Sim card for Europe/UK

ysyj48

Reaction score
want to ask abt giff gaff as I just received it in the mail. had ordered a few wks back. first time using this.

im not going to UK at all. my holiday is in spain and Portugal only. will be there a problem? I can activate it in Singapore and buy the top up first, then once I touch down in Portugal, I can insert the giffgaff sim and start surfing internet?

finale1

Master Member
Reaction score
Three UK SIM card
30 days
12gb
$30

Strong and fast connection throughout Europe.

Is giffgafff a better deal than this?

afrovillain

Reaction score
im not going to UK at all. my holiday is in spain and Portugal only. will be there a problem? I can activate it in Singapore and buy the top up first, then once I touch down in Portugal, I can insert the giffgaff sim and start surfing internet?

From giffgaff website:

Inclusive roaming is created for giffgaff members who typically reside in the UK, and is ideal for short trips to other places in the EU.

The vast majority of our members will be eligible without needing to do anything different, but if you don’t meet the necessary criteria, or go against our fair usage guidelines, then inclusive roaming may be switched off. You’ll still be able to use your phone in the EU if you have credit, but you'll be charged 3.3p/minute, 1p/text, 0.47p/MB. If you have a goodybag but no credit, you’ll not be able to use our service in the EU.

To make things easy, we automatically turn on EU roaming when you buy a goodybag. However, if we can’t see any recent UK usage, we’ll send you an email and SMS asking for proof of residency in the UK. You must give this to us within 14 days, to ensure you remain eligible and your inclusive roaming stays turned on. You can submit various documents as proof of UK residency. Find out more

If you fail to submit such evidence, you’ll receive an email advising you of your impending ineligibility for inclusive roaming and an SMS shortly thereafter confirming your inclusive roaming has been switched off. If you submit the required bits at a later stage, (or if we see evidence of UK usage) your inclusive roaming will be turned on again.

I think if your holiday is under 14 days should be ok.

candyass

Reaction score
Three UK SIM card
30 days
12gb
$30

Strong and fast connection throughout Europe.

Is giffgafff a better deal than this?

A lot of Three UK roaming partners in Europe do not operate 4G network. Thus at best you can only get 3G connections.

finale1

Master Member
Reaction score
So far it’s been good for me. Just to update:

Budapest 3g, Vienna 3g, Barcelona 4g connection very strong.

Prague 3g is weak when u go indoors.

A lot of Three UK roaming partners in Europe do not operate 4G network. Thus at best you can only get 3G connections.

Last edited:

juxtaposition

Reaction score
BgbaJFi.jpg

Selling for a small fee for my balance simcard for Europe, expiring 11 May 2019.

Can tether, can pokemongo, can Google map for driving

Pls PM

finale1

Master Member
Reaction score
Three (UK) doesn’t work too well in Prague.
Once enter a building, no connection.

So far it’s been good for me.
Budapest, Vienna connection very strong.
In fact I haven’t had weak connection even when it’s 3G

MilesTeh

Reaction score
I bought the Sim card from ICC on Qoo10. It was on Orange telco network. Usually just 3G signal, and 2G or no signal on long distance train, so I couldn't surf the internet while I was on train. Ended up I didn't even use 1Gb. Mostly using the data for whatsapp and Google maps. Pity the 3gb was sold out, so I had to buy the 5+3gb one.

finale1

Master Member
Reaction score
Network coverage is quite weak in non city areas especially those mountainous region.

I bought the Sim card from ICC on Qoo10. It was on Orange telco network. Usually just 3G signal, and 2G or no signal on long distance train, so I couldn't surf the internet while I was on train. Ended up I didn't even use 1Gb. Mostly using the data for whatsapp and Google maps. Pity the 3gb was sold out, so I had to buy the 5+3gb one.

ssian84

Master Member
Reaction score
I just bought 4*12gb Sim for coming June trip...
Haha chams ur hopefully they work wonders lah

Merg91

Master Member
Reaction score
Read that EE has best UK coverage, even in ulu Scotland Highlands.
Cheapest to get it outside Heathrow Airport.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.