NIE admission anyone? - Part 2

pinkorange01

Reaction score
Your status is shortlisted as well? I’m a fresh grad and also have shortlisted status but no medical yet so I’m worried ):

me too, went for interview on 12th march, status changed to shortlisted and no medical. I got a call asking me to chnge my subject combi.i agreed and asked the manner in which they wld update my application. She said an update wld be provided by early june(cant rmb the date) if there is an offer. T_T All the best 💛

Callmecherrrrr

Reaction score
me too, went for interview on 12th march, status changed to shortlisted and no medical. I got a call asking me to chnge my subject combi.i agreed and asked the manner in which they wld update my application. She said an update wld be provided by early june(cant rmb the date) if there is an offer. T_T All the best 💛

Yea hopefully shortlisted means we are going to get in eventually. All the best too!

Ohgeesh

Reaction score
Hi may I know that does moe usually allow deferment? Like postpone to next batch
Hi Laneyy, I am contemplating to defer as well due to family matters. I hv sought the advice of a forummer here.(hope it's OK I share here). The person informed MOE once he/she received the offer and was allowed the deferment. There r ppl whose deferment were not approved as they informed MOE too late. Hope this helps.

Will update here if I do ask for deferment later.

Last edited:

90boat

Reaction score
Hi there! May i know exactly when did they inform you the school that you are posted to for teaching stint? Did they inform you through text or email? Thanks!

You will receive an email approximately 1 week before your start date. Once you receive the email , you are expected to give the school a call. The letter will ask you to call the principal but usually wheres someone else who will handle your induction (e.g a senior teacher or the HOD). The school will be pre informed of your posting so they will know as well.

Laneyy

Reaction score
Hi Laneyy, I am contemplating to defer as well due to family matters. I hv sought the advice of a forummer here.(hope it's OK I share here). The person informed MOE once he/she received the offer and was allowed the deferment. There r ppl whose deferment were not approved as they informed MOE too late. Hope this helps.

Will update here if I do ask for deferment later.

Hiiii omg thanks for sharing! Mine is cuz of the notice period with current company..as moe takes very long to process and I have to inform my company earlier if I were to resign or sth. However it seems tt they are processing the previous batch offers now..Idk how long the process will take..and dk if I would get the offer eventually😪

student1995

Reaction score
I think I’m in the same predicament as you. Asked to consider changing subject and I said yes, so have to attend another interview. You? I think will be processed in the next window

pinkorange01

Reaction score
I think I’m in the same predicament as you. Asked to consider changing subject and I said yes, so have to attend another interview. You? I think will be processed in the next window
Hello! in my case the hr person didnt ask for my availabiity for another interview, she just called to ask if im agreeable to the subject change..My first choice was pri eng and math but they asked if im willing to take up pri eng and ss instead. Hm, it could be because they didnt request for a change in the first subject I applied for so they don't see the point in interviewing me for the first subject again... is ur subject change for the first subject choice? all the bestttt 😃

Last edited:

mayain

Reaction score
Hi! Does anyone know if an individual is allowed a deferment for their contract teaching if they’re expected to re-sit for another semester? Just curious abt this situation since I’m a final year student and I’m paranoid as heck haha

lostinmajesty

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone else has gotten any update or medical checkup letter? It's my 7th week of radio silence. :slant:

Ohgeesh

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone else has gotten any update or medical checkup letter? It's my 7th week of radio silence. :slant:
I have another call from them this morning regarding my cpf stts again. She mentioned it's s for salary computation. Hope my case is not holding everyone up! That's all I hv got so far but I guess we can be quite assured they are working on the offers right now.

alykeniam

Reaction score
i'm in a similar position as many of you. went for interview in march, got a call regarding a change in subjects, received EPT email but not required to go for EPT, saw status changed to shortlisted and then silence. saw that the status changed back to in progress and now i'm worried...

jacktheline

Reaction score
i'm in a similar position as many of you. went for interview in march, got a call regarding a change in subjects, received EPT email but not required to go for EPT, saw status changed to shortlisted and then silence. saw that the status changed back to in progress and now i'm worried...
Me too! Just to share my timeline with you.
8th March 2019: Went for the interview (2nd Choice)
28th March 2019: Received email about EPT but not required to go.
Early April, my application status became shortlisted.
Subsequently, I received two calls from MOE:
1st call (9th April) asking me if I am keen in teaching my first choice and I said yes.
2nd call (18th April) asking me what subject did I teach during my teaching internship with MOE.
Some time in April (I forgot when was it), my application changed from Shortlisted to In Progress.
But I am guessing no news means good news. :)

matyoyo88

Reaction score
Just received email to do medical by 13th May. Hopefully it’s an indication that they are starting to send out the emails, hang in there everyone !

matyoyo88

Reaction score
How is your timeline like? I’m still waiting for the medical email and the wait is scary!

Application : Feb ‘19
Interview: 5th March
Shortlisted: 22nd April
Medical : 2nd May

Mid career change, pri English & Math. Fingers crossed for the rest of you , no news is still a good sign :) They should be processing the March interview intake now

Passionate Teacher

Reaction score
I went for interview in April and got my medical email today too.
It's more of urgency of teachers for a particular subject than when u went for interview I guess.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.