Thread all abt ROLEX

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBaldMan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
This one ah? You know why the pic so blur? Cos 18k gold is sibei shiny. This is what other people around you will see every day.:s13: and this is only twin tone..if you wore a full gold one, everybody would go blind when walking together with you under the midday sun when going for lunch

IMG20190425171927.jpg

Yea.Jin nice.Hahaha.Full gold is ultimate bling bling:)

atypicalsingaporean

Master Member
Reaction score
It's tough to spot those "in demand" models around in ADs... so far only managed to see an Air King, a Datejust 41 steel in blue and an OP39 in white around in Singapore over the past week.

Architeck

Banned
Reaction score
Why does the 116520 Daytona look better with black dial, but the 216570 Explorer 2 look better in white dial?

Have been trying to figure this out. No answers yet :o

Architeck

Banned
Reaction score
You got heart pain when got dings and scratch?Most ppl unless status wise is tok kong think use it as an occasion watch for select wearing.Gold as a daily beater why not if you can afford it:)

But if you wear a steel or half gold sports Rolex with long sleeves or suit, the style and etiquette people will laugh at you, say you mountain turtle :s13:

They say you should only wear a leather strapped watch with formal wear, and it has to be in full precious metal.

Maybe Singapore dress code is not so strict, but then again it hints at our uncouth peasant heritage and the lack of dressing etiquette in front of the AMDKs.

TheBaldMan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
But if you wear a steel or half gold sports Rolex with long sleeves or suit, the style and etiquette people will laugh at you, say you mountain turtle :s13:

They say you should only wear a leather strapped watch with formal wear, and it has to be in full precious metal.

Maybe Singapore dress code is not so strict, but then again it hints at our uncouth peasant heritage and the lack of dressing etiquette in front of the AMDKs.

Someone who knows dress code.We sinkies are weird when it comes to showing status and dressings.One part,the need to show bling.The other part is dressing accordingly.But the dressing part already so many fail dont you think?You still see white socks all around for every occasion.

But i dont give much of a damn.I love gold.I wear them.I can afford.I wear.Guess its how you make it blend?I only can dress to what i can afford end day.Like a suit?G2000 is a suit.Bespoke tailored is is a suit.But the one that carries it off better is properly dressed?

The thing i learned in edmw.Even if you are wealthy,your wife is beyonce.You drive a rr guost.Someone is out there to put you down.So just yolo:)

Last edited:

bryando

Reaction score

Dont blame others for your own ignorance. Everyone is entitled to wear any watch with long sleeves or suit. Caucasians do that too, just check out the Baselworld picts all over the internet.

mun_hoe

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

just yesterday at MBS spotted lotsa AMDKs with formal wear in suits and steel bracelet watches, aren't they mountain turtles as well?

it's all very personal matching preferences in my opinion.

Architeck

Banned
Reaction score
https://www.gentlemansgazette.com/dress-watch-guide/

https://www.realmenrealstyle.com/dress-watch-guide/

https://www.thehourglass.com/new-watch/how-to-choose-a-dress-watch-that-will-stand-out/

There are a lot more resources on the internet, don't be lazy.

One can be forgiven if one didn't have a good upbringing in etiquette and manners, because not everyone is lucky enough to have a father who had brought him up well.

But in this day and age with information on the internet readily available, there is really no excuse! ;)

Last edited:

Architeck

Banned
Reaction score
Dont blame others for your own ignorance. Everyone is entitled to wear any watch with long sleeves or suit. Caucasians do that too, just check out the Baselworld picts all over the internet.

I am ignorant? But the internet begs to differ. ;)

Don't get mad.

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

What is style and etiquette people?
New race in the world?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.