Treasure at Tampines

NiShiZhu

Banned
Reaction score
Why landed not so good to stay.

Landed is way beyond my reach. So i already gave up the dream.

Condo is the only way out

Pests, rats, bats, pipe leakage, air con duct issue, flooding during December heavy rain, too many bedrooms with 2 rooms left empty for 10 years, big space very difficult to clean and maintain, insects build nest on my trellis at rooftop and sofa, climbing of stairs not for my aging parents...and the list goes on.
Now switching back to 4 bedder condo. The size just nice for my family.

annetyu

Banned
Reaction score
Pests, rats, bats, pipe leakage, air con duct issue, flooding during December heavy rain, too many bedrooms with 2 rooms left empty for 10 years, big space very difficult to clean and maintain, insects build nest on my trellis at rooftop and sofa, climbing of stairs not for my aging parents...and the list goes on.
Now switching back to 4 bedder condo. The size just nice for my family.

3.5m should be able to get a new built terrace house with pool and lift. No pests and rats. Your 4 bedder should be at most 2m I believe.

iCubes

Master Member
Reaction score
3.5m should be able to get a new built terrace house with pool and lift. No pests and rats. Your 4 bedder should be at most 2m I believe.

"No pests and rats" - You personally guarantee huh?

annetyu

Banned
Reaction score
"No pests and rats" - You personally guarantee huh?

I stayed in landed for a period of time before. If you upkeep your house well, rats will definitely not be a problem. Cockroaches and lizards will have of course. Even condo will have these small pests.

If your house has rats, its either few decades old or you have extremely poor hygiene.

annetyu

Banned
Reaction score
climbing of stairs not for my aging parents...

Ahhh, you are living with your parents. No wonder you seem to be able to afford so many properties. But thats a good thing, rather than getting a maid to look after them. No siblings to fight over your parents' property with? Haha..

NiShiZhu

Banned
Reaction score
Ahhh, you are living with your parents. No wonder you seem to be able to afford so many properties. But thats a good thing, rather than getting a maid to look after them. No siblings to fight over your parents' property with? Haha..

My dad is a taxi driver and my mum is a housewife. I was born in a 1 room rented flat at red hill.
What do you think?

Last edited:

iCubes

Master Member
Reaction score
I stayed in landed for a period of time before. If you upkeep your house well, rats will definitely not be a problem. Cockroaches and lizards will have of course. Even condo will have these small pests.

If your house has rats, its either few decades old or you have extremely poor hygiene.

I disagree. No matter how clean and tidy your house is, as long you have untidy neighbours, their pest and rat problem will also become your problem.

annetyu

Banned
Reaction score
My terrace is a brand new unit (less than 2 years) bought from the first buyer who left it vacant.
Bet she never stay in landed.
So she’s ignorant of all these things. :D

So you’re saying your previous landed and all landed homes have rats. That’s a very bold statement..

Up to you to think whether I stayed landed before or not. I may be ah ma but I’m not old yet. My mum is still alive and staying her bungalow at Serangoon gardens. Even though the property is a few decades old, I don’t hear the helpers complaining about rats.

captain huat

Master Member
Reaction score

Lai liao lai liao lor.

NiShiZhu

Banned
Reaction score
Lai liao lai liao lor.

Aiya, her pattern always like that one lah.
A leopard can’t change its spot. :D
There’s reason for her to be unpopular here because she has got a foul mouth.
Don’t understand what’s her warped logic. What does my terrace gotta do with my failure of duty to hire a maid to take care of my parents?
Even if I hire a maid, must tell the whole world?

Last edited:

NiShiZhu

Banned
Reaction score
So you’re saying your previous landed and all landed homes have rats. That’s a very bold statement..

Up to you to think whether I stayed landed before or not. I may be ah ma but I’m not old yet. My mum is still alive and staying her bungalow at Serangoon gardens. Even though the property is a few decades old, I don’t hear the helpers complaining about rats.

Why provide us with so much info when none of us here even care. :D
If stating some of the real challenges staying in terrace is not music to your ears, can just ignore.
Many who stayed in landed had shared similar concerns.
Oh ya, I forgot, ours is low class landed and yours is Sentosa Cove landed. Different caliber, my apology.

Last edited:

Broadwalk

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I want buy landed but I am 42 jobless and depending rental income from my flat.:o

annetyu

Banned
Reaction score
Why provide us with so much info when none of us here even care. :D
If stating some of the real challenges staying in terrace is not music to your ears, can just ignore.
Many who stayed in landed had shared similar concerns.
Oh ya, I forgot, ours is low class landed and yours is Sentosa Cove landed. Different caliber, my apology.

Well you’re are the one who said I’m ignorant first.

I am sure bats, rats, pipe leakage, air con, flooding issues are not common issues, especially in new built landed. Unless the contractor who built it was a bad one or your landed was in a not very good geographic location.

The challenges u mentioned are all extreme cases. Roof leakage is probably more common.

annetyu

Banned
Reaction score
Not my intent to be idolized or being admired.
Just hope u don’t assume things that u don’t even know.

Never assume anything. You’re staying with your parents and their property is either rented out or sold. Either way you benefit, no matter how small the amount is.

To me, I feel what’s my parents should belong to them as long as they are still around.

NiShiZhu

Banned
Reaction score
Well you’re are the one who said I’m ignorant first.

I am sure bats, rats, pipe leakage, air con, flooding issues are not common issues, especially in new built landed. Unless the contractor who built it was a bad one or your landed was in a not very good geographic location.

The challenges u mentioned are all extreme cases. Roof leakage is probably more common.

So u are saying others are also telling lies here who shared the same pests concerns? Looks like u are always the special one.
If flooding issues not common, why do we keep reading news of flooding in Orchard road shops and many other areas in Singapore during the December rainy season? U mean u totally ignorant about this?
Ok lah, good for you anyway, Ignorance is always a bliss. :D

Last edited:

annetyu

Banned
Reaction score
So u are also saying others are also telling lies here who shared the same pests concerns? Looks like u are always the special one.
Ok lah, good for you anyway, Ignorance is always a bliss. :D

Pests like cockroaches and lizards yes. Not bats and rats...you are the special one sir.

NiShiZhu

Banned
Reaction score
Never assume anything. You’re staying with your parents and their property is either rented out or sold. Either way you benefit, no matter how small the amount is.

To me, I feel what’s my parents should belong to them as long as they are still around.

Not everyone are lucky with parents leaving huge assets behind for their children. They sold off their 4 room HDB flat for their old age savings.
Aiya, not interested to report everything to u lah.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.