Forced from cable TV to fibre TV by Starhub

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
To be honest, we got no choice. You buy a $1000-2000 uhd TV, don't want to subscribe then watch what? No content also suck thumb

No choice, choice. The sad thing is Starhub do not even want to do 4k UHD Tv Contents. Waste our UHD features on our TV.

nomoreliaola

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Check with you ah... Those who return the box to SH... how does the RGB cable look like?? I feeling I lost it and they asking for it

Sent from Google PIXEL 2 using GAGT

Ottoke

Reaction score
Does anyone have a pic of how a EOCC device looks like?

Just recon my TV, the guy advised me to use EOCC connection as my fibre point is far away from my TV

Ottoke

Reaction score
No choice, choice. The sad thing is Starhub do not even want to do 4k UHD Tv Contents. Waste our UHD features on our TV.

I don't think we are ready for 4K UHD content yet

Or maybe we have, but some contents downgraded to HD during post production because we don't have any 4K channels

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I don't think we are ready for 4K UHD content yet

Or maybe we have, but some contents downgraded to HD during post production because we don't have any 4K channels
Honestly we are not ready for 4K UHD because service provider are not willing to go into it. Actually we do not need to have our own 4k channels, just need to lease a few channels like KBS1 Channel (Lease from Korea). Since we keep saying we are first world country and yet 4k channels are not available here. Every one is selling 4K UHD TV and everyone is buying 4K UHD TV. It does not make sense not to have 4k contents in Sg since we are first world country. I hope to see it soonest.

Last edited:

Fellowes

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Honestly we are not ready for 4K UHD because service provider are not willing to go into it. Actually we do not need to have our own 4k channels, just need to lease a few channels like KBS1 Channel (Lease from Korea). Since we keep saying we are first world country and yet 4k channels are not available here. Every one is selling 4K UHD TV and everyone is buying 4K UHD TV. It does not make sense not to have 4k contents in Sg since we are first world country. I hope to see it soonest.

Quite true, Korea already started broadcasting their Free to Air, KBS, MBC and SBS in UHD 4K format meanwhile we are still dealing with analogue to digital conversion while Korea has that many years ago.

To further enhance the free-to-air picture, MBC aims to adopt High Dynamic Range (HDR) – offering more detail in the bright highlights and deep shadows. MediaCorp on the other hand...well we all know.

Last edited:

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Quite true, Korea already started broadcasting their Free to Air, KBS, MBC and SBS in UHD 4K format meanwhile we are still dealing with analogue to digital conversion while Korea has that many years ago.

Japan also have 4k TV contents. I dare not expect Mediacorp to do it but Starhub is Pay TV so can lease from Korea and Japan. Once Starhub willing to do it then we have 4k content.

Ottoke

Reaction score
Japan also have 4k TV contents. I dare not expect Mediacorp to do it but Starhub is Pay TV so can lease from Korea and Japan. Once Starhub willing to do it then we have 4k content.

Japan is planning to broadcast next year's Olympics in 8K

harky

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
:eek: this one also need to return? Anyway dont buy ex one.. their is cheapo one :p

i think is this one. Should be composite cable
51qmA2i5-PL._SX425_.jpg

dont remember they got give this one. This is RGB cable
s-l1000.jpg

Check with you ah... Those who return the box to SH... how does the RGB cable look like?? I feeling I lost it and they asking for it

Last edited:

darkmatt

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I speak to SH sales before, you can use ST fibre. The cable tv box will need to change, free installation but monthly you need to pay extra $16.05. $16.05 for nothing :(

No you are wrong, Starhub Fibre TV can only run on Starhub Network and you have to pay extra to access their network so that you can watch their TV using their ONT however they will only activate the ONT port for TV use only. $16.05 is for access link so that you have their network to use and not for nothing. Whileas the Starhub GO streaming box can be used in any ISP network and any one can purchase the box at $199 from Starhub Shop. Can plug in and watch immediately after you register your Starhub GO account. Singtel standalone TV do not charge for such access link. If you want just go to Singtel TV.

it actually IS for nothing lol.

you don't need their broadband, pay $16.05/mth extra
you feel you want to get 2nd spare line, you pay their fiber package per month.

only way to make it more "worth" is for you to get their broadband. (which is what they want.)

anw, I've alr signed up singtel

no such bs. I said I want TV with no fiber. they said "NO PROBLEM!"

htngwilliam

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
it actually IS for nothing lol.

you don't need their broadband, pay $16.05/mth extra
you feel you want to get 2nd spare line, you pay their fiber package per month.

only way to make it more "worth" is for you to get their broadband. (which is what they want.)

anw, I've alr signed up singtel

no such bs. I said I want TV with no fiber. they said "NO PROBLEM!"

Can singtel TV run without their singtel fiber?

htngwilliam

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes. You can subscribe to SingTel TV without the need to subscribe to SingTel Fibre broadband, and no Fibre Link Access charge like StarHub.

They still need to install their fiber point right? Room may not be able to access

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Your existing FTP should be able to accommodate two ISPs, then from there each ISP will have their own ONT/ONR.

You are right. They may include a free data point from the ONT to the bed room. Actually so called "data point" is just a Cat 6 LAN cable connection from ONT to the room. However nowadays can use wifi for Singtel TV. Some time i just hope M1 can have fibre TV too.

nomoreliaola

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
O8Rfsqvl.jpg

Anyone can confirm which one they are giving?? RYW or RGB ? If so what colour is the wire? White or black

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.