Forced from cable TV to fibre TV by Starhub

darkmatt

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
But when I was at the outlet , they didn’t mention there will be a waiting period . In fact appointment was fixed the following week. I think this unfair to the customer. Btw, am I able to watch channel 8 etc after 30/6 if the installation is still not done.

the number of service jobs that can be performed each day is finite, and so are the number of contracted service technicians. it is not surprising that there is a surge in number of people switching from cable to fibre in the final period before 30 Jun, and unfortunately Starhub did not promise anyone a timely switch to fibre by 30 Jun (and they know they can't because they cannot control the number of people who hugs buddha's feet). so if you don't have paid tv content to watch come 1 Jul, you only have yourself to blame. but hey, you may get to save some money.

Not unreasonable as the FTP need to be connect to NLT fibre network infra so they have to physically connect the fibre from somewhere outside the house to the person house. Not every one know how to do that. Sometime NLT finish the work earlier and may call the user. Such cable is under the ground so not easy.

this is a 1 step forward, 3 steps back kind of issue..

unlike the old system, just contract/recontract, bring the box home, plug in, settle.

now need to get NLT, once NLT done get singtel. once singtel done then your TV can come. stupid system..

idk why they cant just activate on backend for ALL. then fix it on user's end for the ISP required.

rajeev3001

Reaction score
Should be $19.90 per month. If you are with other ISP internet and sign up SH Fibre TV, free SH 1Gbps internet for 2 years.

I just helped my parents re-contracted today with Starhub.

2 Years of free fibre 1 gbps plan
2 Years discounted price for the TV plans

Free EOC adapters, router, installation and also house insurance :s11: :s22:

these offers are too good.
i received nothing from singtel.. not even a reminder mail to recontract.
switched to another ISP now.

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The SingTel representative here can at least feedback to the upper management. So probably still useful.

He may be just a sales person working in a ST executive partner shop and not an official representative here.

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
True la, can you help to email Singtel?

I second this too. Maybe he can start a petition first, and gather 10 signatures then email to ms chua to ask for change, for cheaper subscription, for non-Singtel customer to sign up Singtel cast asian package and also 4K for Singtel cast too

uncle_josh

Reaction score
He may be just a sales person working in a ST executive partner shop and not an official representative here.

The SingTel representative is an Official Representative.
Not a sales person lah...................
You can check with HWZ Admin

htngwilliam

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I second this too. Maybe he can start a petition first, and gather 10 signatures then email to ms chua to ask for change, for cheaper subscription, for non-Singtel customer to sign up Singtel cast asian package and also 4K for Singtel cast too

I have emailed Bill Chang and provided him with a link to this thread. Personally I have subscribed to Netflix, TVB and with some Chinese app, I am ready to leave Starhub with or without SingTel Cast.

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
I have emailed Bill Chang and provided him with a link to this thread. Personally I have subscribed to Netflix, TVB and with some Chinese app, I am ready to leave Starhub with or without SingTel Cast.

Thanks a lot bro, hopefully mr bill chang can give exceptions to a few of us here and give us a better exclusive deal in switching over from StarHub

htngwilliam

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If you are existing Starhub, the 2 years FOC fiber plus discounted TV program not attractive enough for u? U want singtel to give u FOC fiber plus TV for 2 years?

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
If you are existing Starhub, the 2 years FOC fiber plus discounted TV program not attractive enough for u? U want singtel to give u FOC fiber plus TV for 2 years?

Hi Mr Chang, no need to give free, $10 with gst will be good

And Mr Chang, if you are also reading this, I am locked in a one year contract for Sim-only contract, paying $30 for 20gb without callerid, can you also give exception for me to while still maintaining my contract that is left 6 months and allow me to downgrade my existing Sim only plan to pay $20 Sim-only that also give 15gb too? I will still be with singtel and singtel will still have me as their subscriber

k6wu23P.jpg

My data usage is at most 7-8gb, can’t finish the 20gb also

For this saving of $10, I can use it to subscribe to singtel cast asian plus package so net-net there is no loss of revenue for singtel too

Last edited:

jonatan1312

Reaction score
Currently I feel the best combo would be buying a mi box S, then install netflix (10.90) + tvb ($5.98) + singtel cast (Chinese for $12.90).

About $30/ month which is pretty reasonable. I like it because:

1. Little commitment (mostly no contract except for singtel cast - 1 year)

2. No box rental since xiaomi is $80. No nonsense as additional box rental and mirror of content

3. No signing up fees

4. No extra cables, EOCC, lan lines etc...

Personally for me, VOD is better than live TV. Unless you need to watch real time like football etc...

I totally agree with you.
Specially since I already have fiber broadband from other provider and Starhub "force" me to install additional fiber broadband at home (even though it's free for 2 years) if I want to switch to their FIber TV.
It means more cables, trunking etc in my house which I don't like it.

So, better to terminate their TV service and switch to android tv box as you mentioned above.

CougarGTR

Reaction score
U want to go from Starhub to SingTel?

Contemplating... I have 2 addresses. They only willing to give me free bb for 1 address and homehub+ for the other, which differs from their promo flyer.

Reason given was the 2nd address has starhub bb (but not on contract). Told them dun be an idiot, terminate the bb and give me the same offer for both addresses. I don't like due to non transparency of verbal offer/agreement. Till date still no decision from them...

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I totally agree with you.
Specially since I already have fiber broadband from other provider and Starhub "force" me to install additional fiber broadband at home (even though it's free for 2 years) if I want to switch to their FIber TV.
It means more cables, trunking etc in my house which I don't like it.

So, better to terminate their TV service and switch to android tv box as you mentioned above.

Actually Starhub should not stop cable TV as it is so convenient to set up. Not as troublesome as fibre TV. Now caused so much inconvenient.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.