Citibank Maxigain Savings Account

AhPohPoh

Reaction score
“Incremental Fresh Funds Balance” refers to the daily difference between each day-end Account balance and the April 2019 Monthly Average Balance"
Extracted from the promotion TnC
https://www.uob.com.sg/assets/pdfs/promotions/terms-and-condition-promotion.pdf

Guess UOB made the same mistake again. It happened in the Mar/Apr 19 promotion where they changed the TnC from "previous month’s MAB" to "Feb's MAB".

If unsure, good to clarify with them in writing.

Many of the RMs/AOs who help you do not note of any changes to T&C. In fact, I've clarified, argued and 'won' many of these arguments. Made these RMs/AOs bring the T&C and clarify with the department who wrote them.

So sometimes when my RM tells me " oh if put in on March 30th and withdraw on end of May, you've qualified for the 3 months promo," I'll not take it at face value and check the T&Cs. Usually the T&Cs will state very clear. Cause T&Cs change from time to time and a couple of AOs/RMs have even thanked me, else they'd have misinformed even more customers.

Just remember that at the end of the day, doesn't matter whether is it by speech or by written (text/email), the thing the banks always fall back on is the T&Cs, and you should do the same. Cause if they misinform you, they'll just apologize and said that they misintepret wrongly and it's your responsibility to read the T&C.

vsvs24

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Many of the RMs/AOs who help you do not note of any changes to T&C. In fact, I've clarified, argued and 'won' many of these arguments. Made these RMs/AOs bring the T&C and clarify with the department who wrote them.

So sometimes when my RM tells me " oh if put in on March 30th and withdraw on end of May, you've qualified for the 3 months promo," I'll not take it at face value and check the T&Cs. Usually the T&Cs will state very clear. Cause T&Cs change from time to time and a couple of AOs/RMs have even thanked me, else they'd have misinformed even more customers.

Just remember that at the end of the day, doesn't matter whether is it by speech or by written (text/email), the thing the banks always fall back on is the T&Cs, and you should do the same. Cause if they misinform you, they'll just apologize and said that they misintepret wrongly and it's your responsibility to read the T&C.

My RM tells me if withdraw interest, counter will drop. I can't be bothered to argue with her.

Squaredot

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No worries. Take your time. If you have any queries regarding anything to do with maxigain or account opening or what, just pm me and I can pass you her number.

Just want to put it out there that I’m not at all related to her. Just promoting her cause of all the Acquistion officers/RM that I’ve encountered across various banks, she’s the only one that amazed me with her level of customer service.

Just one of the incidents which happened:

She’s actually a Citigold AO. So I messaged her awhile back on a Saturday and asked when she was free cause someone I knew wanted to open a CitiPriority account or do they have to go to a branch. She said she’s out but give her 2 hours and she’ll go back office to print the documents and meet my friend at wherever my Friend was. I said she really didn’t have to but she said it’s fine.

She flew down within 2 hours and helped my Friend to open her priority account. I messaged her later to thank her, and asked her why she was willing to come down on a weekend. She said customers are hard to come by and important no matter how small.

She thanked me for referrals and said that someday if for some reason someone I know can’t go to bank but want to open a normal Citibank account but can’t go to branch for whatever reason, she’ll go down to meet them even though she won’t be earning any commission.

Especially in an environment when I have to call a bank multiple times to even get a callback when I’m interested to open priority/private bank account.... this kind of working attitude a bit rare.

She is hardworking. This is rare nowadays.

hwmook

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My RM tells me if withdraw interest, counter will drop. I can't be bothered to argue with her.

The guy who help me to open my maxigain account specifically told me that I can withdraw the interest and help me to open another account for transactional purpose so that i can transfer the interest and spend or withdraw it as I deem fit.

vsvs24

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The guy who help me to open my maxigain account specifically told me that I can withdraw the interest and help me to open another account for transactional purpose so that i can transfer the interest and spend or withdraw it as I deem fit.

The moment she told me this I know she is hopeless and I can't trust anything that she says. Also when I went for the topup, she say no need to sign any form just topup. I had to tell her need to enroll and sign something and ask her to check. She went to out and after 10 min came back with form.

Citibank must really do something. Their RM don't even know their products and gave not 1 but many wrong advice.

AhPohPoh

Reaction score
Sad to say, but this happens even with other banks and is not exclusive to Citi.

That’s why I’m closer with this acquisition officer (which I highly recommend) than my RM, cause she’s really on the ball when it comes to changes and will update me. My RM... quite cmi also, only call me for investment :s22:

The moment she told me this I know she is hopeless and I can't trust anything that she says. Also when I went for the topup, she say no need to sign any form just topup. I had to tell her need to enroll and sign something and ask her to check. She went to out and after 10 min came back with form.

Citibank must really do something. Their RM don't even know their products and gave not 1 but many wrong advice.

saggice

Reaction score
so the idea is to withdraw the interest and keep the account no more than 150,000?

cos anything more has no interest at all.

oceanicmanta

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hmmm where in my formula is wrong?

=((((((70/100*1.77))/100)/365)*AvgMonthlySum)*30)

my formula is same as yours .... 150k got $157.35 Base interest

any of your days where the balance is less than 70k or more than 150k ?

also check your ADB ...

did you mix up the Base & Bonus amount ?

as another check from this site, all Apr's available Sibor was above 1.82% so it is highly unlikely to be 1.77%

https://sibor.sg/history.html

Last edited:

xXxJavierxXx

Reaction score
Should apply today. Dun think u eligible for the top up promo if you are not already city priority/gold customer, refer to the TnC for the promo.

“Customer” refers to an existing Citi Primary Customer who is the main account holder of a Citi Priority, Citigold, or Citigold Private Client relationship, and whose first banking account with Citi had been opened at least three (3) months before the participation in this Promotion.

Cannot have net cash outflow from your account during these 3 months also

Tried to ask the counter staff today and was able to sign the top up promotion form to my surprise. I am not a priority client.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.