Citibank Maxigain Savings Account

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Citi priority is the type of customer you are (people with 70k-249k) with Citibank.

Maxigain is just an account type.

Let's keep it simple, you meant to say he can consider topping up the Maxigain to $70k to earn the base interest also right. This may not be the best move if the $55k or $70k can earn higher interest elsewhere.

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm ready to top up maxigain account to 70k on 1st May. Should I go to citibank counter to apply for top up promo?

Should apply today. Dun think u eligible for the top up promo if you are not already city priority/gold customer, refer to the TnC for the promo.

“Customer” refers to an existing Citi Primary Customer who is the main account holder of a Citi Priority, Citigold, or Citigold Private Client relationship, and whose first banking account with Citi had been opened at least three (3) months before the participation in this Promotion.

Cannot have net cash outflow from your account during these 3 months also

Last edited:

vsvs24

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Should apply today. Dun think u eligible for the top up promo if you are not already city priority/gold customer, refer to the TnC for the promo.

“Customer” refers to an existing Citi Primary Customer who is the main account holder of a Citi Priority, Citigold, or Citigold Private Client relationship, and whose first banking account with Citi had been opened at least three (3) months before the participation in this Promotion.

Cannot have net cash outflow from your account during these 3 months also

If withdraw interest only is it ok ?

Reaction score
Hi I like to know if i have 150k in maxigain with counter 12. if i withdraw interest every month. does the counter will reset to zero?

because i read there is a term which mention "if the lowest balance is $0 for 2 consecutive months, the ****er will reset to 0 in the 2nd month?"

NTTDoCoMo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi I like to know if i have 150k in maxigain with counter 12. if i withdraw interest every month. does the counter will reset to zero?

because i read there is a term which mention "if the lowest balance is $0 for 2 consecutive months, the ****er will reset to 0 in the 2nd month?"

If interest is $300, then withdraw exact $300 or lower. Withdraw anything more will result the Counter to drop.

If you afraid then withdraw $299 ($300 - $1)

To Increase Counter / Maintain at Counter 12, the lowest balance in your MaxiGain account in a month is equal to or greater than the lowest balance in the previous month.

Reaction score
If interest is $300, then withdraw exact $300 or lower. Withdraw anything more will result the Counter to drop.

If you afraid then withdraw $299 ($300 - $1)

To Increase Counter / Maintain at Counter 12, the lowest balance in your MaxiGain account in a month is equal to or greater than the lowest balance in the previous month.

Hi. Thank you for your reply. If equal to lowest balance in the previous month means "$0"? Then, if"$0" for 2 months, counter no not reduce or reset to zero?

This is copy from the term and condition.
9AHlnO8

Last edited:

PC-User

Master Member
Reaction score

If you have 150K inside, how would the lowest balance be $0?

The counter won't reset when the lowest balance of current month is equal to or greater than the previous month, meaning you can withdraw the full interest.

Reaction score

The counter won't reset when the lowest balance of current month is equal to or greater than the previous month, meaning you can withdraw the full interest.

Oh. I see. $0 mean no money in the account. Thanks for the info. :)

NTTDoCoMo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi. Thank you for your reply. If equal to lowest balance in the previous month means "$0"? Then, if"$0" for 2 months, counter no not reduce or reset to zero?

This is copy from the term and condition.
9AHlnO8

It is stated in the TnC - Point 9. It is a clause that Citibank prevent $0 account to accumulate counter.

Point 9.

If the lowest balance is S$0 for 2 consecutive months, the Counter will reset to 0 in the 2nd Month.

https://www.citibank.com.sg/gcb/landing_page/deposits/pdf/MaxiGainTnC.pdf

Reaction score

Let say if i forget to withdraw the interest of 150k in 30th April month end. It means i cannot withdraw the interest in 1st May. Or else counter will reduce right?

NTTDoCoMo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Let say if i forget to withdraw the interest of 150k in 30th April month end. It means i cannot withdraw the interest in 1st May. Or else counter will reduce right?

Reaction score

Hmm.. then i better put 148k like that. i think i will forget to withdraw the interest sometime. Thanks for the confirmation.

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hmm.. then i better put 148k like that. i think i will forget to withdraw the interest sometime. Thanks for the confirmation.

If lowest balance in Apr is $150k (at start of Apr), then lowest balance in May can be $150k also. So can still withdraw the interest credited in Apr by end of May.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.