Mastercard tap in TransitLink

maumu

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
kns, yesterday kena a 'missing exit' at mrt and charged $2, although not yet posted.

how can the dumb system allow people to leave the station without tapping their card? ridiculous.

hope it'll resolve itself so I don't need to file any claim. first time have bad experience. previously on ez-link no such issues before.

an update:

not sure if it's because I called in to service hotline yesterday, or it auto-rectify itself, but the 'missing exit' penalty is gone when I view the simplygo app history.

so maybe like one of the bros here, it's the same experience, if u experience 'missing exit', wait for three days to see if it'll auto-fix itself.

for me, it happened on 21 April and today (24 April) the penalty disappeared.

hope it helps.

hyperbole

Master Member
Reaction score
Ya just wait 3 days. I've had a bus ride that didn't appear in the app until 3 days later also. No need to call la. One incident the bus reader could not read my device at exit. I just filed a claim and got the refund just a couple of days later

jackieatbtu

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Citibank promo never mention if we will know if we are first 1000 users to get 50% right? Am I supposed just to try my luck?

joel3694

Reaction score
I'm using my stand chart card and facing 2 issues.
1) did not receive the $10 rebate
2) it takes quite awhile to register when I'm scanning the card.

joel3694

Reaction score
How can it have been a month when this thing only started on 4th Apr?

Please read terms and conditions

Oops. My bad. Was checking since this week's considered the last week so I thought they may just adjust the fare.

lcsvince

Reaction score
1ilp8o.jpg

when tap using google pay, got unrecognised bank card beep on the card reader:s11::s11:

gave up after first attempt.

maumu

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
1ilp8o.jpg

when tap using google pay, got unrecognised bank card beep on the card reader:s11::s11:

gave up after first attempt.

I've not tried using my UOB One Visa although the email I got say I could start to use from 14 April.

Did you try not to use google pay but just tap the card itself? sorry i'm also not google pay user so not sure how it works.

also, depending on your card, not sure if you need to go to the ticketing machine to change the card to "Bank Mode", since:

If your card comes with EZ-Link/NETS FlashPay functionality, please proceed to the nearest General Ticketing Machine (GTM) located at any train station to switch the payment mode of your card to contactless payment by placing it on the card reader and following the onscreen prompts.

My UOB One Visa does not have EZ-Link/NETS FlashPay apparently... so don't need to do so.

Last edited:

hyperbole

Master Member
Reaction score
Visa physical card will work if you have already signed up at the portal. NFC won't work for Visa until further notice.

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i shall try on the card when my cepas ezlink value drop near 0.

No. It does not work that way.
1) simplygo is for mastercard only unless you are selected for trial on visa.
2) If using physical card with cepas wallet need to go GTM machine to switch to bank mode. But if using card via googlepay no need to switch to bank mode. The value in your cepas wallet does not matter.

Which card you using for the simplygo via google pay? You got activate NFP on your phone? Got set googlepay as default app etc.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.