Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it

• Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mindline.sg has helpful resources for you. More info
Status
Not open for further replies.

Makminah

Reaction score
Hi all! I'm a new member here.. Worst thing.. My mum fell into these WhatsApp scam from ls.. In the end I help her to block the number and contacted them myself!! Cannot call de.. Can only WhatsApp.. I spam them like ****.. In the end tio block by him... 🤣

Good job. Thank god that she didnt get into deeper sh*t. Just remember to make a report still. You'll never know what this idiots will do.

Lazychef

Reaction score
Yup.. Did that.. And continue to spam him once I see him online... 🤣 anyway, just to share the number.. It's 83815406 do be aware to those who haven't kana

Good job. Thank god that she didnt get into deeper sh*t. Just remember to make a report still. You'll never know what this idiots will do.

Unlucky_chap

Reaction score
Hahaha mine is 5 figure lo..

I thought i was the only 1 with 5 digits.
I was living in fear previously thinking how the hell am i suppose to pay back 30k worth.

So far i have not receive any harassments since i blocked all of them. Still searching for a job to pay for school.

Hope everyone enjoyed their long weekends.

delceer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Lostmoment

Reaction score
They came to visit.
Left a notice on my front door like the one shown here.
Are they allowed to do so?

https://www.facebook.com/Unity81/photos/a.218098595383658/531333687393479?type=3&sfns=mo
Bro, for my experience I have 3 - 5 company come to visit my house too but none of them do anything rude to my family member.

If you really take loan form money lender just call to the company andmay be you can find the way out.

I understand that some companies won't give you any good choice but you have to face it.

Some of them might be so rude but depends on how much you and how long you deny to pay them too.

My loan just few hundred left but some of them chess me like few thousand but they very polite to my family member so I very appreciate and try my best to send money as much as I can everyday untill can close my loan with them.

Hopefully you will try to call to them first because that only best way to stop them for next visit.

My case, they come every week untill I call them back then they will stop coming.

I know that not gonna be so easy because money not enough to pay at the moment. They will keep asking when when when!

Solutions is, show them that you really and wiling to pay. A bit by a bit sure one day you can clear all.

Good luck.

Lazychef

Reaction score
Yup.. Fully agree with this post. If can, don't be shy.. Call and them tell them.. Or even go down to their office and let arrange with them for the repayment.

Don't ghost them.. Most LML will be more den willing to sit down and plan with you on the repayment BUT it has to be reasonable lah..

Bro, for my experience I have 3 - 5 company come to visit my house too but none of them do anything rude to my family member.

If you really take loan form money lender just call to the company andmay be you can find the way out.

I understand that some companies won't give you any good choice but you have to face it.

Some of them might be so rude but depends on how much you and how long you deny to pay them too.

My loan just few hundred left but some of them chess me like few thousand but they very polite to my family member so I very appreciate and try my best to send money as much as I can everyday untill can close my loan with them.

Hopefully you will try to call to them first because that only best way to stop them for next visit.

My case, they come every week untill I call them back then they will stop coming.

I know that not gonna be so easy because money not enough to pay at the moment. They will keep asking when when when!

Solutions is, show them that you really and wiling to pay. A bit by a bit sure one day you can clear all.

Good luck.

Trustdade

Reaction score
Ya bro we cannot do anything to license debt collector. Call them up and proposed a paying method to them be it 50-100 or what they shld accept. They LL bo bian must accpect, try talk nicely to them if father mother cone out u can stop paying them n file report for harrassment liao. Cheers.

They came to visit.

https://www.facebook.com/Unity81/photos/a.218098595383658/531333687393479?type=3&sfns=mo

Mike-2806

Reaction score
They came to visit.

https://www.facebook.com/Unity81/photos/a.218098595383658/531333687393479? type=3&sfns=mo
Yours is not too bad liao..my one includes my ic with photo and not only they put at my door..they paste at the entire letter box area. Shame me gao
Gao.

