Forced from cable TV to fibre TV by Starhub

nomoreliaola

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I returned my box<¡ ask u all now the round tip cable previously connected to my STB .. does it now go to the tv? This is the one connected to the wall one

Sent from Google PIXEL 2 using GAGT

mocax

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
I already have singtel (internet + TV + phone)

for starhub, can i just use the set top box and connect to singtel internet? :s11:

I don't want 2 internet and excess power cables.

or just buy their android box? :s11:

giraffey

Reaction score
I already have singtel (internet + TV + phone)

for starhub, can i just use the set top box and connect to singtel internet? :s11:

I don't want 2 internet and excess power cables.

or just buy their android box? :s11:

If you have SH Fibre Tv and ST Fiber BB & TV, you would have 2 sets of modems and setup boxes.

The “android box" (or use your own android box) is on StarHub Go service which only has limited content compared to their normal TV. But the advantage is you can use any internet connectivity.

wacko

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
So what is the meaning of 'enjoy a seamless upgrade'? (1:27 on the video)

no promises or guarantee that this "upgrade" will be done by 30 Jun, regardless of the sign up date. there is a simple reason why Starhub can't guarantee this, they cannot prevent the scenario that 10,000 customers chose to switch to fibre TV on 29 Jun.

Singtel

Featured Sponsor
Reaction score
To everyone on this thread,

We understand it can be frustrating making the switch to fibre. If anyone wishes to consider signing up for Singtel TV and fibre, we are here to clarify your doubts to help you make an informed choice.

Through this thread, we are glad to have helped a number of forum members get Singtel TV and fibre offers over PM for their consideration, and some have indeed signed up with us.

We will continue to be here, so feel free to ask your questions whether on this thread or over PM. We endeavour to continue sharing more about our offerings.

Thanks.

StarHub is really horrible. Regret to recontract to Fiber TV . Went to their outlet to recontract and installation arranged on the following week. Then called me few days later said there some delay and need to wait up to 10 weeks before they can come down to do the fiber point activation and installation. Those that thinking to recontract better think twice.

htngwilliam

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
To everyone on this thread,

We understand it can be frustrating making the switch to fibre. If anyone wishes to consider signing up for Singtel TV and fibre, we are here to clarify your doubts to help you make an informed choice.

Through this thread, we are glad to have helped a number of forum members get Singtel TV and fibre offers over PM for their consideration, and some have indeed signed up with us.

We will continue to be here, so feel free to ask your questions whether on this thread or over PM. We endeavour to continue sharing more about our offerings.

Thanks.

Just let non singtel customers sign up singtel cast

Paul Lee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
no promises or guarantee that this "upgrade" will be done by 30 Jun, regardless of the sign up date. there is a simple reason why Starhub can't guarantee this, they cannot prevent the scenario that 10,000 customers chose to switch to fibre TV on 29 Jun.

Sure, I understand your pt. There are limitations after all in manpower, equipment and implementation

In this case, then SH should not promise that transition from cable to Fibre will be seamless.

Becos to most, seamless would mean no interruption.

You may be more forgiving. :)

Paul Lee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I returned my box<¡ ask u all now the round tip cable previously connected to my STB .. does it now go to the tv? This is the one connected to the wall one

Sure you can connect to your TV. But it would do nothing. :s22:

The wall socket serve no purpose unless you opt for the EOCC solution.

htngwilliam

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yeah. I hope they will listen more to customers. Starhub is a very good example. The share price from $4.70 to $1.58 explain their performance. Lol! I am glad tvb started to offer their own services else both of them can accompany each other on the journey.

Whether singtel can capitalise on the market depends on whether they sincerely wants to listen or just wayang

Look at netflix, from US40 to US400. No joke.

Last edited:

nomoreliaola

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
To those returning... The staff didn't ask for the RCA from me.... Maybe I slowly passed to him one by him.... Anyway.. good riddance... Happily watching tvbanywhere and later go imda to see if I can get free the what digital box

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
To those returning... The staff didn't ask for the RCA from me.... Maybe I slowly passed to him one by him.... Anyway.. good riddance... Happily watching tvbanywhere and later go imda to see if I can get free the what digital box

It is called Digital TV Starter Kit. Basically a DVB-T2 Tuner Box Plus Antenna.
https://starterkit.digitaltv.sg

You can use Toggle app first for now and see if you can cast to TV. I remember you have Chromecast dongle and it works well with Toggle.

Edit to add:
And what is the model of your Sony TV? It should have DVB-T2 Tuner built-in and then you only need the Antenna.

Last edited:

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Should be $19.90 per month. If you are with other ISP internet and sign up SH Fibre TV, free SH 1Gbps internet for 2 years.

Wah now this is the current promo for those who switch to fibre?

Ottoke

Reaction score
I recon already... Took the Homehub bundle, only pay $30 for 1st 3 months for internet and TV together. Gave me 1 pass free for TV because of Homehub

PetPet

Reaction score
I just helped my parents re-contracted today with Starhub.

2 Years of free fibre 1 gbps plan
2 Years discounted price for the TV plans

Free EOC adapters, router, installation and also house insurance :s11: :s22:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.