Citibank Maxigain Savings Account

testingabc

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
where to open citibank maxigain account? can go to those mrt one or some specific one? 70k they will give Citi Priority Debit Mastercard better?

arctician

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes you may withdraw the interest only in the following month without affecting counter.

thank you in this case does it make a difference if we withdraw on 30th when interest is credited or on 1st of following month? based on your tnc seems to have no impact. Just trying to understand if the date really matters

heng_ah

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Technically this is right but what’s stopping them from revising it to 60% of SIBOR?

They have done that before.
Nothing can stop them.
Either stay with them or jump to their competitor's products.

PC-User

Master Member
Reaction score
Technically this is right but what’s stopping them from revising it to 60% of SIBOR?
I believe they'll control the total interest max at around 2.4~2.5%. SIBOR rise too much, they'll reduce the % to balance out.

Linguist

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No point jump, until they nerf it and if other banks really give better offer, which is quite unlikely...

example UOB. Now their bonus interest rate on normal savings account is comparing incremental balance against previous month average balance, and not like last time against Oct/Dec/Feb (always 2 months gap) average balance.
(so I can earn bonus interest rate for this month, next month I won't be able to)

Extract from UOB : Enjoy the freshest rates of up to 1.65% p.a.* interest. Plus, receive S$100 Dairy Farm Group Vouchers* when you deposit at least S$100,000 in Fresh Funds which results in an Incremental Fresh Funds Balance of at least S$100,000 when compared against your previous month’s Monthly Average Balance (MAB).

Boy who Procrastinates

Reaction score
thank you in this case does it make a difference if we withdraw on 30th when interest is credited or on 1st of following month? based on your tnc seems to have no impact. Just trying to understand if the date really matters

I don’t believe that it makes a difference.

Let’s go back to the same example and assume that you do not deposit or withdraw any amount before 30th. When the interest was credited and withdrawn on 30th, the lowest balance is still $150,000 in April. And if you repeat the same action in May, the lowest balance is the same.

Boy who Procrastinates

Reaction score
where to open citibank maxigain account? can go to those mrt one or some specific one? 70k they will give Citi Priority Debit Mastercard better?

Hmm i think you can check out if the branch that you are going to, offers account opening service before heading over.

https://www.citibank.com.sg/gcb/otherservices/cb_location.htm

Yes, they will provide the Priority debit card but to me that is just a fancy debit card that allows you to withdraw cash at ATM.

If i am not wrong, there are other benefits to holding the Priority card but I don't find it particularly useful for me.

https://www.citibank.com.sg/citi-pr....htm?lid=SGENCBLORCATLLearnMorePrivilegesCIBA

AhPohPoh

Reaction score
Not working for Citibank but I know a very responsible and responsive acquisition officer (who helped me with my Citigold account application). She’ll even meet you at a time/place of your convenience you so you don’t have to go to branch to open account.

Will pm you.

testingabc

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not working for Citibank but I know a very responsible and responsive acquisition officer (who helped me with my Citigold account application). She’ll even meet you at a time/place of your convenience you so you don’t have to go to branch to open account.

Will pm you.

thank you very much but i am still reading about it

AhPohPoh

Reaction score
No worries. Take your time. If you have any queries regarding anything to do with maxigain or account opening or what, just pm me and I can pass you her number.

Just want to put it out there that I’m not at all related to her. Just promoting her cause of all the Acquistion officers/RM that I’ve encountered across various banks, she’s the only one that amazed me with her level of customer service.

Just one of the incidents which happened:

She’s actually a Citigold AO. So I messaged her awhile back on a Saturday and asked when she was free cause someone I knew wanted to open a CitiPriority account or do they have to go to a branch. She said she’s out but give her 2 hours and she’ll go back office to print the documents and meet my friend at wherever my Friend was. I said she really didn’t have to but she said it’s fine.

She flew down within 2 hours and helped my Friend to open her priority account. I messaged her later to thank her, and asked her why she was willing to come down on a weekend. She said customers are hard to come by and important no matter how small.

She thanked me for referrals and said that someday if for some reason someone I know can’t go to bank but want to open a normal Citibank account but can’t go to branch for whatever reason, she’ll go down to meet them even though she won’t be earning any commission.

Especially in an environment when I have to call a bank multiple times to even get a callback when I’m interested to open priority/private bank account.... this kind of working attitude a bit rare.

thank you very much but i am still reading about it

brown56

Reaction score
No point jump, until they nerf it and if other banks really give better offer, which is quite unlikely...

example UOB. Now their bonus interest rate on normal savings account is comparing incremental balance against previous month average balance, and not like last time against Oct/Dec/Feb (always 2 months gap) average balance.
(so I can earn bonus interest rate for this month, next month I won't be able to)

Extract from UOB : Enjoy the freshest rates of up to 1.65% p.a.* interest. Plus, receive S$100 Dairy Farm Group Vouchers* when you deposit at least S$100,000 in Fresh Funds which results in an Incremental Fresh Funds Balance of at least S$100,000 when compared against your previous month’s Monthly Average Balance (MAB).

“Incremental Fresh Funds Balance” refers to the daily difference between each day-end Account balance and the April 2019 Monthly Average Balance"
Extracted from the promotion TnC
https://www.uob.com.sg/assets/pdfs/promotions/terms-and-condition-promotion.pdf

Guess UOB made the same mistake again. It happened in the Mar/Apr 19 promotion where they changed the TnC from "previous month’s MAB" to "Feb's MAB".

If unsure, good to clarify with them in writing.

htngwilliam

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No worries. Take your time. If you have any queries regarding anything to do with maxigain or account opening or what, just pm me and I can pass you her number.

Just want to put it out there that I’m not at all related to her. Just promoting her cause of all the Acquistion officers/RM that I’ve encountered across various banks, she’s the only one that amazed me with her level of customer service.

Just one of the incidents which happened:

She’s actually a Citigold AO. So I messaged her awhile back on a Saturday and asked when she was free cause someone I knew wanted to open a CitiPriority account or do they have to go to a branch. She said she’s out but give her 2 hours and she’ll go back office to print the documents and meet my friend at wherever my Friend was. I said she really didn’t have to but she said it’s fine.

She flew down within 2 hours and helped my Friend to open her priority account. I messaged her later to thank her, and asked her why she was willing to come down on a weekend. She said customers are hard to come by and important no matter how small.

She thanked me for referrals and said that someday if for some reason someone I know can’t go to bank but want to open a normal Citibank account but can’t go to branch for whatever reason, she’ll go down to meet them even though she won’t be earning any commission.

Especially in an environment when I have to call a bank multiple times to even get a callback when I’m interested to open priority/private bank account.... this kind of working attitude a bit rare.

How I wish my RM is like this

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.