Nintendo Switch Games Discussion

TrueBeliever_jh

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Basically you buy from the website, get a code, then enter the code into Switch to redeem the game. Kinda like buying digital PS4 games from Amazon (btw Sony stopped selling digital games via third party now).

Here's an article with more info:
https://gnn.gamer.com.tw/6/178546.html

香港地區 Nintendo Switch 的數位內容商店雖然從 2018 年 4 月就開始提供,不過當時是透過第三方的 WhatsMall 網站。本次開張的 Nintendo Store 則是任天堂香港官方網站直接提供。不過仍維持網站購買取得兌換序號,再到主機上輸入下載的形式,無法直接在主機上瀏覽與購買。

相較於日美歐等主要市場的完整 Nintendo eShop 服務來說,使用上還是有落差,無法從主機上直接瀏覽與購買。今後是否會逐步改善,仍有待後續觀察。

003da1924eb7ee3f8199f3858314mvx5.JPG
so when i access Shop using my HK account on the Switch... what will i see~? empty store with redeem code option~?

or the HK shop can be accessed from the Switch. just that the website one is not linked~? :s22:
thats the confusing part.

PierceLee

Master Member
Reaction score
so when i access Shop using my HK account on the Switch... what will i see~? empty store with redeem code option~?

or the HK shop can be accessed from the Switch. just that the website one is not linked~? :s22:
thats the confusing part.
I assume so. When accessed from the Switch, the eShop will only show "Enter Code", there is no other tabs like recent releases, coming soon. When you click "Nintendo eShop" on home menu, all you see is this:

img02.jpg

strikefreedom_83

Reaction score
Nice that so many games are coming to the Switch now but the game I'm waiting is SD Gundam G Generation Cross Rays. They didn't announce the release date yet.

Arandalo

Master Member
Reaction score
Quick qn if you bought a game from eShop USA, are you able to buy the DLC from another country's eShop? Will it be compatible?

strikefreedom_83

Reaction score
Quick qn if you bought a game from eShop USA, are you able to buy the DLC from another country's eShop? Will it be compatible?

From what I know it depends on the game. Some games compatible with DLC from other region but some are not. You can check online for the ones that you plan to buy.

Arandalo

Master Member
Reaction score
From what I know it depends on the game. Some games compatible with DLC from other region but some are not. You can check online for the ones that you plan to buy.

Any idea how to check? I'm planning to get overcooked 2 DLC from another country.. I bought the main game from eShop USA

strikefreedom_83

Reaction score
Any idea how to check? I'm planning to get overcooked 2 DLC from another country.. I bought the main game from eShop USA

See whether got any website that shows compatibility or anyone tried and confirmed it works. Not really sure because I never check before.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.