Lazychef

Reaction score
Not to brag, these guys called a aircon guy to Come up to fix my aircon, but when I asked them in, they rejected.. (My plan is to lock them in and hoot) this shows how boji they are.. Lolol

Yours is not too bad liao..my one includes my ic with photo and not only they put at my door..they paste at the entire letter box area. Shame me gao
Gao.

Vickigirl

Reaction score
I setup this thread regarding Loanshark harassment. I, myself is not a debtor however to be frank someone in my family does.

I hope to gather more users and people to voice out. The Police are doing a lot to curb this problem. However we must face the fact that this problem had been there for decades. Have faith and trust in our system. It is very hard to eliminate the network, nevertheless if every citizen does their part in cooperating; it is must easier to get to the network.

This is how you can help. If any of your family members owe loan shark money, tell them not to pay up a single cent. Tell them to call the Police Hotline number 1800 225 0000 to transfer you to the relevant department. In which there is a specific department in the West that handle Loan Shark Cases.

In the event that you are the debtor, please refrain from helping the loanshark or fall into their trap to help them in their illegal activities. They will ask you for personal details. E.g. Singpass, ATM card or even ask you to help them distribute brochures or transfer money.

Don’t fall prey to become a target by the loanshark syndicate. In the event that you can’t make payment they will ask you to work for them to pay off your debts. Don’t do it. Owing money doesn’t resort in a death penalty, jail sentence or caning. However if you are debtors turn assistors, the punishment is very severe. You, yourself will in turn from a victim become a criminal.

Under the Moneylenders Act 2010 (Revised Edition), first-time offenders found guilty of carrying on the business as an unlicensed moneylender or assisting in the business of unlicensed moneylending may be fined not less than $30,000 and not more $300,000, be imprisoned for a term not exceeding four years and shall also be liable to be punished with caning not more than six strokes. First time offender found guilty of loanshark harassment shall be punished with imprisonment for a term of up to 5 years, a fine of not less than $5,000 and not more than $50,000, and shall also be liable to caning of not less than 3 and not more than 6 strokes.

You have heard of the saying, 明知道老虎会咬人,你还一直喂他,那就是自寻死路。
If you are a debtor, please don’t blame yourself for what happen. If you are not desperate, you won’t be borrowing from them. Seek your family understanding. Sometime you would feel helpless, you are loss, you always trying to source money to meet payment, the pain and psychological torture is unbearable. But please face the fact; this is never the end of life.

Don’t pay them; it is not against the law not to pay them. They will threaten to report on you and use a lot of threatening message to make you pay or work for them. But come to think of it, when did they show up to receive the payment in person. It is always through Bank Transfer. Ask yourself why.

Learn to understand the situation you are in, accept it. And be true to your family about the money lending matter. Call NPCG for counselling in the event that your family members don’t understand.

The methodology that they used is always to instill fear in their victims. And from the news you would know that many loan shark always are so notorious. But come to think of it, who are the one that are being used by them. Who are the one that are doing the dirty job? The debtors are always the one.
Ask yourself a question, why does the Police always so reactive towards the loan shark? It is because the loan sharks are always under the veil. They used the debtors as smoke screen.

What will happen in the event you don’t pay up?
They will spray paint at your house, disturb your neighbor, disgrace you, humiliate you and shame you. These are the tactics that they used. So how bad can this be? Do you want your life back again? Or do you want to live in a lifetime full of fear. I will be very honest with you. My father had been feeding the tiger for years and finally now, he decide to heel the Police advice and stop paying and cooperate with them.

You are not the only one suffering if you continue to pay. Think about your family for the long term. Do you want them to suffer with you for 10 year, 20 years, worrying about money? Think about it. Do you want to be partner in crime? Or do you want a lifelong happiness with your family. If you really care for your family members, you should know the right thing to do. If you are scares you can always post on the forum or talk to someone regarding the case.

I believe if we unite as one, we can accomplish more. If you are young, bold, adventurous, please feel free to voice out. We can always spend some time to help one another. We can help family by family if we have more manpower. The debtors need people to talk to. The family members need assurance and comfort. We don’t blame other for not helping us, if we are not helping ourselves. We don’t need to resort to violence; we want to build a peaceful community for everyone to live in.

