LG 2019 OLED TVs (Z9 8K, W9, E9 & C9) Announced with HDMI 2.1!!

reno77

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
LG has unveiled its 2019 4K OLED TV line-up comprising C9, E9, and W9 with 4K resolution, and Z9 with 8K resolution. The TVs come with HDMI 2.1, improved gaming performance with VRR, an upgraded video processor, webOS updates, and ”AI”.

LG C9, E9, W9 4K OLED TVs
LG has announced that its OLED TV line-up for 2019 will comprise the C9, E9, and W9 ranges with 4K resolution as well as B9 that will come a little later in the year. The company also confirmed that its first 8K OLED model will be the Z9.

HDMI 2.1 is the headlining feature. Increased bandwidth now allows for up to 4K at 120 frames per second – also referred to as High Frame Rate (HFR) – inputs via HDMI

https://www.flatpanelshd.com/news.php?subaction=showfull&id=1546474656

petetherock

Reaction score
Should be interesting
Hope they fix the burn in concerns and make the larger panels cheaper

FatBomb

Reaction score
The biggest selling points for the 2019 LG will be HDMI 2.1 (futureproofing for game consoles),
variable refresh rates (for game consoles again) and Airplay2 (for apple users).

Definitely paying a premium over the 2018 models and getting it at launch. A bit hard to say if it's a good deal though. Waiting will definitely get you lower prices, especially since it is launched.

Whether the cost of time is worth it for you, really depends on you and whether the points above are worth it for you. :)

FatBomb

Reaction score
I’d just like the Airplay built in for mirroring iPhones?

If I were you (which is exactly what I did), I purchased the B8 with wall mounting for 2.2k. Then bought an Apple TV 4K for 230 from Lazada. So it only came up to 2.43k for the B8 + AppleTV4k + wall mounting.

If not in a hurry, I’m sure the C9 will slowly drop in prices to be below 3k by December, as the C7 and B8 did in the past 2 years. ;)

isthatall

Reaction score
thanks. right now the console is filled with other appliances hah think the wife's gonna go bonkers if i get another equipment. but yea i'll consider the pricings.

cscs3

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
LG has unveiled its 2019 4K OLED TV line-up comprising C9, E9, and W9 with 4K resolution, and Z9 with 8K resolution. The TVs come with HDMI 2.1, improved gaming performance with VRR, an upgraded video processor, webOS updates, and ”AI”.

LG C9, E9, W9 4K OLED TVs
LG has announced that its OLED TV line-up for 2019 will comprise the C9, E9, and W9 ranges with 4K resolution as well as B9 that will come a little later in the year. The company also confirmed that its first 8K OLED model will be the Z9.

HDMI 2.1 is the headlining feature. Increased bandwidth now allows for up to 4K at 120 frames per second – also referred to as High Frame Rate (HFR) – inputs via HDMI

https://www.flatpanelshd.com/news.php?subaction=showfull&id=1546474656

My understanding from several review, HDMI 2.1 is not out of box, but supported when firmware upgrade is ready?

LiLAsN

Master Member
Reaction score
My understanding from several review, HDMI 2.1 is not out of box, but supported when firmware upgrade is ready?

The Hardware is already there. Just that as for the reasons for the delay of HDMI 2.1 even though it was already ready for years was for how TV manufacturers are going to incorporate the technology into their TVs. So it's nice to know that LG is at the finishing stage of just developing the software for their TVs to utilize the HDMI 2.1 hardware already built into the port.

Anyway, there is still no AVRs, PCs and consoles that is able to fully utilize HDMI 2.1 so it's fine for LG to take its time to perfect it before the late 2019 when all the new AVRs and hopefully GPUs will be out that has HDMI 2.1 built in.

Though... You can use AVRs and consoles that do use some of the HDMI 2.1 features such as eARC and Xbox One X's adaptive refresh rate (freesync/g-sync type of technology) to get rid of tearings once the software side is ready for the new LG 9 series TVs.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.