[Official] Playstation 4 PS4 club - Part 3

Carbine90

Reaction score
If you boot normally, what are these settings...

Settings > Sound and Screen > Video Output Settings > Resolution
- set to Automatic (it will talk to the TV to see what is supported by the TV)
- are you getting problem if you set this to 720p and higher here (instead of in safe mode)?

Settings > Sound and Screen > Video Output Settings > HDR
- set to off

Settings > Sound and Screen > Video Output Settings > Deep Color Output
- set to off

Settings > Sound and Screen > Video Output Settings > Video Output Information
- this shows the current output resolution

when i set to auto = black screen , must choose 480p.
720p and higher change from ps4 main menu same symptoms as safe boot, black screen (no signal)

i tried setting hdr to off , hdcp to off, deep colour to off, no difference made.
video output shown 720x480 - 60Hz , Colour Format - RGB , HDR - Supported

if possible, post the seller account here for some awareness upzz

shoppingblogggu

Signal Lost above 480P is hardware issue

oh man :( you know around hw much to fix it?

Lemon Porter

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
720p and higher change from ps4 main menu same symptoms as safe boot, black screen (no signal)

i tried setting hdr to off , hdcp to off, deep colour to off, no difference made.

shoppingblogggu

oh man :( you know around hw much to fix it?

That seller have sold quite a few set of ps4.
Did he mention the issue before the deal or when passing to you?

PierceLee

Master Member
Reaction score

You tested with other TV/monitor, especially native 1080p display (instead of 4k)?

Is the PS4 connected directly to the 4K TV, without going through some HDMI switch, HDMI splitter, AV receiver/amplifier, or any set top box?

You said you tried different HDMI input ports on the TV, have you tried one that is not ARC (audio return channel)?

Do you have an Xbox One too? If so, maybe can test PS4 -> Xbox One -> TV (Xbox One has HDMI input).

PierceLee

Master Member
Reaction score
Will try that tonight.

Yes.. That wwe wrestler.

Peoples elbow
Powerbomb
Dropkick

All wwe moves. Lol
I saw this live stream on day 1. They struggled a bit against that boss too. First encounter around 38:50, successful run starts at 48:30. Basically circle the boss, and use fire.

Swordsman

Banned
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
I saw this live stream on day 1. They struggled a bit against that boss too. First encounter around 38:50, successful run starts at 48:30. Basically circle the boss, and use fire.

today just cleared the "wwe wrestler" i always sneak attack once to take out 1 of his life orb.

if got cheese, you just gotta cheese it.

then running around him and slash until his life is low enough for deathblow.

think only mini boss can stealth kill 1 time..

now im stuck at the next mini boss just after the "wwe wrestler"

the next mini boss, what i dislike most is u have to clear out the adds.

Last edited:

shengliang1981

Reaction score
today just cleared the "wwe wrestler" i always sneak attack once to take out 1 of his life orb.

if got cheese, you just gotta cheese it.

then running around him and slash until his life is low enough for deathblow.

think only mini boss can stealth kill 1 time..

now im stuck at the next mini boss just after the "wwe wrestler"

the next mini boss, what i dislike most is u have to clear out the adds.

I think you can save the game by exiting after clearing the adds, make a backup of your save to cloud/usb drive, then reload the save so that you dont need to clear them again if you die.

mliolukiye

Reaction score
That one you can stealth and take out one orb.

Many times I'm not sure if I'm blocking or deflecting.

Chain ogre have to dodge. His grab range is so wide.. Annoying. Also stuck there. Can pause the game and quit the game before dying? Then go back save point and fight him again?

Yeah I always take out 1 orb by stealth first. Deflection success is when you have a bright orange flash but not necessarily can perform deathblow. I'm past the Chained Ogre already (relatively easier compared to others) just time your safety rolls well around him. I try to stay behind him. Killed him within a few tries.

I didn't try quitting but I always replay with the enemies around, practise and sharpen skills. Once you know how to go round them, basically it's around the same procedure to get to the mini boss.

Onto Hirata estate currently.

Last edited:

Swordsman

Banned
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Yeah I always take out 1 orb by stealth first. Deflection success is when you have a bright orange flash but not necessarily can perform deathblow. I'm past the Chained Ogre already (relatively easier compared to others) just time your safety rolls well around him. I try to stay behind him. Killed him within a few tries.

I didn't try quitting but I always replay with the enemies around, practise and sharpen skills. Once you know how to go round them, basically it's around the same procedure to get to the mini boss.

Onto Hirata estate currently.

bright orange flash ?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.