And again, I need more people and more support to discuss matter and also plan to help other out.

Thank you for your time in reading this.

Hi, I just came across your message and am really hoping you can help me. My dad is a compulsive liar who hid his credit cards and ah Long debts from us. We only found out after my mum did a credit search on him and spied on his phone. Dad’s phone is constantly ringing cos of all the calls from ah Long. We asked him to repay one ah Long back and all of a sudden, everyone else started to message and call him. Some of them just anyhow claimed he owes more money without providing proof. He even received calls from unknown numbers claiming he owes them money. Please can you advise us what we should do? We are very afraid that his acts will implicate us (his Wife and his kids). If he only provides his NRIC, will this be traced back to his family? Is it really true that the ah longs are unlikely to physically harm him or us?

Makminah

Reaction score
Hi, I just came across your message and am really hoping you can help me. My dad is a compulsive liar who hid his credit cards and ah Long debts from us. We only found out after my mum did a credit search on him and spied on his phone. Dad’s phone is constantly ringing cos of all the calls from ah Long. We asked him to repay one ah Long back and all of a sudden, everyone else started to message and call him. Some of them just anyhow claimed he owes more money without providing proof. He even received calls from unknown numbers claiming he owes them money. Please can you advise us what we should do? We are very afraid that his acts will implicate us (his Wife and his kids). If he only provides his NRIC, will this be traced back to his family? Is it really true that the ah longs are unlikely to physically harm him or us?

Hi Vicki.
I am really sorry to hear what you went through. It's never easy for the family members as well. The mistake you guys did was paying 1 of them. They are all under the same 'company'. You pay one they rest will get to know about it too. Best thing to do right now is to persuade your dad to make a police report. I am not too sure if you can make on his behalf but you can try. Cut all contacts with them. Dont engage in any for of communications and lay low. Change your dad's hp number of possible. Have any of the LS ever try to contact any of your family members? If yes block them for their hp too. The LS wont dare to harm you physically but they for sure can harm you mentally and emotionally ONLY if you guys allow it to happen. Now is not the time to play them blaming game. You guys need to be there for each other more than ever. Dont be afraid and be brave to fight against them. I'm sure your mum meant well when she asked your dad to pay this LS but once you start paying the cycle wont stop.

I hope you stay strong and brave ya. I pray that your family will be safe and all this will end soon. Goodluck and keep on fighting! 💪💪

Trustdade

Reaction score
Hi vicky,

Dun ever pay any single cent to them, by doing so u are help them to carry on their cycle of loansharking activities. Credit cards debt this wan you have to pay no matter what. Ah long wan jus put a full stop to it. If possible just change his phone num, you can ask him to go and lodge a police report on ah long issue. As for implicating you have to check with your dad if he do provide NOK num to the ah long if yes be prepared to recieved call and massage. Let me tell you what their cycle like, 1) harrassment to the NOK 2) harass his office 3) lalamove or macdobald delivery once they come they will pass u the phone and start scold father mother all come out causing you emotional stress 4) splash paint n lock gate ( depends bo bao all will kena) thats all for what they can do. Meanwhile you may wanna consider installing a camera to keep you home safe. Remember stop paying and report police. Spot any suspicious person dun hasitate to call 999 . Hope you can stay strong on this. Pm me if you need any help. Cheers have a good night.

Jjlin1205

Reaction score

Yr dad number has been circulated in the Al circle maybe good paying record that y all want a piece of him..don't pay for your father...is NVR ending..let him reflect on his own .m

Mike-2806

Reaction score
I believe your dad are facing a difficult situation now and needed you and your family support now. Most of us in this thread had been through this. Honestly for the credit card problem, you can go for DRS. It will allows your dad to pay by installment scheme with minimum interest.
Sad to say, for the uml, usually before the loan the applicant need to provide the nok contact and his workplace contact.
My advice is, if your dad had paid more then the initial loan amount he should stop paying. Because the uml will come up with excuses and ask for more. There are steps to be taken in previous post to tell u what u should do.
Do give your loves one support. This is what they needed to most now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.