View Single Post
Old 23-04-2019, 12:53 AM   #3672
PierceLee
Master Member

Hi pierce! I bought a 2nd hand ps4 original, the version before slim.

As for the wii i bought a hdmi adapter for it instead of the tranditional rgb cables.

I am able to boot into safe mode when i connect the ps4 to the tv. The tv shows that it change to 480p. In the safe mode i went to change resolution and tried all, only 480p gives display. 720 and 1080 gives no signal detected after i chosen them.

Im not sure if my tv is using hdr. I went to bought an elecom hdmi cable with 18gbps today at challenger. Sadly it is still the same, only able to boot in normally at 480p.

After changing resolution in safe boot, i went into the main menu of ps4 and change the resolution, also same synptoms. I tried connecting to 2 different computer monitors, even worse no display, not even safe boot.

Really need some help here
Why safe mode? You intentionally want to boot into safe mode or you just can't get into the normal PS4 menu?

Are you sure there is a hard disk inside the PS4? Maybe the previous owner took it out. You can check by sliding out the top part of the cover (the glossy one). See here for picture. If there is no HDD, you will need to get one yourself and follow the instructions in the above link. You should contact the seller too if he cheated you by removing the HDD.

If there is a HDD, maybe the previous owner wiped it clean. You can download the PS4 firmware from here. Just follow the steps at the bottom for "Perform a New Installation of the System Software". If that doesn't work, then maybe the set is bricked and the seller cheated you.
PierceLee is offline   Reply With Quote