, older/lower versions do not support HDR.

Hi pierce! I bought a 2nd hand ps4 original, the version before slim.

As for the wii i bought a hdmi adapter for it instead of the tranditional rgb cables.

I am able to boot into safe mode when i connect the ps4 to the tv. The tv shows that it change to 480p. In the safe mode i went to change resolution and tried all, only 480p gives display. 720 and 1080 gives no signal detected after i chosen them.

Im not sure if my tv is using hdr. I went to bought an elecom hdmi cable with 18gbps today at challenger. Sadly it is still the same, only able to boot in normally at 480p.

After changing resolution in safe boot, i went into the main menu of ps4 and change the resolution, also same synptoms. I tried connecting to 2 different computer monitors, even worse no display, not even safe boot.

Really need some help here

PierceLee

Master Member
Reaction score

As for the wii i bought a hdmi adapter for it instead of the tranditional rgb cables.

I am able to boot into safe mode when i connect the ps4 to the tv. The tv shows that it change to 480p. In the safe mode i went to change resolution and tried all, only 480p gives display. 720 and 1080 gives no signal detected after i chosen them.

Im not sure if my tv is using hdr. I went to bought an elecom hdmi cable with 18gbps today at challenger. Sadly it is still the same, only able to boot in normally at 480p.

After changing resolution in safe boot, i went into the main menu of ps4 and change the resolution, also same synptoms. I tried connecting to 2 different computer monitors, even worse no display, not even safe boot.

Why safe mode? You intentionally want to boot into safe mode or you just can't get into the normal PS4 menu?

Are you sure there is a hard disk inside the PS4? Maybe the previous owner took it out. You can check by sliding out the top part of the cover (the glossy one). See here for picture. If there is no HDD, you will need to get one yourself and follow the instructions in the above link. You should contact the seller too if he cheated you by removing the HDD.

If there is a HDD, maybe the previous owner wiped it clean. You can download the PS4 firmware from here. Just follow the steps at the bottom for "Perform a New Installation of the System Software". If that doesn't work, then maybe the set is bricked and the seller cheated you.

AikiBoy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Watched mortal kombat 11... Lol its like x-men day of the future past... Expect mk12

mun_hoe

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

gosh.......end up you bought an elecom HDMI cable but din solve your display problem.....my bad

googled something off the internet not sure if it totally helps you as I have never encountered it before.....good luck

https://www.androidcentral.com/how-fix-your-playstation-4-starting-safe-mode

Last edited:

Spectre007

Master Member
Reaction score

means the hdmi chip gone case liao. bought 2nd hand.......got test at seller's place bo?

Carbine90

Reaction score
Why safe mode? You intentionally want to boot into safe mode or you just can't get into the normal PS4 menu?

Are you sure there is a hard disk inside the PS4? Maybe the previous owner took it out. You can check by sliding out the top part of the cover (the glossy one). See here for picture. If there is no HDD, you will need to get one yourself and follow the instructions in the above link. You should contact the seller too if he cheated you by removing the HDD.

If there is a HDD, maybe the previous owner wiped it clean. You can download the PS4 firmware from here. Just follow the steps at the bottom for "Perform a New Installation of the System Software". If that doesn't work, then maybe the set is bricked and the seller cheated you.

Hi, ya i go into safe mode intentionally to try and change the resolution from there as wad alot of pple have suggested online. Normal boot no issue. Just that its in 480p. Can play fifa normally, installed from a cd hardcopy. Firmware shows 6.51 which is the same as ps website.

Most likely i got cheated la. Bought from carousell. After do cod the guy deleted the listing immediately and mia-ed

Carbine90

Reaction score
gosh.......end up you bought an elecom HDMI cable but din solve your display problem.....my bad

googled something off the internet not sure if it totally helps you as I have never encountered it before.....good luck

https://www.androidcentral.com/how-fix-your-playstation-4-starting-safe-mode

Hey bro no worries, wanted to try buyin the hdmi as well anyway. I have seen most of all the google links and youtube video for this issue liao but to no avail. I was quite surprise that quite a number of pple have this issue being stuck on 480p. They listed their issues but most doesnt have any answers and their thread just died off. Lol

There have been some talk bout the hdcp handshake issue as well. I disable hdcp also still the same tho.

Last edited:

Carbine90

Reaction score
means the hdmi chip gone case liao. bought 2nd hand.......got test at seller's place bo?

Initially i tot is the chip also. I see the port theres no bend or anything at least to the naked eye. But im able to load everything as per normal on 480p,got display means chip shld be ok right?? Or the chip cause it to show only on 480p and other resolution no signal. If need to repair issit cheap? Any recommended place?

Didnt test at seller place. Most likely tio scam liao

PierceLee

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi, ya i go into safe mode intentionally to try and change the resolution from there as wad alot of pple have suggested online. Normal boot no issue. Just that its in 480p. Can play fifa normally, installed from a cd hardcopy. Firmware shows 6.51 which is the same as ps website.

Most likely i got cheated la. Bought from carousell. After do cod the guy deleted the listing immediately and mia-ed
If you boot normally, what are these settings...

Settings > Sound and Screen > Video Output Settings > Resolution
- set to Automatic (it will talk to the TV to see what is supported by the TV)
- are you getting problem if you set this to 720p and higher here (instead of in safe mode)?

Settings > Sound and Screen > Video Output Settings > HDR
- set to off

Settings > Sound and Screen > Video Output Settings > Deep Color Output
- set to off

Settings > Sound and Screen > Video Output Settings > Video Output Information
- this shows the current output resolution

Runez

Master Member
Reaction score

Signal Lost above 480P is hardware issue

WhiteHunter

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyone pre-ordered Days Gone?
tiagong review not so good, embargo lift 1 day b4 game release:eek:

i read some reviews who managed to try. they said its buggy which is why i didn't po it and some quests are repetitive. decided to wait for more reviews on the actual gameplay. later become another fallout 76.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.