Forced from cable TV to fibre TV by Starhub

Ottoke

Reaction score
Lol btw I am waiting for the guy to come down and do the installation. I recon on end April and the earliest appointment they can give me is mid-May which I agreed. Not like I got much choice lol. Got so many people recon/sign up?

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Lol btw I am waiting for the guy to come down and do the installation. I recon on end April and the earliest appointment they can give me is mid-May which I agreed. Not like I got much choice lol. Got so many people recon/sign up?

Quite troublesome for both Starhub and Users.

titank

Reaction score
M1 Broadband & Starhub Fibre TV

Currently I am on M1 Home Broadband & Starhub Cable TV. In order to watch Starhub Cable TV I need to switch from Starhub Cable to Starhub Fibre?
Does that mean I need to terminate all my M1 Broadband Services?

htngwilliam

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Currently I am on M1 Home Broadband & Starhub Cable TV. In order to watch Starhub Cable TV I need to switch from Starhub Cable to Starhub Fibre?
Does that mean I need to terminate all my M1 Broadband Services?

Don't need. Fiber usually allow for 2 ports. U have m1 and Starhub can come to install their fiber.

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score

Same, my cable contract ended early April, so i recontracted on 2nd week of April, their 2 appt, the later second one is late april and contract only commence after 2 appt are completed

And so I have to pay the rental box subscription (payable after end of contract) for 1 month despite signing contract on 2nd week of April

Ottoke

Reaction score
Same, my cable contract ended early April, so i recontracted on 2nd week of April, their 2 appt, the later second one is late april and contract only commence after 2 appt are completed

And so I have to pay the rental box subscription (payable after end of contract) for 1 month despite signing contract on 2nd week of April

Same... the good thing is that the benefits that were advertised were given to me at the day of sign up

It's just that now the old contract is still running because too many people making too many appointments

tomicaguy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I recon on 28 Apr and SH is coming down tomorrow.

Sent from HUAWEI BLA-L29 using GAGT

Halo green

Banned
Reaction score
Tried connecting the StarHub fibre to my router which I’m using for m1 fibre
But cannot work . Is there a way to connect to internet using 1 router?

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Tried connecting the StarHub fibre to my router which I’m using for m1 fibre
But cannot work . Is there a way to connect to internet using 1 router?

Restart every things in order to work. Switch off and on.

Last edited:

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Same... the good thing is that the benefits that were advertised were given to me at the day of sign up

It's just that now the old contract is still running because too many people making too many appointments

Which benefits?

Halo green

Banned
Reaction score
Restart every things in order to woek. Switch off and on.

my m1 fibre connected to the internet port in yellow. so I just plug in starhub fibre to any ethernet port and it should work?
520836-netgear-orbi-high-performance-ac3000-tri-band-wi-fi-system-rbk50.jpg

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
my m1 fibre connected to the internet port in yellow. so I just plug in starhub fibre to any ethernet port and it should work?
520836-netgear-orbi-high-performance-ac3000-tri-band-wi-fi-system-rbk50.jpg

No you have to plug it in LAN port 1 (next to yellow) and restart the ONT. Then it works.

Halo green

Banned
Reaction score
No you have to plug it in LAN port 1 (next to yellow) and restart the ONT. Then it works.

sorry Henry, bit confused here
currently my starhub fibre setp is like this: lan cable connected to linksys router and star hub ont. are u saying I disconnect the cable from linksys router and connect to my other netgear router which I used for m1 fibre? restart the ont and I should have 2 fibre running on my netgear router?

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
currently my starhub fibre setp is like this: lan cable connected to linksys router and star hub ont. are u saying I disconnect the cable from linksys router and connect to my other netgear router which I used for m1 fibre? restart the ont and I should have 2 fibre running on my netgear router?

Hmm, you have both Starhub and M1 Fibre? In that case you will need one router for Starhub and another router for M1.

M1 ONT -- M1 Netgear Router
Starhub ONT -- Starhub Linksys router

There are higher end router which can combine two fibre internet into one. They need to have two WAN ports.

Ref:
https://www.mbreviews.com/best-dual-wan-routers/

Last edited:

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If your router has Dual WAN feature like my ASUS AC88U router then u can run two fibre on one router. Just enable
Dual WAN on the router and select one of the LAN port on the router as the second WAN port in the router setting. Then plug the cable in accordingly. If your router is single WAN then you need one router for each isp. The problem may be your router do not have dual WAN. For M1 alone any router can be used but running 2 isp on one router is another thing which required a dual WAN router.

Last edited:

htngwilliam

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For this, both modem goes into ethernet then the console outputs to router? How does this work?

I presume the advantage is you can access to the better Internet? Also have flexibility in terms there is no down time?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HXT8EKE/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B00HXT8EKE&linkCode=as2&tag=mbr08-20&linkId=AR5EKBYENYBRG7IF

titank

Reaction score
Don't need. Fiber usually allow for 2 ports. U have m1 and Starhub can come to install their fiber.

Currently my Data Point at the TV is using M1. In this case, most likely I would need to cancel Starhub Cable TV after 30 Jun.
Just wonder now how to connect current TV to watch local channels? Would there be any android box which could watch local channels? Maybe see could get DTV Starter Kit from IMDA?
:s12::s12:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.