Forced from cable TV to fibre TV by Starhub

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

nomoreliaola

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Haha to confirm... My contract end date is 2may2019 tomorrow. Later I return the box , will they smelly charge me for early termination ah

Sent from Google PIXEL 2 using GAGT

nomoreliaola

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Haha to confirm... My contract end date is 2may2019 tomorrow. Later I return the box , will they smelly charge me for early termination ah

I reply to my self... PCB can only return on 3rd may else will be charged early terminal. Really ***** starhub

wlng81

Master Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply!

The device is Minix NEO X8H Plus.
I also tried to download the mobile app version and was told "This app is not compatible with your device".

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply!

The device is Minix NEO X8H Plus.
I also tried to download the mobile app version and was told "This app is not compatible with your device".

For TV version, only the box listed here are compatible.
https://plus.tvbanywhere.com/certified-smart-tv-list.pdf

For mobile version, I think your box is too old and the Android version on your box is too old. Minimum requirement is Android 5.0 and I believe your box is running Android 4.4.

Also it is no guarantee that the mobile version will work on generic boxes. I have some boxes which can run the mobile version from Google Play Store but then I have one box that the app is not listed in the Google Play Store.

You may want to buy Mi Box S running Google certified Android TV OS. It is listed in the supported device list for the TV version. It supports Netflix 4K and has built-in Chromecast function to be used with apps like StarHub Go, it is the best value box below S$100.

BTW, more and more apps are not compatible with Android 4.4.

Last edited:

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wah so jelly of you!

Wait a few more days i will try again. Any way now i can still watch using my Android TV app on my TV. It is a matter of time sure can install and use it.
More and more people will say bye bye to Starhub.

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
After everyone downloaded this app and start using it, many more people will sure cut cord. Starhub finished.

Not yet finished but TVB on big screen is one exclusive content for StarHub previously before this new development.

If you only need VOD, I think there are now pretty good choices in Singapore, with Toggle, StarHub Go, SingTel Cast, Netflix, HBO Go, TVB Anywhere+, Viu, Amazon Prime Video, Hooq, Fox+, Catchplay On Demand, etc, as well as the offering from Apple and Google.

If you need live TV, then it is still limited in Singapore. Toggle, SingTel Cast and StarHub Go only have limited choices for live TV, compared to SingTel TV and StarHub Fibre TV.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.