View Single Post
Old 27-04-2019, 11:30 AM   #2864
WussRedXLi
Great Supremacy Member

Thank you again for your kind and informative reply, this has helped me a lot. Since this is my first time to ever buy an AP, I would probably start by just buying one Xiaomi 2S (my apartment here in HK is extremely small, total size of entire apartment is only approx. 25 m2.)

You are correct that you can get cheaper prices on HK online sites. There is a popular shopping comparison website price.com.hk The price of HKD $1,099 is for the “official” Hong Kong stock. Another option would be to buy a parallel import (水货), which sells for approx. HKD $800.

Today I have been doing some more research about the Xiaomi 2S, there are two points I am concerned about:

1) During the video 「FView 出品」空气净化器横评(测试篇)the guy states that for Xiaomi it is NOT possible to separate the outer layer primary filter (used for filtering out dust, hair and large particles.) from the inner HEPA filters. Therefore, the only way to remove dust from the outer filter is by scrubbing it off.

I am concerned about this because I believe it is better to be able to remove the outer layer primary filter and wash with water to remove all the dust? I saw on reviews of other APs (such as Coway and Bluair) that users remove the outer filters and wash them with water.

2) I saw a website [ smartairfilters.com/en/blog/xiaomi-auto-mode-leaves-air-unsafe-86-hours/ ] which claims that for Xiaomi AP it is only possible to use manual speed for 3 hours, and that after 3 hours the AP will automatically go back to Auto mode. However there are also some comments there is a “workaround” to fix this, so maybe this isn’t an issue?
(1) The prefilter can be cleaned by vacuuming. I am sure you have cleaned your aircon prefilters with vacuum before. Very little difference vs washing, in the context of the air purifier.
I have a Mfresh M8088A that has a filter construction that is the same as the Xiaomi (ie cylindrical filter with prefilter built into the cylindrical filter, just that the Mfresh is a bigger filter. I also vacuum my Sharp and Samsung AP prefilters, though sometimes i do wash that.

(2) Yes, if that ever happens, just set timed programs. Seems like Lucky177 does not get it with his XM Pro.

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/108...mment-13816765

Second is the Manual Mode if set above ~50% fan speed will revert to Auto Mode after 3 hour - basically shutting itself off... My guess this is to reduce motor wear and filter usage...

But you can easily work around this problem by setting up a timer setting to reset the unit prevent the 3 hour mode change from Manual to Auto... Just add automation rules that turns the unit off & on every 2.5 hours and the purifier will stay in manual mode for the whole programmed time...

Last edited by WussRedXLi; 27-04-2019 at 11:33 AM..
WussRedXLi is offline   Reply With Quote