Forced from cable TV to fibre TV by Starhub

yiptw89

Master Member
Reaction score
Installed Android TV version of TVB Anywhere on my Mi Box S global. but when entering activation PIN, it keeps showing incorrect PIN.

wilflare

Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Yes you can. TVB Anywhere+ TV version now supports Mi Box S, Nvidia Shield TV and Sony Android TV.

now to find an alternative for the Taiwanese Channels and AndroidTV for Toggle (OTA) and I can cut the cord for StarHub

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
now to find an alternative for the Taiwanese Channels and AndroidTV for Toggle (OTA) and I can cut the cord for StarHub

For Toggle, it is easy, get a DVB-T2 Tuner box and Antenna and then you have better quality than Toggle. If your TV has built-in DVB-T2 Tuner, then you only need an Antenna.

https://starterkit.digitaltv.sg/

https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/house-displays-226/cheap-dvb-t2-stb-prc-5890904.html

Or you can try casting from your mobile phone since you have Nvidia Shield TV.

For Taiwanese TV, you can try to see if Fain TV from Google Play Store is good enough or not. It is free but with quite some ads.

Other possibilities

SingTel Cast Asian Plus pack if you are SingTel customers.
https://www.singtel.com/personal/products-services/lifestyle-services/cast/asian-plus

Last edited:

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Free 1 entertainment pass, free ONT and other stuffs

Very hesitant to upgrade to entertainment pass from my chinese D’lite package, I’m still holding on hope they will still give a second entertainment pass free

wilflare

Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
For Toggle, it is easy, get a DVB-T2 Tuner box and Antenna and then you have better quality than Toggle. If your TV has built-in DVB-T2 Tuner, then you only need an Antenna.

https://starterkit.digitaltv.sg/

https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/house-displays-226/cheap-dvb-t2-stb-prc-5890904.html

Or you can try casting from your mobile phone since you have Nvidia Shield TV.

For Taiwanese TV, you can try to see if Fain TV from Google Play Store is good enough or not. It is free but with quite some ads.

thanks! hmm now to do some math.
my StarHub TV contract is already over
only reason keeping it is the 30% off Mobile plans - the last contract ends in Nov

EDIT: TVB Anywhere HD quality isn't as good as StarHub's it seems

Last edited:

xtwis7

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
The basic tiers are worse off than the new entertainment passes right?

Very hesitant to upgrade to entertainment pass from my chinese D’lite package, I’m still holding on hope they will still give a second entertainment pass free

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
The basic tiers are worse off than the new entertainment passes right?

Asian Entertainment pass has everything I want but it is $10 more than what I am paying and get locked for 2 years and not 1 year is my main reason behind my hesitance

rajeev3001

Reaction score
Asian Entertainment pass has everything I want but it is $10 more than what I am paying and get locked for 2 years and not 1 year is my main reason behind my hesitance

this is the worst part about both singtel and starhub tv.

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

jupiter12

Reaction score
Hi all

Need to change to Starhub Fibre broadband due to home line.

Like to ask how is Starhub internet performance?

Any good and bad for Starhub Fibre broadband?

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Currently my Data Point at the TV is using M1. In this case, most likely I would need to cancel Starhub Cable TV after 30 Jun.
Just wonder now how to connect current TV to watch local channels? Would there be any android box which could watch local channels? Maybe see could get DTV Starter Kit from IMDA?
:s12::s12:
Does not meant that cancel Starhub TV can get starter kit? Even got it does not meant you can receive free to air channels for sure? It depends where you are located. Some location quite poor signal coverage. You can consider Singtel TV (standalone) if you are only using one TV box.

Last edited:

tks

Reaction score
Hi all

Need to change to Starhub Fibre broadband due to home line.

Like to ask how is Starhub internet performance?

Any good and bad for Starhub Fibre broadband?

All Singapore ISPs are using the Next Gen Nationwide Broadband Network (NBN) operated and maintained by NetLink Trust. I believe there should be no significant difference in internet performance. The differences lie in the pricing, packaging, router and home network.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.