The Spectacles Thread. - Part 2

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Dear all, i am looking to retain my current frameless spectacle (due to me liking the light weight titanium material). I am looking to do new lens only.

Any suggestions for a low cost shop to do just the lens? East, city, orchard areas preferably.

Thanks all in advance :)

Town area i believe you can head down to KJ optometrist at Plaza Sing. East area probably Mr Eyewear at West Mall!

Reaction score
I don’t know my degree but I have trouble looking at things from far, while driving etc.

Generally, I work 4 days from home; in front of a monitor for about 14 hours a day.

1/2 day,I work from a laptop.

Based on the information you've given us,

I would recommend the following lens type for you:
  • Single Vision Multicoated Distance (Just for viewing far/driving) ($50 +/-)
  • Anti fatigue lenses (For viewing far/driving + relax your eye for near use) ($180 +/-)

You may also choose to top up to have the lens material upgraded:
  • Colour changing lenses (E.g. Transitions, Photochromic)
  • HEV Light (Blue) Filter (E.g. Asahi-Lite UV3G, Tokai Lutina)

Hope that helps :)

lalelilolul

Reaction score
Town area i believe you can head down to KJ optometrist at Plaza Sing. East area probably Mr Eyewear at West Mall!

West Mall at Bukit Batok? It may be alittle far for me, as i live at Chai Chee and work in town.

Thanks for your recommendations, appreciated. I have sent an enquiry to KJ Opt. :):):)

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
West Mall at Bukit Batok? It may be alittle far for me, as i live at Chai Chee and work in town.

Thanks for your recommendations, appreciated. I have sent an enquiry to KJ Opt. :):):)

Ah i see that great. You can also head down to Katong shopping centre (Jamco Optical) too.

joesph

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ZCuRv03l.jpg

Sent from Samsung SM-G975F using GAGT

RDroid

Reaction score
Help needed with Zeiss lenses

Hello all,

Would like to seek help on this topic. I have always been a Zeiss lens user. Recently visited my regular optician to get a new pair of specs, as my previous one got damaged.

I went for Zeiss Single Vision Individual 1.6 with no BlueProtect. My degrees as follow: R -125 Astig -75, L -325 Astig -125.

When I picked up my specs for the first time, I noticed there was a noticeable and significant yellow tinge to the lenses. As I work in an industry that requires absolute colour accuracy and true colour, I couldn't have any yellow tinge to my lens. The optician was helpful and help me remake the specs as there could be a mistake with BlueProtect added to it.

The specs came back for a second time and still, there was the same yellow tinge to the lenses. The optician then explains to me that due to the UV protection Zeiss employed (400 and above), they no longer make clear lenses. I would like to find out from the experienced folks here if this is really the case?

If Zeiss no longer make lenses without a yellow tinge, what other brands of lenses would you recommend? Superb clarity and durability are my top priorities. I pair the lenses with a frameless frame.

Many thanks for reading and helping in advance!

epigram

Reaction score
I'm very satisfied with my tokai 1.76 go lens and planning to make another pair. Do the industry insiders here know if the tokai 1.76 cvf is now available locally?

vbhelper

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

Would like to seek help on this topic. I have always been a Zeiss lens user. Recently visited my regular optician to get a new pair of specs, as my previous one got damaged.

I went for Zeiss Single Vision Individual 1.6 with no BlueProtect. My degrees as follow: R -125 Astig -75, L -325 Astig -125.

When I picked up my specs for the first time, I noticed there was a noticeable and significant yellow tinge to the lenses. As I work in an industry that requires absolute colour accuracy and true colour, I couldn't have any yellow tinge to my lens. The optician was helpful and help me remake the specs as there could be a mistake with BlueProtect added to it.

The specs came back for a second time and still, there was the same yellow tinge to the lenses. The optician then explains to me that due to the UV protection Zeiss employed (400 and above), they no longer make clear lenses. I would like to find out from the experienced folks here if this is really the case?

If Zeiss no longer make lenses without a yellow tinge, what other brands of lenses would you recommend? Superb clarity and durability are my top priorities. I pair the lenses with a frameless frame.

Many thanks for reading and helping in advance!

just discard the anti blue light len
get a zeiss normal len

antisole

Reaction score
Just received my Zeiss lenses with I.Scription, I think kena chop carrot.
Paid about 1200SGD for the lense only. Here is the prescription:

kYDyh67.png

angy

Reaction score
@thegardens3b, @GANGSTERKIA, @EyezoneOpticalSG

All of you have been fab contributors to this thread. I have a question for all of you.

At the end of the day, any optical shop is about making money. Given that companies like EyezoneOpticalSG based their shops around the HDB area, GANGSTERKIA have shops in malls, does the high rental in the shops indirectly affects the final price of a pair of spectacles? Will one shop be more expensive than another because of their higher operational cost?

I am sure any one of you, can get similar brands of lens and all the permutations for your customers, so your bottom line must be based on volume . Am I right? I think your business is tough but you guys are amazing in helping and sharing.

Nakedtoes

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I spend abt $100 per Oakley with free prescription 1.61 lenses.. U all so Rich paying 1k plus for lenses only? It just a pc of polycarbonate.. Or so call a pc of plastic only..

angy

Reaction score
I spend abt $100 per Oakley with free prescription 1.61 lenses.. U all so Rich paying 1k plus for lenses only? It just a pc of polycarbonate.. Or so call a pc of plastic only..

You cannot say like that.

Given that you have a Patek logo as you avatar, it is like asking someone why buy a Patek just to tell time where a cheap Casio will do the same job. In glasses, you pay for what you get. There is no cheap glasses.

joesph

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I agree with you. unless it's glass! ha ha

RDroid

Reaction score
just discard the anti blue light len
get a zeiss normal len
Hello Bro,

I believe there is no anti-blue light protection on the lenses. From what the optician told me, it is because of the UV protection on the lens. Hence I'm asking the experienced members here if it's true that all Zeiss lenses will come with that yellow tinge as per what the optician told me due to Zeiss implementing higher UV threshold.

Many thanks for your reply.

Nakedtoes

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You cannot say like that.

Given that you have a Patek logo as you avatar, it is like asking someone why buy a Patek just to tell time where a cheap Casio will do the same job. In glasses, you pay for what you get. There is no cheap glasses.
Why no cheap glasses.. Is u know where to buy.. Or u want to be Robert kana chop by optical shop. What kind of plastic lenses deserve 1k plus? I am a pro photographer using prim nikkor lenses.. Even inside use glasses and super coating also not so expensive..

And yes I paid 2xk for a patek watch.. U know now it worth how much? Close to 40k now.. U tell me yr that ******* pair of 1k plus lenses is worth what price after u walk out of optical shop. Lol

Nakedtoes

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I agree with you. unless it's glass! ha ha

Bro even for glasses is also not so ex..i still like glasses instead of plastic cause super scratch resistant.. But lenses can be more heavy.. If yr frame is small type.. Glass is the best.. But now very very hard to make glass one.

joesph

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Bro even for glasses is also not so ex..i still like glasses instead of plastic cause super scratch resistant.. But lenses can be more heavy.. If yr frame is small type.. Glass is the best.. But now very very hard to make glass one.
optical shop is like sls & lucky plaza, money come 1st

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.