NIE admission anyone? - Part 2

Happiness1234

Reaction score
Hi all. I've been a silent reader of this forum back then when I was applying for the interviews. I'm currently doing my untrained stint in a secondary school(Feb batch) . If you guys have any specific questions you would like to know, you can post it here and I will do my best to address them. All the best for those who are applying, hope to see you in the teaching fraternity someday!

Hi there! May i know exactly when did they inform you the school that you are posted to for teaching stint? Did they inform you through text or email? Thanks!

Happiness1234

Reaction score
And I finally got my “offer” letter! Inverted commas because they sent me an email with a salary offer but they also included this disclaimer...

“ It is important to note that your teaching application is still being processed. If your teaching application is successful, you would receive an offer letter from us inviting you for a contract signing session.”

Starting date would be 24th June.

Hope the rest of you waiting out there would get good news soon! It’s been a long wait. Phewwwww.!

Application :Aug- Sept 2018
Interview: 4th oct 2018
Medical : end Jan 2018.
Possible offer: 18th April 2019

Congrats! We’re starting on the same date! Lets update each other if theres email about school posting etc? Thanks!

Happiness1234

Reaction score
Sure! You’ve gone for your contract signing? Did they say when they will assign the schs?

Went appointment briefing in jan! But i defered my start date to june. They did mention it’ll be nearing to starting date (1-2 weeks before i guess).

poppyave

Reaction score
Thanks poppyave! You’ve started right? How has it been so far?

haha yes i'm currently doing contract teaching! i'm enjoying it so far. taking 19 classes in a week cos i'm doing music! definitely have different challenges from subject teachers. i'm taking up a CCA & am a co-form teacher as well! it's been challenging since i'm just an untrained teacher but i'm comfortable and enjoying picking up the different roles.

having my official lesson observation next month. fingers crossed!!

Ohgeesh

Reaction score
Hi,
Just to share, if anyone wld like to call MOE, this is the number to call 68722220. Press the option for teaching application, HR matters then option to speak to customer service officer and let them know your query (but got to wait for quite long) . I got a call from HR exec this morn and had to confirm w her on smthg, so this is the way I managed to reach her as I know her name.

Sigh, they seem to hv quite a few prob w my docs, maybe coz I hv long work history..think my medical will be delayed...

Callmecherrrrr

Reaction score
Hi,
Just to share, if anyone wld like to call MOE, this is the number to call 68722220. Press the option for teaching application, HR matters then option to speak to customer service officer and let them know your query (but got to wait for quite long) . I got a call from HR exec this morn and had to confirm w her on smthg, so this is the way I managed to reach her as I know her name.

Sigh, they seem to hv quite a few prob w my docs, maybe coz I hv long work history..think my medical will be delayed...

Your status is shortlisted as well? I’m a fresh grad and also have shortlisted status but no medical yet so I’m worried ):

Ohgeesh

Reaction score
Your status is shortlisted as well? I’m a fresh grad and also have shortlisted status but no medical yet so I’m worried ):
Yes, shortlisted. I tried to ask her abt medical but all she wld say still in process, computing offer etc. Anyway, dun be worried, I m sure they are processing our batch now. Many applicants and info for them to process.

matyoyo88

Reaction score
Hi,

Thx for the info ohgeesh! Hang in there ;)

student1995

Reaction score
Hi,

Thanks for the info :))

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.